Am I wasting my potential because I want to be a makeup artist and not go into the sciences?

ill be attending my last year at college, and I've explored quite a bit of subjects but never felt connected to any. I'm majoring in psychology, and although I find it interesting, my passion is just not there. My education has been expensive since it's a private school, but I had an academic scholarship that covered 3/4 of it while my dad's savings payed off the rest. So I will not be in debt. The thing is, the plan has been to get my masters and go to grad school... But I have no passion for it. I know I'm smart enough but I just don't want it. I have always been more interested in the arts but never found my trade in that either, after exploring classes... Until it hit me. I love makeup. I love putting on makeup. 2/3 of my day is makeup focused, I swear. I watch videos online, look at pictures, show others things I see. I'm so obsessed with makeup. I am a VIB at Sephora. It's all I want to spend money on. I'm good to draw and I am good at my makeup. I have been putting on makeup every single day, even when I'm sick, since I was a junior in high school. Whenever I was stressed in college, I'd go back to my room and just sit at my dresser and apply makeup. I love experimenting. I just love it all. I can't believe it took me so long to realize it. I could see myself playing with makeup the rest of my life. I want to make tutorials and have my own channel and make my own lines. It helps I'm attractive too. And I have tried SO much makeup.

i told my dad and he flipped, saying I was throwing my education and brains away. How it won't support the lifestyle I want and in 20 years I'll be without a job or will have lost my passion for it since I'll be older. He thinks it's the stupidest thing ever and it just makes me want to cry because I truly love it. Is it unrealistic to want to be a makeup artist? Is it stupid since I have a straight-A brain and have studied science that I want to go do this instead?

What Guys Said 1

• Do both. Makeup artust by day. Grad school at night in case things don't work out.

What Girls Said 2

• do what you want to do. it's your life. your parents won't be around forever, so you have to make your life.

• No you're not