Is liberal media shaming traditional masculinity?

Most Helpful Girl

• the answer is yes. if you live in america, numbers of women are trying to crush masculinity in their favor. it's disgusting, but it's also a bit funny in a way. they are trying to crush masculinity, but they b*tch when the guy isn't masculine enough to serve their desires. how bout you stop trying to turn them into whipped little b*tches so that you can be superior? sick.

• I've read a few of your posts, I like your thought process. It's on point.

• @HonestWhiteGuy We may have reached the turning point already, tbh. The REALLY crazy rad-fem shit was a lot more prominent -- and a lot less likely to be called out for what it is -- 20 years ago than it is now.

Honestly, if it seems like radical feminism and anti-male forces have a greater impact now than they did 20 years ago, that's probably just because the internet has a way of magnifying *everything* if you happen to be following that particular thing. (Same thing with, say, "fat activists", who are actually vanishingly few... but who can all get together on the internet and *seem* like there's more of them than there actually are.)

• @redeyemindtricks Feminism hasn't had an affect on me, I still have hairy balls.

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem is fear, we have heard so much how dangerous men are, that women should be afraid of men. So as a backlash, there is a movement trying to change guys to make them "safe" of course it's not good for men, (suicide rates are on the incline at an alarming rate), but as men just don't count in societies eyes it's not a big deal.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, absolutely. And some even think we should all be gender neutral.
    BS in my opinion.
    I love traditional masculine guys.

• Where are you from if you don't mind me asking? Here in cali is seems very prevalent in comparison to say.. the mid west.

• I don't know about Cali but I'm from Boston.
      There are plenty of college idiots who think this way.

• Yeah a lot of my professors are liberal and try to spew this garbage all the time. Good to know women aren't all third-wave men hating feminist lol. They keep telling men to act like pussies who talk about their feelings all the time and complain that there no 'real' men out there. Their whole life is being lived with the notion of an oxymoron lol.

• Id have to say yes and feminity. They preach tolerance yet shame those who are traditionally masculine and feminine and cisgender.

• I would say yes.

• Yeah, I could see that. I think it stomps on femininity too. It's like it's trying to kill that divide, which I like (in context).

• Not enough. I wish it did more along with what it means to be "feminine".

What Guys Said 16

• Yes, and it's sad. Reality is, they are pawns being used and in the end they will be cast aside. Look up Yuri Bezmenov and watch his video warning America. Keep in mind this video was decades ago. History repeats itself and it seems like people don't learn. The feminism movement nowadays is a joke. It's just women trying to feed their ego's and get all the benefits to equality meanwhile wanting the benefits to chivalry and the men footing the bill as usual.

• " liberal media shaming traditional masculinity?"
    Now this is a thought that I've been thinking about writing a take on but the fact is that that most major news companies whether liberal or conservative are not out to inform people. They are out for profit.
    They also each cater to a consumer base.
    Fox News often caters to those with Neo-con Views.
    MSNBC often caters to those with neo-liberal views.
    The Wikipedia Current Events section now that I think about it, caters to those with classical liberal views on civil rights while not really taking a fiscal stance.

So it begs the question which form of liberalism are you talking about.
    Socially I'm a Classical liberal (Which honestly is what everyone should be. The whole, if it doesn't hurt anyone else legalize it.)
    Now Classical liberalism is very different from Neo-Liberalism which is the social police of the Democrats.
    This Also begs the question which kind of conservative are you looking at. Regular Conservatism, Neo-Conservatives, 'Paleo'-Conservatism.

AND there is my rant about people not knowing the definition of politics for today. Bye-Bye

• Haha love this video and he's exactly right in every regard.

• A 'real man' wouldn't give a toss about stuff like this.

So, it is ironical how you are trying to champion something you obviously do not understand

• A 'real man' doesn't care about what others perceptions are as to what constitutes a 'real man'.

Is this the same man that says he wants to be dominated by a woman on this website multiple times a day? I rest my case lol. The real irony is in that last sentence right there.

• @redeyemindtricks I wasn't really referring to you to much mostly about the argument between banana and gobs.

• I can't see why there can't be both - If both sides worried less about what the other side was doing and just get on with their life - What about the folks who couldn't care less if they are Alpha, Beta, Gamma or Iota - I am just me and I look after myself. I have more important things to worry about quite honestly.

• Only in your paranoid mind.

• Paranoia is characterized by delusions of persecution. Was this video not enough to make you realize that this is not persecution? Very perceptive you are lol.

• 5 years ago it was illegal for gays to get married. 50 years ago it was illegal for blacks to marry whites. 100 years ago it was illegal for women to vote.
      I'd say society is always getting better, but for someone who hates equality (conservatives) it might appear to get worse.

• So all conservatives hate equality as well. I've noticed that anyone who is an extremist on either side doesn't usually have all their marbles. That's a ridiculous assumption.

• You know what's the problem of your culture you guys got too many labels lol

• No, traditional masculinity is just so detrimental, it's shamed by society in general for being detrimental. After all, who wants people resolving conflicts with their fists?

• Well if you believe traditional masculinity is stemmed of the notion of physical violence then sure lol

• Well sure I don't want physical violence. That's not what I would describe as traditional masculinity though.

• Masculinity actually deters fights in a manner not all that dissimilar to the way nukes deter global conflict.

• I kek'd at TLJ looking over his paper!

• Sure, but it doesn't really make any difference to traditionally masculine guys by definition!

• There is no alpha or beta. There is rich or poor. Your uber masculine redneck even can't touch a rich guy, if he is not an angry bull lost his mind. Also, I can't get American guys, why they are so obsessed with masculinity. I'm Swede, in here it really doesn't matter so much. Because, we are more evolved.

• How would you characterize alpha?

• I can agree with that to an extent. Although I don't agree with traditional masculinity is in favor of females at all.

• Come on. Most of the feminists wait men to be their humble slaves who think they are masculine traditionally. Masculinity is an illusion. We are not living in caves still. A clever guy can be better provider than masculine man.
      I even read a study about that. In 3rd world countries women like more masculine, less symmetrical faces. But, in more developed countries of Northern Europe, women like more innocent looking symmetrical faces. By the time, traditional masculinity will be seen as brutality.

If you like masculinity, look at Neanderthals. An average Neanderthal woman had same muscularity with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Just think about their males. And, who lives now?

• In4 mad teeny tiny nerds aka 99% of this shit lmao

• they are "trying".
    but it can't be helped.
    when shit goes down, everyvody looks for a man's man.

• It's not masculinity that they're shaming.

• What do you believe they are shaming?

• Assertiveness isn't just one of many it is masculinity. It is Yang. Femininity is submissiveness. It is yin.

• One is unyielding the other is yielding.

• This should help end this discussion right now.

The answer is a resounding "yes." It's an obvious and calculated attack on the traditional family unit whereby the man/father is being replaced by the government.

Cast out the man, destroy the family, and proceed to control all women and children.

Feel free to watch the documentary "Grinding America Down" (2010) for a more detailed look at your topic.

• Real bad man doe care bout da media...