How to stop a stalker?

Suggestions on how to stop a stalker?

So here's the thing, my partner, his ex girlfriend is starting to stalk him again. And I don't know what to do.

I've only had two stalkers before, and they would go away if I ignored them. However that's not working with her. Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Kidnap her grandmother dog and tell her to fuck off or she'll never see the dog again.

Most Helpful Girl

• Threaten to call the police, if she doesn't stop at that then get all kinds of evidence you can against her that proves she is a stalker and take it to the police and get a restraining order.

My best friend had a stalker, but he made death threats and saying he'd use his gun to kill her close guy friends. He ended up jailed because of the amount of evidence she had against him.

• Wow. Thats an extreme example and thank you for sharing.
      I didn't know that was even possible.

What Guys Said 16

• What can you threaten her with? Telling her friends and family?

I' been guilty of stalking in the go-away-if-asked mode. All they had to do was tell me they didn't want my attention.

• i have done some quick searches and all of them suggest to collect evidence and then going to the police with it in hopes to get a restraining order, i hope this helps.

• How about bringing Mace or a taser? And I wish that I had even an ex-girlfriend to stalk me, I never get anyone, so I'd be willing to take her off his hands.

• Like texting now and again or literally calling 24/7 and following them around in their car and or hiding in the bushes? For the first option block them and or change your number. Second option get a restraining order from the police

• Ahhhhhhhhhhh Slap a bitch

• This jealous woman is trolling you because she craves attention. So don't give it to her. Don't engage. Ignore her. Like a dumpster fire, eventually she'll burn herself out.

• Get her a boyfriend.

• Yeah girls stalk a long time (years)... What is she doing?

• Yes.. how did you know? Have ypu experienced it beforw?
      Well she is stalking him at his house. Sending him letters and stuff like that.

• Yeah I've had some girls stalk me... I mainly just ignored them. If someone is sending you letter you can go to your post office and tell them the situation and have them return to sender all mail from that person... If the letters are threatening it would be easy to get a restraining order. If they break the order by the judge then the judge can hold them in contempt of court whenever they break the order and fine them, order them to community service, or send them to jail...

• Ok thanks hun

• File a restraining order. Really easy if you were serious about this "stalker". From my experience every person who has complained about a stalker to someone other than the police first isn't really serious.
    I'm pretty sure you or your partner like the attention.

• Omg we do!! How did you know?
      We're attention whores to be exact *sarcasm

• Isn't this why GAG exist? To ask any questions we feel like? When we don't want to approach someone about the situation in person?

If you think I'm an attention whore, than why comment on my question? I know you're entitled to an opinion and I respect your suggestions that you posted. However I do not appreciate you coming here and judging me, saying I like attention. I just asked a simple question so that I can get helpful suggestions from people who had similar experiences.

• if somebody is breaking into my house I don't go on GAG. I also don't go to the fire department's website if my house is burning down. I do something about it.

• Can't you like block her?

• When you get the answer will you let me know thanks

• is it like internet stalking?

or do they show up at your house/work?

• You've come to the right place to ask. Gag is full of stalkers.

• Depends on how she is stalking.
    In hard cases telling the police would be an option depending on the country you live in.
    Talk about it with your/her friends. Since most don't want to be friends with a stalker this might have some effects.

• Get a court order on them

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• Report her to the police and get a restraining order.

• report her to the police and her friends and family

• Restraining order.

• If you have/can get evidence of her stalking then go to the cops to get a restraining order...