Do women subconsciously fear men?

Do they? I know some women say that don't fear a man, but that can't b true, cause if the man was very angry and adrenaline filled and have every intention to hurt the woman would have no chance at all.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's seriously depressing if it's true.

I've had these times when I've been walking down a street or standing in an elevator near a girl and got sort of a cold vibe and started thinking "What if she thinks I'm a creep or a psycho or something?" and part of me feels sort of incensed like "what the fuck, I'm just standing here" and another part of me feels kind of gross and dirty like I really did perv on her even though I didn't move a muscle. Then when she leaves I wonder if it was to avoid me or if that was just her floor or her turn-off or whatever and I feel sort of lonely and regretful. And all the while absolutely nothing happened.

I've always wanted to believe it's a bunch mental diarrhea, the way you sometimes "catastrophize" things in your head. If it's actually true, that's profoundly awful.

And yes, I'm aware women are afraid for good reason (which is also incredibly depressing) and I'm not asking them to drop their guard just to make me feel special but it feels really to have that always hanging over your head, that women actually think you're evil just because you were born with a penis and I wonder if they understand that.

Most Helpful Girl

• It has two aspects:
    Sigmund Freud says men always inwardly fear women. According to mythologies, for centuries female deities have been controlling universe while gods, and later men, were there subordinate. It has genetically traveled down to us, so fear in men though they successfully hide it.
    Again, mythology tells that women were considered having power of giving a new body (birth) and death; also agricultural production and famine were attributed to women's secret power, hence fear of men.
    In order to overcome their weakness and fear, men often use physical power against women, and for centuries, even today, economic power in hands of men has been a forceful weapon to keep woman their subordinate. So women now fear men.

What Guys Said 6

• I think some women fear men, and some men fear women, or they fear their own gender, but in general? I don't think so

Hmm maybe cause of the raping and the kidnapping and stuff?

• Margaret Atwood once said that men and women fear eachother for different reasons: men are afraid women will laugh at them and women are afraid men will kill them. How true is that?

• from 'laugh at them' to 'will kill them'
      sorry I wasn't ready for that xD

• Yeaaaaaaaa well its her qoute

• They should fear a man. A man that isn't feared a little is no man at all in my eyes

• Given the right time and setting yes

• I hope women would not fear us. i hope they don't fear me

• usually when a guy is angry he will naturally loosen up by the sight of a girl because of how delicate and beautiful they are, and especially if she's sweet and compassionate. thats how it is for me. the guys who hit girls out of anger from something are total wusses, cowards and losers.

• Why are women are afraid of men tho? And not the other way around?

• @Djaaaaaay wait? what?

• What's up?

• i think they do from birth..

my friend has a 1.5 year old baby girl, ANY female can hold her, when i say any, i mean any even if she hasn't ever seen them..

the minute i try to hold her or any other guy, she screams bloody murder

What Girls Said 12

• I consciously fear everyone 😂 I am weak as hell. If a man wanted to hurt me, he very likely could do so - and a woman could very easily hurt me too -, so yeah, I technichally fear men but then I'd also have to say I fear women too.

• I don't think it's subconscious, my parents pretty much taught me this.

• I don't agree with this mindset but sometimes I do feel uneasy if I'm surrounded by very large men, especially because I'm a small person

• What did they teach you exactly?

• men are predators/abusers/rapists/violent and that I should be careful around them. Like I said, I don't agree with that teaching tho.

• Nah, I don't fear men.
    I can protect myself, thank you.

• That's what you say

• Actually I'm a girl, but I'm just not ignorant and adamant

• And you don't know my strengths and weaknesses. >.>

• I'd think I'd only fear men if they weren't in the right state of mind and use "those thoughts" to do harm.

• I guess so... angry men especially!

• Lol some do. I'm afriad of women if anything. Get that drama awaaayyy from me lol

• Nope

• You sure?

• It's easy to say all of that, but I've been attacked by a man or men (father and brother) and I used all I had my teeth, my fists, my legs and no amount of fighting could take them down.

• Its not easy but it's possible I know

• Only time I've been filled with adrenaline over someone's anger is my crazy aunt pulling a knife out in an argument.

• That's why you should never pick a fight with a guy. If you were a 200lbs man, you wouldn't walk up to a 900lbs grizzly bear and start a fight, would you?

• Yes creepy guys

• No... only if he's scary or creepy maybe.

• Nope.

• Lies

• Cause you don't know what you're saying. If you were to be attacked by a man or several men you'd be scared shitless.

• And you think you know me why?