Do you believe you are or will be a better parent than your own?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hard to tell. I believe that I will be a great parent and I have been told that I will make an awesome dad (even by my own parents) but the thing is that my parents were pretty awesome themselves, so it's hard to top them ;-). I think I might be better at one or two things... there is something where I would be a little more strict about and something where I would be a little more relaxed about but overall, I think I'll probably be on par with my own parents ;-). I really hope I can live up to everyone's expectations, including my own expectations towards myself ;-).

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, I don't. I don't think I'll be able to have kids. Kids annoy the piss out of me. I'd almost rather just date someone with their own teenager.

What Guys Said 16

• Tall mountain to climb but I'm going to try to be better because my kids are awesome and deserve it. But I had wonderful parents.

• Mine abused shit out of me I left and ended up in orphanage in china got adopted out and turn out I have major abandon issues... And now I have two kids and I wan to run away cause it what I do. True love only exist a little bit Zzz

• been in America since 99 and still go back and know exactly where they are... I left them when I was 6

• Well my Father abandoned me when I was three and then was forced to see me occasionally by my Grandmother who used to be obsessed with playing "happy family's", so as long as I don't abandon my own children, I'll be better than him.

My Mother whilst did amazing well to provide me as a single Mother was an abusive horrible woman who never supported me and never gave me the love that a Mother should and I hold her partially responsible for my development, though I accept the lion share of the blame for that.

So I am not abusive verbally and I don't believe in smacking children, so I will no doubt make a much better parent than either of my parents who have by in large failed me.

• Both my parents died before my 17th birthday but I was in awe of both.

i was a father at 19, and have three kids. I did my best but you never think you did well enough with it ongoing.

• Wait why did you have kids at 19? . sorry about your mom and dad

• In my Age and upbringing it was but for you set up your career, find a guy, fall in love, then think about it

i tell both my daughters the same.

• Um that was kinda the plan after college I'm hoping to be a vet and live in Missouri. I have no interest in being pregnant before that

• I think my parents did a good job. I'm sure I do things with a different flavor than my dad, but he did alright most of the time.

• i'll not have any kid but if i menage to find a decent woman yes, i'll give my children what i didn't have when i was a kid

• I'm too tentative to be a parent.

• yeah, it would not be that difficult to do.

• too hard to say... lol

• Won't be too difficult!

• own wot?

• Well if you learn from their mistakes why not?

• Definitely less authoritative.

• My dad cheated on my mom so, it will be hard to do anything worse.

• If i had kids now then no.
    I would struggle i don't feel i have the stability or the time and wouldn't do nearly as well. If i had them in 10-20 years then depending on where I am in life I might i don't know it can't be easy and i think they did a good job they made some mistakes but they put a lot of effort in and where vastly better than some parents i hear people talk about there are many parents who really shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.

• I think I could be a better parent than my own, children don't really appeal to me as the idea of fucking someone elses whole life up from the beginning is a daunting risk but I've learned from the mistakes of my family. Considering my own father told me I was the biggest mistake he'd ever made there's much room for improvement.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 11

• It is my goal to be a better parent but if I can be half the parent my mom is, I just might be ok.

• Definitely. It's almost hard to imagine anyone being worse at parenting than my parents. I certainly learn from my parents' mistakes and will be a better mother than mine ever was.

• I hope I will be, but my mom is still my best friend. I just don't agree with some of her parenting styles

• No I'm not better than them , I'm already raising my kids the way they raised me... and they are great parents by the way❤❤

• I think if I improve myself now, then yes

• No. However, I am going to try to be as amazing of a parent to my future children as my parents were to me.

• I will be better

• Oh yeah.

• I don't know about better. But different

• No, I'm gonna be a pushover mom.

• Hell yes