Are Americans really that cruel?

I was watching social experiments with people in America and i was surprised how people don't give a shit about others' problems... one day i was in the park (i live in Iraq) and suddenly i heard a woman crying loud, when i went to check out what happened i discovered that she lost her 10 years old child but all the people (including young and old) ran to her and tried to help by searching for her daughter, I'm really surprised of these videos, one of my Canadian friends told me that in America it's all about taking care about yourself and your family and fuck everyone, is that right?

look at these guys, they don't want to even help him picking up his keys

or these guys who are not honest with a blind man

or these people who don't want to even give the blind thirsty man a bottle of water

So i was wondering are people in America really like that?(i understand that not all of them like that) or these videos are just fake?

Most Helpful Girl

• Umm..
    Why are women from Iraq not allowed to wear normal clothing?
    Why are women beating their daughters to death and nobody helping these young girls? Just because they decide to marry someone that they chose instead of who the parents chose for her? .. I can go in forever...,

In these videos, let's suppose they were real, at the very least they are strangers... As oppose to in Iraq where you do much worse things to your own family... Now THAt is cruel... Perhaps in your culture you rather help a stranger and kill your own offspring simply because you do not like something that they did... That's just awful.. 😔!!

• hahahaha, what you said was funny as hell, you don't know anything about Iraq, the Hijab is not forced on women here, they're fucking Muslims and they decided to wear hijab, Christians here don't wear hijab and alcohol is legal here... you're completely wrong
      women can wear anything they want her.

and i dunno what are you talking about! killing our own families? improve you trolling skills first then come with something new, thanks.

• Yes, you're completely right and i agree, i know that bad people are everywhere and i never meant that Americans are bad and by the way we have many bad people here, it was just a question cuz i really don't know if the videos are real or fake so i thought maybe asking people from America would help me answer my question...
      and I'm really really sorry if i was so rude and offensive, i really apologize.

• No it wasn't rude... I'm just saying we see things from another country, on tv the media or read about it from some source and then we get an idea of how people are there, when usually it's not like hat at all in its true reality.

For example USA movies always portray American girls as "easy" dumb and conceited.. Russians are always the bad enemies, and the weather is always perfect... Everyone is rich living near the beach etc etc... When reality is not even half true. ... Yet when people see these movies and have never actually been to the USA have this completely different image of how it really is...

Just the same people from USA view Russia as the bad ones, and the media portrays the Middle East as all terrorists... Etc etc.. Making people believe this and forming an idea in their heads that that is how it is... Thus making you act differently towards certain people based on what you think of them..

Anyway sorry too if I offended you inn any way.

Most Helpful Guy

• The vast majority of the "social experiments" and big name pranks on youtube are rigged. Even a lot of the happy feel-good pranks are rigged. It's almost alarming how many of them are fake. They hire actors/actresses to do certain things, react certain ways, and so on. Sometimes they simply edit things to give the reaction they want. It's actually pretty easy to do. The only one I know of I'm pretty sure is real is JStuStudios-- and that is simply pranks... No social experiments or whatever.

This video is more so tailored towards prank channels on youtube, but it is in the same way applicable to social experiments as well.
    http://youtu.be/95flK-IZDYg

Why are they rigged? Views. People will watch juicy reactions. Juicy reactions = views. Views = ad revenue. Ad revenue = lots of money.

The reality of the situation: There are good people and evil people in the world. That being said, most social experiment videos are purely entertainment-- not reality. Who knows how people would actually react in a situation like this?

What Girls Said 2

• This is not true. The videos are tailored and edited to get a message across or to gain more views. It's all just slight of hand.

• ok. some of the parts of these videos are exaggerated. i have never seen anyone who was not willing to help someone pick up their keys. that part is ridiculous. also, it really depends on the person. where i live, there are homeless people who take lotto tickets out of the garbage, and they sell them to people for money. the only problem with the tickets is that they have already been claimed. so when customers try to cash them in, they get angry because they can't get the money. no society is perfect, and there are many societies that are jacked for different reasons. so you can't believe everything you see on the internet because everyone is different.

What Guys Said 16

• No the people around here where I live are actually really helpful and kind, we always say hello to each other on the street, even stop and talk with each other. In times of trouble we band together to help each other out, I've personally help out many people whenI saw that they needed it.

Me and others have gone to cars stuck in the roads during floods and helped them get un-stuck.

I've helped feed some homeless guys before.

When I worked at a gym I'd always help the basketball memers pay for their memeberships or pay for the whole thing because they would often forget their money.

Payed for my sensei to train there even when I knew it would hurt me fincially.

Help people catch dogs running away and other things.

I pray for people all the time.

Helped a guy I knew years ago herd his cows around his farms lands and then help feed em.

Things others have done for me or others.

I've had a man who is the father of one of my friends actually buy me and my family a month's supply of food, because he overheard me telling his daughter about how we had almost no food in the house at all which at the time was true and we still had about a week before we could buy me. And he did it just out of the kindness of his heart and to thank my family for their military service in protecting the country.

He did it again at Thanksgiving came out of nowhere no idea he was coming by and he came with a literal truck load of food, again out of the kindness of his heart and to thank my family for their service.

We protect each other and keep each other safe.

Farmers in the country are really close with each other I've seen em helping with each others herds and stuff, or helping to repair stuff.

Got a soup kitchen to feed the homeless and poor.

We often do charity things or help out when people need it.

A car full of college kids once saw me fighting agaisnt 4 people and stopped and helped me with them and made sure I was safe before asking me what had happened and then took care of them and went and told their parents what they had done.

Also those videos of yours are edited so that they only show the bad things because bad and sad things get more views then kind and nice things they also edit them to show or try and prove a point.

• Though things like that do actually happen here these videos make it seem like they happen way, way more then they actually do. And you have to keep in mind that the location where these things are actually filmed play a major part in it. Things like this will happen more in large cities or states like New York or California where there is a lot of criminals, richer people and just overall less of the good stuff.

While in smaller towns and communities you will see more happy families, a more tight-nit community that helps each other out.

Trust me while you may see a lot of hate, bad behavior and violence in these videos which is kind of the point of them, there are a lot of wonder, kind and generous, great and helpful people here. So don't let the social media, youtube videos and mainstream media corrupt and taint what America is in your mind alright bud?

• I was planning to immigrate to Canada because i have many relatives and friends there, but America seems to be a great place to move to, i dunno, maybe i immigrate to America :)

• O yeah? nice and cool, well both America and Canada are good places to go for different reasons.

Well if you do come to America I hope you have a wonderful life here, and obtain the American Dream so to speak hah.

If you have any questions about America feel free to ask and I'll be happy to answer them however I can.

• I think a lot of the time people just wanna avoid anything that could potentially turn awkward.
    Or they think they're too busy.

• I think they are exaggerated and I don't think its americans, I think its people. Some are good some are not.

• There's some truth to it, many Americans are blind to the suffering of others.

• Well maybe people from Northern parts are cruel but southern US are better , but also depends on the place.

• these videos are edited to show the bad people to get more views. im sure they dont show the 100 who did do the right thing.

• There's been research done on this. It's a societal thing. The more concentrated a population is the less considerate of others the people become. In small towns people are far kinder and polite on average than any major city. Even things as small as driving your car is wildly different based on the population size.

• They are not representative, but you have to remember that we don't live in the same place for long. Everyone in your park has *probably* at least glimpsed the other people there once or twice. In America, we are constantly interacting with people we've never seen before and will never see again. Also we are constantly bombarded by scammers, mostly foreigners, who will do anything to make money.

• We think your treatment of women is horrifying

• It's not like you'd react to these situations. It's one thing to say you will, another to do it in the actual situation. That's why people spamming those "LIEK IF HUMANITY IS DOOOOOMED" things on Facebook are the limescale of the species.

• We are all cruel.

• No you can't base this off just a couple of youtube videos.

• I don't think so
    Their are nice and helpful people everywhere 😊

• They're like that come on just look at how pathetic their presidential candidates.. if the leaders are bad then what bout the country lolol

• America is very much about self. Making it on your own. Lifting yourself up by your own bootstraps.

That said, I've always found many Americans to be incredibly kind and generous. No doubt there are exceptions. I've heard New Yorkers are very unempathic.

• less cruel than ISIS probably...

but who knows...