Gandalf VS. Dumbledore?

Gandalf VS. Dumbledore?

Most Helpful Girl

• Gandalf from the books Dumbledore from the movies. The movie version of gandalf was lame.

Most Helpful Guy

• In a fight?
    If so I have to go with Dumbledore. Gandalf, while I'm sure is very capable, doesn't have very many feats to gauge his strength off of. He's kind of an unknown entity. Dumbledore on the other hand has been shown to be a very powerful wizard, plus he has the elder wand.

• Gandalf isn't allowed to use his magic and he killed a balrog. Those things are supposed to be strong af

• Right, he was sent to advise. He had the power to do a lot more being a demi god. He just wasn't allowed too by the real gods who sent him.

(I've read a lot of the lore)

• @Joesyyyywhales so have I, I've read everything Tolkien wrote regarding middle earth. I'm a fan of both, but there's nothing in his writings that suggest he could deflect, block, or otherwise with stand Avada Kedavra.

What Girls Said 7

• Gandalf. Definitely

• I refuse to vote... (Cough* Gandalf)

• Gandalf is maiar... dumbledore has nothing on him.

• Dumbledore!

• Gandolf cuz dumbledore turns mean and weird if we're talking about movies

• Gandalf <3

• Gandalf.

What Guys Said 12

• How many Balrogs has Dumbledore defeated? I thought so.

Magneto is the clear winner here. I mean Gandalf.

• i would say gandolf because in the last 3 movies about Bilbo got the ring gandolf took out a few orcs and other creatures with just his sword and staff. no way dumble dore could do that. in fact he did that in the LOTR series as well just his sword and staff i never saw dumble dore use anything but his wand.

• Dumbledore had the most powerful wand in the world right? Gandalf only had a ring of flame of udun... Dumbledore is without doubt a more advanced wizard but Gandalf was more impressive...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH1zZ0Y_adw

• i think both of them were a huge let down. they are supposed to be the greatest magicans with unfathomable powers. but you never ever see them use that skill. they always do some gimmicky boring shit. both don´t live up to their hype. i mean gandalf apparently beat the balrog but we don´t even get to see it.

• Gandalf the Grey would beat Dumbledore.
    Gandalf the White would slaughter Dumbledore.
    This shouldn't even be a contest.

• i dont know anything about these two except that they were in harry potter movie, i never watched harry potter

• Dumbledore for sure. Gandalf's spells look meh to me xD

• 0|1
  • Gandalf curbstomps :p

• Gandalf

• Gandalf for sure, he was an immortal. Plus he wasn't allowed to use his full power.

• gandalf all the way.