What is the longest you have gone without sleep?

And why?

I've literally been up for 3 days straight. No naps, nothing. I looked like that guy from The Walking Dead.
Worse is, I can't even remember why. Probably for exams or something.

Most Helpful Guy

• 3 days. You start to thiink you see things out the corner of your eye and you start hearing things. It get's crazy. I also get really paranoid at night

Most Helpful Girl

• Around 2 to 3 days is the longest for me. Back in school, especially around last year, I had so many papers and presentations to do but I procrastinated a lot so I would sometimes go to class with zero sleep. Worst ever.

What Guys Said 16

• Yeah around that territory - 3/4/5 days but it becomes dangerous because you could fall asleep be careful if you are driving or anything - I can go long spells on very little sleep but can't guarantee I won't fall asleep for five minutes here or there unexpectedly.

• about 60ish hours or so playing video games lol 😣 so 2 and a half days. Dat student life.

• I am a chronic insomniac, hence why you poor people have to endure me on GAG so much

i am lucky to get 3 hours a night, in 30 minute bursts

• Wow seriously? Isn't there something you can do about it?

• And aren't you tired all the time, or did your body get used to not getting enough sleep?

• You are tired but you just deal. If you do not, no one will deal for you

• the longest time i ever went without sleep was probably 2 days. i went to this party with my friends and the day after on 6 in the morning we had to organize an event so there was no time to sleep.

• I don't know tbh
    But yep I can't sleep at night
    And i take 3-4 hours nap in day time
    So I usually don't sleep much :P

• Sleep? What is this sleep you speak of? *Eye twitch* :v
    I dunno but it was more than a few days... I literally passed out hopped up on coffee... shall not do that again.

• Lmao. Yeah never doing that again. I remember now, I was reading a series of books + I had exams. I was going crazyyy. Never slept more afterwards.

• About 40 hours awake. Working the whole time.

Have you been to sleep yet? How does three days awake feel?

• Yes, it has been a year. I used to stay awake for a whole day back then. Reading, doing stuff for uni. Was kinda anxious too.
      And tbh it feels like you're awake, but brain-dead. I was yawning all the time the second day, and could only answer with one word. Headaches too, and nothing but coffee to help me survive.

Never doing that again.

And what did you work on back then?

• Yeah, it is.

• Well, a cyber, international, multilingual, music, travelling hug to you.

• Been I went 3 days before when I was 18 lol. Was in bootcamp. I was hallucinating at that point.

• 3 days and half lol I was in the desert and it was the first time and I didn't know how to sleep lol

• 34 hours

• In all honesty i was up for 7 days once and it was earlier this summer... Talking and typing was extremely hard

• 7 days? Wow. After three days I thought I was gonna pass out from exhaustion and maybe I did lol.

• Yeah i was grinding and well yeah it was terrible. I feel you on that though after 3 days it pretty much goes downhill with the speech

• I had anxiety last year due to exams and didn't sleep at all for 24 hours. Nerves get me :p

• About 30 hours

• 48 hours

• Like 2 days.

• Like 26 hours

What Girls Said 11

• Three days? o_o I couldn't do it. I love sleep too much, haha. I think I've just been up for a full 24 hours before falling asleep because of some family issues.

• Yeah, I used to be super anxious before. Three days was my max, but sometimes I didn't sleep the whole day. Passing time doing god know what to avoid sleep. Now it rarely ever happens. I do love to sleep haha.

• Ahh, gotcha. It probably didn't help, though. Weird how those things happen.

• I did this twice. And I spent a day without sleeping.
    The first time I had a school project and some of my classmates didn't do their work. So, I had to do what they didn't.
    And the second time, I had a college work to do.

• Probably only like 24 hours or a little more. I never put myself I situations where I can't sleep.

• 24 hrs. straight and had nothing but trail mix cookies from the vending machine and monster energy drinks to keep me going. I was working on a project; worst semester of my college career (of my life really). I was trembling and everything in the end

• 2 days last year.

• Close to 2 days

• 5 days in 2006

• 2 days

• I was once up until like 5 am. I was on the phone and didn't have to be up early the next day.

• 6 days... It was awful. ._.

• Wow that's a lot.

• Yeah... I was in a bad situation and was too scared to sleep so just fuelled myself up on energy drinks and coffee. By the last few days I was all twitchy and shaky. I wouldn't recommend it. :')

• two days... can't sleep on airplanes for shit lol