How come Ron Paul did so bad 4 years ago in the republican primary relative to trump this tiem around, if they are both outsiders?

they are calling 2016 the year of the outsider, which they attribute a lot of it to Trump winning. but even 2012 is not that long ago and ron paul was a real outsider unlike trump he was taking on the military industrial complex and had a more clear foreign policy, as well as a clear antiwar on drugs and pro liberty message? I know that some of trumps appeal comes from not being politically correct, being tough on immigration and of course he received a lot more media coverage than ron paul , who was partly ignored by the media, but still Ron Paul did not even win a state last time around. He filed to "dilute" the status quo or establishment vote. Trump on the other hand crushed the 17 other candidates, He even claimed they rigged the system in some places like Colorado, But Trump won massively everywhere from the deep south to the northeast to the midwest. Just everywhere

0|0
2|6

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Ron Paul didn't run on a platform of presumed racism, which Trump is winkingly doing all the time.

2. Despite libertarian policies, Ron Paul is a staunch and public Baptist and the GOP has an untapped block of people ranging from rough living to casually religious who fall socially outside of some of his statements. The Republican Party seems ready to step outside of fundamentalism.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Because Ron Paul didn't have the showmanship that Trump has. Trump impresses people with his rebuttals, fiery statements, and overall control of debates and press conferences. America loves a winner and Donald Trump goes out there and presents himself with bravado every time he speaks.

I was an original Ron Paul fan, I still am, my first choice for Republican nominee would be Rand Paul since his father didn't seek the nomination again. But honestly, the Paul's are too smart for their own good. They would make good leaders but they lull people with their facts, rhetoric, etc. Ron Paul is also a Libertarian while Trump is a Traditional Nationalist Conservative. Different things. Many Americans don't support some ideologies present within the Libertarian movement such as open borders and legalization of drugs.

Politics is not so cut and dry.

0|2
    0|2

What Girls Said 1

• Ron Paul is actually even more insane than Trump. He wanted to sell off all national parks so industry can develop them, and he owns a home-schooling program that is crazy religious. It's hard to say who would be worse, him or Trump.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

I liked his scial and forgein policies, I mean he was courageous t defend freedom and defend legalizing drugs gambling prostitution, He wanted to actually cut the overblown military budget, but some of the hardcore extreme fiscal policies made no sense to me like giving huge tax cuts to billionaires, even more than TRUmp. ignoring climate change etc

• 3mo

yeah he had a few good ideas, and a lot of insane ones, but he was just *too* insane

What Guys Said 5

• I think the anger people feel with the establishment has allowed for trump to happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • Donald trump offers a solution to problems our country faces that is based on frustration with the loss of a voice in government. A fear of a rising minority population and political influence.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pfft... cos trump is the man who calls it like he sees it.

0|1
    0|1
  • he was never president

0|0
    0|0
  • because trump appealed to the nut job, retards with xenophobia, islamaphobia, borderline racism, nonsense patriot appeals, and false promises of bringing back factory jobs from china and mexico. All things dumb trailer trash feel strongly about.

The republican party is loaded with morons. As evidence, the only demographic he leads in is white males WITHOUT a college education. aka retards.

0|1
    0|2
    • 3mo

Wow! You are such a tolerant Liberal. It must be getting stuffy in your safe space for you to be throwing such a temper tantrum?

• Show All
    • 3mo

Ah ha! So you just admitted islam is the problem! You fn goof

• 3mo

Mean girls is your wife's kid's favorite movie