Are you a patriot? Can you die for your country?

Where are you from and are you a patriot? Can you fight for your country if soldiers from another country had come to your country for a war or would you escape if you got the chance?

• Yes, I can do anything for my country, I would fight even if I knew I would die
  • No, I would leave the country and escape if I got the chance

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm English. I really couldn't give a shit about patriotism, I'm not patriotic. My country isn't the worst but it's certainly not the best and I am not going to put my life on the line for it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I totally agree with @genericname85. I couldn't care less about patriotism. I love my country but I don't have any weird American-style pride about it. Also, while I like my country a lot, I will never love it as much as my family and friends. There's not even any competition. The land is easily replaceable and the social institutions I cherish can be found or built somewhere else too. I'm not going to fight in some stupid war just because a bunch of politicians can't find an agreement. That's really dumb. I'd rather escape with my loved ones and find another place on earth to live a happy life. I really don't get this whole "I'll die for my country" kind of attitude. Especially in America where people use this as a bullshit excuse to invade other countries and kill hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians.

• i guess this attitude comes from those stupid movies, where is always the "clearly evil one" that has to be fought xD in real life, there´s no such thing.

• @genericname85 They're just plain idiots and extremists. I mean, we have some idiots here in Europe too (for example the Neonazis). But most of the people in the middle east have lost some of their loved ones to the constant US and Nato interventions and yet, they've stayed peaceful. In fact, many of them have first lost friends and family members at the hands of America and now, they're losing more friends and family members at the hands of ISIS. It's really sad when you think about it...

• americans somehow seem to believe, that agression is the only way to fight aggression.

What Girls Said 7

• I wouldn't flee but I'm against patriotism and nationalism in general. Like strongly against it and fuck the flags.

• I am completely at odds with the direction the US is taken. I'm not sure I even believe in it anymore, and it only gets worse. If I believed the US had my family's interest at heart, absolutely. I no longer believe we are being led by people who care about the citizenry.

• Coming from a long line of military and especially Marines yes I'd fight for my country, my child's country and I'd go down fighting too! Lol I'd be weak if I didn't and I'm not weak. My mom is a former Marine, if she can do it I know I can too.

• Yes and yes. My job even requires it every day! Go USA 🇺🇸

• What's your job? Do americans really love their country in general?

• OP, I can't really say but here are some memes that have been made to show what our attitude is like for the good ole US of A...🇺🇸

heavy.com/.../

• Well, I can't relate to the country where I was born. So, I can't say I'm a patriot. Sometimes I feel like I have no country.
    Therefore, I wouldn't die for it. I would leave if I got the chance.

• Fuck the country

• I have 2 nationalities. No, I would not die solely for the sake of my country. I would only die protecting my country if I had children, for their future's sake.

So, same result for completely different reasons.

What Guys Said 16

• It would be an honour Sir, god for Harry, for England and St George!

This would of course be due to an invasion. I'm not one to go over to someone else's land and shoot the locals looking for weapons of mass deception

• Option C - I would fight and possibly die if I believed in the cause my country was fighting for

• such as? what kind of causes would you die for

• Humanitarian - If human rights were being abused in my country or abroad.

• I am a patriot. I would fight for my country and its interests. I would also fight for our allies and our common interests. The aim of the game however is not to die but to live to fight another day.

• I'd die for my country but I hate my government and I don't like most of the people here lol , paradox I know

• haha yeah, for whatever reason, I'm the same as you, maybe we are from the same country haha

• I am from Egypt lol

• Yup I would die for my country if I had to.

• Do americans really love their country in general?

• A lot of them do yeah but I mean I was brought up in a big military family so I was raised with that same kind of love and patriotism for god and country as a lot of soldiers have.

But you you don't win by dying you win by making the other poor bastard die for his country.

• I'd never die for a country. There are enough other places to live.

• In germany, didn't they teach you patriotism? Don't germans love their country?

• O well we don't have a problem with raising or lowering taxes in general as long as they benefit us and the country.

Also well our 20% tax and your 50% tax two different ways of doing things, two different setups.

• @Phoenix98 yes i know. that 30% more are basically for our rent, our health ensurance and welfare system, i guess. but still wouldn´t see your point of view as the "typical american" one. most disagree with raxes. at least that´s what i hear.

• I don't really give a shit about my country, I care about my family, i'd be willing to become a traitor to save my family. I used to live outside of Canada so I learn to adjust and I really didn't miss it much

• I served in the United States Army.

• it's not worth fighting for. i mean, if some other country doesn't take over or bomb us, we'll just continue to destroy ourselves from within.

• I would fight for my country

• no, i am an individualist which is in opposition to nationalism and globalism.

• Lol @ the poll results. 😂😂
    2 guys fighting and 2 girls fleeing.

• i'd fight only to defend myself & those i care for

• No because I don't like what the UK has become over the last three decades.

• Not with the direction Obama and the liberals are taking the country. I am out. Let the gays, atheists and feminsts fight the brutal wars required to stay free. I will just watch.

• You win by making the other poor bastard die for his country.

• that's how history is written