Is it unhealthy to eat less than 1200 calories a day even if you're just not hungry?

I eat when I'm hungry and until I'm satisfied. Lately I've been tracking my intake and it's not coming up to much, some days 1100 other maybe 1400 at most.
I'm also trying to lose weight and I don't know if I'm mentally psyching myself out.
I'm eating nutritious food, lots of fruits veggies, beans and healthy grains.

Most Helpful Guy

• you should eat 1500 a day 1200 is too low I don't know how u can live on that haha

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it is unhealthy. There is no way you could get the nutrients you need on a diet with calories that low. At calorie consumption that low, your body could be slowing down it's weight loss. What it better is if you eat around 1500-1900 and pair it with an hour or two of activity.

• It's only been recently that I eat so little. I have a lack of appetitie. Should I just over eat?

• People always complain when people say they're vegans.
      That's why I mentioned earlier that I just don't eat meat or dairy.

• There's a difference between telling someone your vegan in a discussion about tacos and saying your vegan when you're asking for dietetic advice.

What Guys Said 1

• You're probably not eating enough

What Girls Said 2

• yes it is

• As long as you don't feel shaky or light headed you're fine, everybody has different bodies that handle different amounts of food differently (sorry I reused the same word three times)