Do you think good looking people are usually not nice?

I am wondering if you think if a good looking person is nice or not.

I am not good looking and neither is my oldest brother but I think in general we are extremely nice.

My younger sister and brother are very good looking and a lot of people like them but they are not nice at all. For example, my sister dated a married man, had a kid with him, cheated on him and lied about it, treats her son like garbage and a burden on top of a million other things. My brother just brutally beat up my mom and threw her in the basement, she has internal bleeding from head to toe and multiple fractures. He also has stolen 34,700$ from her, on top of numerous other things.

• Yes, good looking people are not nice
  • No, mean people are just mean

Most Helpful Guy

• Not true, niceness and the kindness of a person has nothing to do with physical appearance.

The most beautiful woman I ever met was a half Sri-Lankan & half Dutch woman and she was also the nicest person I have ever met.

Most Helpful Girl

• Good looking people can get away with more. But that doesn't mean good looking people are mean. Mean people come in all shapes and sizes, ugly, cute or hot

What Guys Said 23

• I usually find it completely the opposite. The good looking people are the most genuine and nicest around because they are happy and dont feel bitter about the world.

• Wow! Your family sounds all kinds of fucked up!

Anyway, I think in general good looking people actually tend to be pretty nice. Perhaps it's because they usually get a positive response from others and so go into most interactions (rightly) assuming they will be positive. This makes it easier to be relaxed and nice and that in turn is a positive reinforcing loop.

Obviously, there are exceptions to this because there's a LOT more going on than just looks in determining behavior.

• It is hard to tell - I know some lovely people who are good looking - I think there can be a certain type of Mr. Popular or Ms. Popular who can perpetuate that stereotype but in general I just avoid those assholes and concentrate on normal people.

• Why on earth do you think you're not good looking?

• Because I have had people telling me that I am not pretty but my sister is

• I'm sure this isn't true. lol.
      As to your original question, I think pretty people often have to try less hard for achieving things. That certainly influences their personality.

• That might be true

• No, mean people are just mean

• is your brother in prison?

• @redeyemindtricks my husband, my oldest brother and my dad thinks getting the cops involved in this will just be a huge problem for our family.

• Ok then, LET yr brother beat yr mother halfway to death and steal tens of thousands of dollars from her.

Yr choice, I guess.

I can't imagine what you must let yr own husband do to you...

• halo effect. google it.

and in general good looking people are not nice, simply because they don't have to be. It's much more fun to be good looking and troll around with eccentric behavior while knowing it won't much change the outcome of end result.

• Looks have nothing to do with I certainly don't see that, people want to be percieved positively regardless of looks. But I hope your shitty brother is locked up behind bars that asswipe. Where was your older brother and why didn't he break his legs?

• He was at his house, with his wife and four kids

• What happened to your lowlife brother who beat up your mum. I hope he is rotting in jail now.

• i think looks have nothing to do with being nice or not

• No, mean people are just mean. I know people who are as fat and ugly as they get and they piss me off too.

• Good looking people are actually nicer lol. It's these average caked up sloots that are bitchy.

• When the good looking people think that everyone is supposed to like them, and if they're arrogant, then they aren't exactly mean, but not very nice.

• Facial expressions tell a lot more about potential shitstorm heading your way. Looks is just looks.

• Not always

• No I don't think there's any correlation in my experience

• Based on experience I assume they are mean and play it safe.

• Why would you think that?

• Nope a good person is good and a mean is mean regardless of his appearance.

• I hate how easily people assume that

• No OP I'm not very nice

• people don't act in certain ways due to how they look.

• I dont know but its probably more likely for them to be narcissistic.

• No but I think most people that lift weights are not very nice. I am someone that weight lifts and there are definitely a lot of douchey guys at my gym. Like A LOT. It's clear that they lift weights not for health but to show off and feel superior to others.

• I think there are the same amount of mean and nice people among attractive and unattractive people. Unattractive people just can't get away with it as well so they keep their asshole nature to themselves. Attractive people can be more mean in public because they rely on their attractiveness and other peoples insecurities to get away with it.

What Girls Said 21

• I'm very surprised that people say that good looking people are 'nicer' they are superficially nice, some of them can be very arrogant, some are spoiled by their looks, and some are just plain nasty why? Cause they are let off the hook more easily. So, don't be fooled. I don't think all good looking people are bad, but a fair share of em aren't that nice.

• I wouldn't class all good looking people as ignorant. But some of them are so self absorbed they don't care about anyone else.

• That is a one sided view but human treachery knows how to disguise themselves really well through the eyes of an innocent child, a beautiful woman or an old man.

• No, I don't think good looking people are less nice than "ugly" people. I don't think looks matter, it depends more on the person's background and the way they were raised.
    Often it's about confidence, and not how you actually look. A person who considers him/herself ugly is often bitter and believes that the world is mean and kind of owns them something.

• No. I have met so many unattractive people who are mean and good looking people who are nice. Being mean has nothing to do with look but I don't know why I find that good looking people around me are so much better treating others. I guess like @cosytoasty says it's the bitterness.

• Can't say I've noticed a correlation. I know plenty of very good looking people who are very nice and equally a lot of ugly people who are very mean.

• Anyone can be mean and rude. Looks don't have much to do it. Good looking people can be a bit more snooty, but then again so can average or even ugly people.
    90% of the good looking people I've met have been very sweet and down to earth.

• I don't think looks really have bearing on whether someone's kind or not... I mean okay some really attractive people who *know* they're attractive let it get to their heads so they go around thinking they're perfect, and therefore better than everyone else... so "just because someone looks good, doesn't mean they are good."
    But then I know some attractive people that are some of the nicest I've ever met. So in the end I think it really just depends

• Nope, looks don't always contribute to how mean someone is.

• i think mean people are just mean

• I think it depends on the individual and their personality

• I think the exact opposite!

I think theyre usually friendly and happy.

Unless they have resting face then I think otherwise 😭

• Woah your family is cray! It depends on the person. I've met really attractive people who are nice and some who are mean just like I've met ugly people who are nice and others who are mean.

• I have met some really nice good looking people.

• Nope

• No, mean people are just mean it has little or nothing to do with what they look like.

• No. I don't know why people always assume this

• Your brother was a drug addict but in general good-looking people are not nice

• Attractive people are nicer because others have been nice to them.

• Whoa! You should contact the police about your brother beating up your mum, the poor woman. I hope to God she's okay, I don't know what I'd do if that was my poor mum.

I mean the sister is really unethical too but damn!

As for the overall question, granted some good looking people are horrible in personality but I think it would be unfair to say all good looking people are bad.

I knew a guy in my first year in college who was good looking, he could be a bit pervy sometimes and sarcastic, but he wanted to work with teenagers to help them and didn't care when I told him they get mouthy at you since I had received help for my ME as a 13 year old and would easily get annoyed and talk back to people - I was a bloody nightmare! He had a dog he loved too and seemed to get on well with his sister and mum. He'd tell me to "just ignore them" when classmates started winding me up.

When I was little, there was this fat girl in my class who always had her hair tied back, a runny nose and scabby red skin on her cheeks. No offence but I wouldn't exactly call her pretty and she was mean and would bully me and my friends. I think she's changed since though, I don't know, I don't really know her anymore.

Granted, I also knew a girl in college who was considered very pretty that would pick on me a lot and I also know an unattractive guy and girl who are both very nice.

Think it just depends on the person really. I find my boyfriend quite cute and he's lovely - Tells me he loves me and wants to marry me, is understanding of when I worry/overreact to things and reassures me, will try to make me laugh even if it means insulting himself to cheer me up if I'm crying, tries to get me to eat and feeds me food of his own plate since he worries I am too skinny/not eating enough, wipes my tears with his shirt, worries about me and would hug me even when he wasn't used to them, just to make me happy as well as many other things.

I believe it just depends on the persons brain, their looks don't necessarily have much to do with it. We all know after a certain age that there's a "right" and "wrong" way to behave.

Granted, there are a lot of good looking people that are A-holes and unattractive ones who are sweet, but then there are also good looking people who are nice and unattractive people who are nasty.

• This is the dumbest shit