Do fathers have a right to be at their child's birth and in the delivery room?

Most Helpful Girl

• Unless they've been proven to be a danger to the child, then yes, they have the right.

• even by law

• @TakeMaker I've noticed the recent spam of this too. I think the most recent one was something about why is it considered the mother's special day when it's the father's too.

• That's the one, and asker I don't want you to send photos of vaginas to me... it's not my bag baby...

What Guys Said 20

• I do not think that in any advanced country that gives women equal rights there is any legal right by the father to be in the delivery room. The woman's health, and the baby's depends on her ease of delivery, and if she is upset with a guy being in there that would jeopardize both. Doesn't matter what her reason is, that moment is one where her wishes on who is there are more important than any other things. And the laws on privacy in medical matters allows her to refuse to have him in there.

And I can think of many reasons why she would not want the father in there. So I would never support overriding her decision.

• but why should he miss out on the birth if we expect him to have equal responsibility surely he should have equal rights but if you say that he does not have the same rights as the mother why should he have the same responsibility makes not sense really

• Forcing someone to pay that which he owes is not slavery. And I am done discussing this with you. You are going in curcles with nonsense, so I will leave you to do it with yourself.

• so you run off like a child when proven wrong as yes it is slavery as the very definition slavery is a a condition of having to work very hard without proper remuneration or appreciation so making men pay without giving them the same right is slavery and the no more owes the child his money than any any related person and if you disagree you must hate men and love to turn them into slaves

• I think they should definitely have the right to see the baby, but not necessarily be in the delivery room because that's kinda intimate especially if the parents aren't in good terms.

• but don't you think the birth is intimate as you say to the father too as it is his kid too

• Well she is if the father gets custody and she is forced to pay child support. I agree that the father should get to see the child but honestly why would the father need to be there when all he could see is her pussy.

• but as it stands the mother does not even need to tell the father the baby has been born so when the courts ask how has looked after the baby it will always be the mother so she will always get the baby and the mother does not have to give you any say in anything or let you know anything so do you find that fair and so you know you can be in the delivery room without seeing anything you know

• No, not at all. If the woman giving birth doesn't want the father present, for whatever reason, then he isn't allowed in. And that's the way it should be.

Until the baby comes out of her vagina, the father is utterly irrelevant when it comes to any baby-related decisions.

• oh so the fact the baby is his too does not matter or the fact he is stuck paying for that kid for 18 years but he still does not get to be at the birth but we expect men to have equal responsibility but not equal rights really fair not

• Okay... that's great. I feel like you're secretly a butthurt dude who's ex didn't want him in the room while she was in labour.

• but i am not do you want a pic of my vagina for proof as i will be happy to provide

• Nope, because men can't be trusted to take this honorably. Too many rapists, abusive men and liars would take advantage of that "right".

• that is why i said she should have to prove it unsafe before she can ban him

• difficult and expensive for medical science to prove it. It would also mean she'd have to be forced to prove he's the father. not cool!

• not really as she just has to prove he is a danger

• Unless they are a danger, I would say that they should be able to witness the birth at the very least.

• I cut the cord of those 2 in my picture !! My son is 13 tomorrow , my daughter 10 on the 11th , yet it seems like yesterday when I was in the delivery room !! A REAL father needs to experience this , I now parent alone as well as work FT.

• but what if your girlfriend or wife said no do you think you should still have the right to be in there

• I suppose , if I was in that situation , then I would respect her wishes , but that should only happen to an irresponsible , " deadbeat dad " that had no intention of playing any part in their lives.

• but women do it out of anger too

• Yes, they do. I also think that she should have DNA tests. 33% of men are not the fathers of their child.

• I believe so yeah

• but by law a mother can ban the father for not other reason that she is angry and they are not together anymore which is wrong on so many levels

• heartbreaking

• i agree but women think they should have that right

• I think its for the mothers comfort. Isn't having babies, really dangerous? Wouldn't stress of having a baby daddy she doesn't like in the room be bad? And what if he's not even the baby daddy?

• that is why i think they should have to prove he is a danger first before they can ban him

• thanks but i am not a man lol

• yes they do

• My ex wife would have castrated me if I was not

• but do you think it should be a law that they have the right

• the only jurisdiction in this example is the wishes of the woman

• but why as if men are meant to be equal in responsibility they should be equal in rights

• yes they do clearly have the right

• i mean by law even if the mother says no

• but it is the birth of his child and some men do not want to miss that and have to as they were banned by an ex or angry wife or girlfriend it is sad

• hmm, it is very sad

• Very good question

• Yes they do.

• yeah i think so.

• Hell, yes. That's his baby also.

• Why wouldn't the father be there for their kid and wife?

• i do not know maybe the wife said i do not want you in the room then by law he will not be allowed do you think that is fair

• Yeah that is excluding a man from his child's life. If he's not there in the beginning to see his kid come into the world, why is he ever going to be there for the kid? That's the pinnacle moment that floors a man and makes him commit to doing everything in the world for that little one... Keeping him out of the deliver room is an action that is excluding a man from his child which will hurt the child in the long run... You're disconnecting the man emotionally from his child. Basically any woman that does that is a child absurder in my opinion. Long run the child will suffer...

• i agree but i will say i do get banning the father if he was abusive or something but i agree with you

• Yes.

• The father should always be allowed in there, unless she has a restraining order.

• i agree but most girls think it should be up to them no matter what and they agree with the law that is unfair

• Yes, even if the mother says no

What Girls Said 21

• Only if he won't be of any harm to the baby or the mother. He certainly do not have the right if he was lets say a rapist father (and the child was born due to his rape).

The thing with childbirth is that pregnant women want and don't want all kinds of crazy things, sometimes it can be hard for them to focus and stay calm if he is there or if he isn't there.
    I don't necessarily think there should be any kind of law on it though.

• but i think she should have to prove he was a danger first before she can ban him

• I definitely believe the mother should let him know he's in labour, Im not too sure if there should be a law on it though. There are a lot of not so nice people in this world and some might take advantage of that law. These issues are really difficult to solve because relationships can be very complicated and people can be even more complicated. While something might sound like a good idea, it isn't always such a good idea. There will always be people on the bad end of the stick, you just have to pick which one is the safest option overall.

• i agree and look i am not trying to be mean or anything so sorry if i sound like a am not listening but i really do think it should be more far and i agree that people may use it for not very good reason but i think it should be a law as long as she can prove letting him know his baby is being born is a bad thing but i am open to ideas if you have any other way it could be fair i would be happy to hear them

• obviously

• even if the mother does not want them there

• I don't think it is by law but it should be.

• i agree but most women think the child is only theirs until the baby is born but really it takes two so the two people that made the baby should have the right by law to be in that room

• He should be there, but if he's potentially harmful to the child or would cause a panic attack or stress out the mother then no, as it would make complications during the delivery. There should be some sort of one sided glass or whatever that he can view or see the birth from, just not in the room if that's the case

• Of course. At the hospital and if it's ok with the mother, then in the delivery too.

• i mean by law i think the mother should prove it is harmful before she can ban him

• I get it. you're just a fucktard. We're done here.

• do you just act like a child every time someone says something you do not like or are you just a bitch as the way i see it you just do not like being wrong or you just hate men so much that you think they should not even get any rights but to pay but you seem to forget that it take to to make a baby and too to raise it and pay for it so saying the father cannot be at the birth is basically saying he is not a father unless you say he is but then make him pay and have the same responsibilities as a parent but not the same rights which is wrong you man hater

• The main priority is the mother who is going through a dangerous and painful experience. It isn't a right per se, but most women want the father present and some don't. You can't make it a "right". If you brought in a man who causes a woman anxiety and stress, it could be very dangerous for the child and mothers health- where's the good in that?

• that is why i think the mother should prove it would be harmful before she can ban him

• It's lovely to say they "should" make a woman have a man she loathes in an operation (c-section) and all. But it won't happen ☺️

• but why it all i am asking why should the mother get to ban the father without first proving him to be a danger seems grossly unfair to men and very unequal if then we expect men to be there for the baby afterwards

• I think they should. If the woman doesn't want the father in there... if he is that bad of a person. She shouldn't have had a baby by a no shit dude.

• i think she should have to prove it is unsafe for him to be banned or he should be in the room by law

• Why would anyone have a baby with someone that they thought was unsafe?

• i agree

• Yes.

• Yes, that child is half of him.

• but most women think that the father has no right to be in the room unless they say he can be giving women the right to ban all father out of anger which is why i think they should need to prove he is a danger to ban him

• No problem and I agree

• thank you and i do not get all this women on here saying me have should have no rights i am pretty sure with out men no baby would ever be born as it takes to to make a baby but most women are so blinded by angry and hate they forget that

• Absolutely! I don't know any who haven't (except those who were out on a military deployment).

• so say the mother does not want them there do you think they still have the right to be in the room

• I completely agree with you there!

• i know and i am a women so i do not see why more women have the same mindset as it we want men to want and love there kids plus support us through pregnancy and support their kids we need to give them equal rights unless proved unsafe

• Of course they do.
    I'd find it sad if a father didn't wanna be there.

• but the mother can ban him for no reason by law which i find unfair

• Yes, why wouldn't they be? They're the child's parent too. They have every right to be there.

• i mean by law do they have the right to be in the room even if the mother says no

• Yes they should. It's the fathers child too. I don't think the mother should have the right to say no that. If he wants to see the birth of his child, he should be allowed. It's wrong to prevent him from witnessing one of the most important moments of his life. Even if it's an ex, both parents have to learn to put their feelings aside for the child.

• well when why does the law not say that then

• Yeah, I thought wives actually find that comforting.

• Yes, if they want to see it

• do you think they should still have that right say if it was the mothers ex and she did not want them in the room

• ex or not, it's his son still

• @Thisperson98 i agree to a point say he is a nice guy not someone who is abusive

• of course they do. they helped make the child didn't they?

• Uh yeah

• but do you think it should be law

• Yes of course

• Whoever agrees that the asker of this question is really a guy pretending to be a girl, please upvote!

• lol funny i would be happy to give proof i am a girl but i can see you like men to have no rights then are you a man hater by any chance or is it no man wants you due to your mindset

• Look who's talking. You're the one butthurt about not being let into your own kid's delivery room because obviously you're such a jerk and a disrespectful person and ungentlemanly and selfish enough to be inconsiderate of the privacy of your child's mother.

• erm i am a women so no i am not a jerk and if you are so man hating you cannot see with the way the law is set up men have a very strong case to get rid of child support then you are dumb as if the father does not have the same right then they do not have the same responsibilities and if you say they do not have the interest to the baby the mother has the they certainly do not have the same right so you can kiss child support goodbye as the whole basics of support is the the baby is half the fathers but if you do not give him same right to the baby then it is not half his so that basics is gone

• YESSS!! because it's the child's father. And besides, there's nothing more important than family.

• but the law says the mother can ban the father for any reason which is unfair

• If they've made effort during the pregnancy then yes of course!!

• but most women do not let them because they are not together so that is why i think they should prove it is unsafe before they can ban him

• Yes they do.

• Yes.