Am I the only one dreading high school?

I have one more year of high school left and I am dreading it in the place I am living. I am a very private person and therefore only choose have a couple of close friends. However I feel like they do not really understand me and bring me down. I have been to a couple of parties and drank and the next day I always feel horrible (firstly because I am hungover and tired and feel unhealthy ahah but also because i could have used this time to study and follow my goals which I keep on dropping because of this). Going to parties and being like that is not really like me and I only did it so that I would get some recognition and wanting to be 'cool'. I always compare myself to other girls in terms of looks which also is not the best thing. I have also realised that a lot of girls suck up to each other especially on social media and there is just so much drama and fakery and everything and I hate that and feel like I just do not fit in (i am not trying to be mean). Also a lot kind of promote being 'badass' and hooking up with a lot of guys which makes you 'hotter' (im sorry i am not trying to be mean) This last year I really want to stop this and keep to myself so that I can achieve what I want to. I just do not know how to because I have this constant unhappiness in me, maybe because i am not surrounded by the right people and I just want to get out of here. Is anyone in the same situation and knows how I can just stay confident in myself and stick to my goals.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I understand how you feel. You want to achieve something in your life, you have a personal goal for yourself. The people around you however don't share that same vision/drive. That's okay, everyone has different goals and interests in life. And sometimes what your friends want to do may not be exactly what you want to do and that's okay too. You need to live your own life the way you want to live it. One of the biggest regrets people have on their deathbed is not living a life that was true to themselves. This unhappiness is not uncommon either. Happiness comes and goes and when you feel so separated from the people around you that feeling can amplify.

I can relate. I'm starting my last year in high school in August and I have a few goals myself. There's a lot you can do to stay confident and work on your goals.
    1. You can work on caring less about what others think of you.
    2. Stop neurotic behaviour/Thought patterns by accepting yourself as you are. "I'm imperfect and I'm perfectly fine with that" is a good thing to remind yourself of.
    3. When there's a conflict of interest, ask yourself which of the options you have will help you achieve your goals.
    4. Remember that most of the people in high school will disappear from your life forever.
    5. Join an online forum with the same interests as you. Alternatively, surround yourself with likeminded people. You'll realize that you're not alone, there's gonna be more people with similar goals to you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Not really. I hated high school