I burned the entire outside of my hand on my coffee four hours ago and it still hurts?

I burned the entire outside of my hand the only fingers that were damaged the most were my middle and ring finger. I burned it four-five hours ago to be exact and my middle and ring fingers won't stop stinging. I have put aloe Vera and honey on it both at separate times. But it just made it worse. My parents won't bring me to a doctor unless I am dying. How can I fix this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wonder, are they even your parents? Sorry for being harsh.

Anyway, just give it some time. Dip your hand in ice water. It should get better! :)

• They're just a bit on the cheap side. I was 12 when I shattered my foot. It took an hour of convincing my mom to even look at my foot. And then when she saw it and she freaked out and brought me to the ER

• That's too bad, I think they're being a bit insensitive.

Ayway, I hope your pain and burning eases soon! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Keep it dipped in cold water or make an ice wrap to put around it. Don't put something frozen directly on it though.
    Wrap ice or an ice pack in paper towels or a hand cloth. And if you're lazy like me tape it on there.
    I burned my hand once and the only way I could get to sleep was to tape an ice pack around it.
    It felt 100 times better the next day.

What Guys Said 11

• Well yeah you severely burned your hand lol of course it's going to keep hurting, put that thing under cool water and keep it there.

• Aloe Vera but you've tried that..
    Pain will remain today but take rest and don't use your hand...
    Tommorow the pain will be fine

• Go to a pharmacy and buy a bottle of ST 37 if they still make it. I had a horrible sunburn and it stopped the burning.

• Is it blistering,
    That would mean you have a second degree burn which is what it sounds like.
    Its probably just going to hurt for a day or two

• Wtf is up with these parents and doctors

• My parents won't bring me to a doctor unless I am dying. It stopped hurting but there is going to be a nasty mark.

• Cold water for ages after a bad burn is what you need. If it still canes I'd get a bowl of ice water and keep my hand in it, when it feels a bit better apply something for burns, acriflex, savalon, aloe, vitamin e cream etc.

• Go to a pharmacy and get some cream from them. That is like a 2% body burn if its more than just on the surface you may need medical attention

• Keep cool water over it, it will soothe the burn. Aloe may help too

• Run them under cold water and treat the burns with Unguentine and bandages!

• cold water and then put a bag of crushed ice or similar on it. Depending on the burning degree a doctor/ER would be highly advisable. That's why I am happy to live in a country where medical support is free.

• Just run it under cool water. Don't put anything on it yet. That'll hold the heat in. Also go to the hospital.

• My parents aren't going to get a doctor unless I am dying. My dad thought I was being a drama queen because I have been icing it for the last four-five hours

• Okay, well just keep it under cool (not cold) water.

What Girls Said 7

• It's normal for minor burns to hurt for a long time. Wash all the garbage off, put some neosporin or whatever on it, cover it, and leave it alone.

• There is no other way of fixing this without a doctor. What your parents is doing is neglect. If you have your insurance card, you need to go yourself. This is too much. All that shock from the burn is going to cause a problem.

• neosporin ointment.

• have you tried mustard?

• I don't think we have mustard right now but it might make it worse.

• I have already taken two ibuprofen same its still swollen.

• Mustard on burns is a classic restaurant cure when the first aid kit doesn't have burn cream. I dropped hot coffee on my foot that just had a sock on. I covered my foot in mustard and it worked really well.

• I heard u should keep in cold water because it continues burning after

• Silvadene yo. Or toothpaste

• But alcohol on it (it'll burn like a bitch, but you should), wrap it in cotton or something similar and bandage it up for a little while. It should be fine.