Guys, do you believe it when girls say they wear makeup jewelry and dress up for themselves and not for guys?

Or do you think they just won't admit that that is at least part of why they wear all that?

• For the most part I believe it when girls say that
    25% (13)
  • For the most part I don't believe when girls say that
    66% (35)
  • In depends (explain)
    9% (5)
  • See results for girls
    0% (0)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Thanks for A2A!

Ok so, just read this take and women's opinions.
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a29815-i-really-feel-bad-for-men-because-women-are-so-fake
    She was just talking about how women fake a lot of things, but see? Almost every second women criticised "men" for it that we love and prefer those fake things and our preferences are shallow. They won't admit it face to face or in any sort of direct conversation but indirectly, they will spill all the beans lol.

I don't blame them. It's in human nature. They are afraid that if they tell us that they do it for us, men, then they may come off as too desperate. If they really put loads of chemicals on their face, wear uncomfortable push-up bra and unhealthy high heels just for themselves, it is foolishness. It's obvious that they only do makeup when they go outside or if they know they are going to be seen by other people. It's not mandatory that all of them do it for men, but it's certainly true that they don't do it just for themselves. They might be doing it to look better than other women. Women compare a lot. It's in their nature.

I live with my mom and know other "mature" "married" women personally and they don't give a shit about makeup because they are already committed. My mom always tells me that it's a pain and bad for skin to do makeup. But if she was a single teen, she'd not admit that. I think such things are told by teens, insecure singles and feminists only. It must be a simple thing that they do it to attract others. Why feel guilty about it? Telling us that they do it only for themselves doesn't make sense. It is same as saying "Even tho tomorrow is my exam, I didn't give my books to that beautiful classmate, to attract her. I did it for myself because I'm a nice guy". I mean, yeah! You are doing it for yourself. For your own mean intentions. Ultimately, the reward is just for you. You're just moulding the phrase.

What Guys Said 24

• I do not, except for some girls. There's a reaso single girls go out all dolled up, while those in relationships don't put as much effort. And there's a reason why when those single girls get a boyfriend, they suddenly stop dressing as good as before.

• It's bullshit. They actually believe it but they just don't push their reasoning far enough. Why would women say they dress up for themselves when what they put on is not even comfortable to them?
    Oh these high heels? I wear them for myself because I think they look pretty. I don't care if they make me suffer all day. If I was the only human left on earth, I would still wear them... Bullshit!

• It definitely can be true, because many women compare themselves to eachother and want to outshine their female peers on any given occasion.

This behavior is fairly easy to spot, and I'm typically not all that impressed with the excessive fashion statements. She doesn't buy designer apparel so guys can ask "is that genuine Gucci? Is that a Michael Kors bag?" No, it's so her female friends and family can admire her. I don't care who designed her dress, and I'm sure many guys don't.

• Not really. They usually only get dressed up when they are going out and going to be seen by OTHER PEOPLE. They don't typically get all dolled up when they are staying in for the night.

• Well wanting to look nice for ourselves is true, but part of why it feels nice for us is to be perceived by others as attractive and mentally aware (not homeless or crazy/scary looking). So most of us want to be seen as attractive, but not necessarily to attract someone. It can even be nice to be seen as attractive by someone we aren't interested in to reinforce how people we are interested in may feel. Of course sometimes girls dress ways to get direct attention too.

• Girls are basically in competition with each other. True some bling is to get comments from guys but most of it is to feel confident in front of other girls.

• They do genuinely enjoy just looking good. But who decides what is attractive? Generally us, right?

Most insecurities and desire to look appealing, is based on the opinion of the opposite sex.

• I believe it. A woman's self worth isn't dependent on men.

• I believe it mostly, nothin wrong with dressing to impress for one's self confidence and feeling good.

• That's nonsense. Don't listen to what women say, just watch them. Their actions tell you all you need to know.

• I believe it

• i have no idea why they do that and i dont care either why they do that.

• Yes, I believe them unless their actions prove otherwise. It's usually a mix of both

• Girls always dress up for guys in certain occasions I've always noticed it

• Yeah coz sometimes I dress up for me too!! lol

• They do it to look good for guys.

• Ugh yes and no

• Absolute bs. They are doing it for the exact same reason as us; wanting to be approached by the good looking people; and for us straight males that sadly almost never happens because feminists want to have their own cake and eat it too

• for the most part, i do not

• It really all just depends. Some do, some don't

• There are way too many guys who listen to what girls say, nod, and then turn away going "they're lying".

Girls apparently do the same when guys tell them things on this website.

So I can see why the website is needed. But I can't see how it'll change anything, considering the amount of distrust y'all have to overcome.

• They do it for themselves most of the time while subconsciously trying to attract guys

• www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a25724-women-do-pay-for-dates

Seeing as how so many women even on this site keep saying that they are paying on dates by putting on make up for the guy no I don't believe they say they are doing it for themselves. It's a contradiction that cannot co-exist. And plenty of the people who are saying the former are the very same people who are saying the latter.

• We all dress to impress. So any 99% of those girls are lying.