Is it fair if a church/sect or other subculture teaches their boys to respect females?

Don't you think that empowers feminism in that subculture?

Most Helpful Girl

• So you think women should be abused and not respected?

• No. I don't assume men to do so by nature. I just find it better when people learn that by themselves.

• Those statistics are national. That is the risk everywhere.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• It's literally just teaching a kid to be a decent person. He SHOULD respect women, the same way he should respect men.

• The sect I grew up in made quite a few girls hypersexual and thus sexually abuse guys.

• Okay? That's awful and the girls who thought it was okay to abuse guys are bad people. However, that's not what you described this particular thing as doing, you said 'to respect females'. Respecting women is what you are supposed to do and respecting women doesn't mean the women will be 'hypersexual'. So this particular church is doing something good.

• I think it is a good thing to teach respect, no matter who it comes from

• Of course it is fair...

• Isn't it the minimum?

• I think if someone wants to follow religion, teaching people to be respectful of others i s always a good thing. I think non religious people would also benefit. Not just respect one gender, but both.

• No it should be like that just like you respect guys you should respect girls

What Guys Said 1