Who Do You Think Is Bigger In The 1980s Billy Joel Or Billy Idol?

Both Were Massive In The 1980s

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• Billy Joel.

• Billy joel was way bigger. Billy idol was better.

• I prefer Billy Idol, so I'll go with him.

What Guys Said 7

• Billy Joel is definitely the hotter commodity in the 1980's. Glass Houses (1980), The Nylon Curtain (1982), An Innocent Man (1983), The Bridge (1986), Storm Front (1989). More of an impact on other writers and performers, more songs covered by other artists, more Grammy's, etc.

Billy Idol: Billy Idol (1982), Rebel Yell (1983), Whiplash Smile (1986). I like Billy Idol but he is not Billy Joel.

• Probably Billy Joel. I think he appeals to a broader audience. I think most of the "cool" older guys in the 80s that drove IROCs like my cousin were into Billy Idol, though😂 Very different styles of music.

• Bully Joel X 100

• You really think he was that much Bigger than Billy Idol

• I surely give Idol his due respect. It's just that Joel is the third best-selling recording artist in the US! He won six Grammies and was nominated for 23!

• True but wouldn't you agree that Billy Idol is a legend and Billy Idol could've maybe been bigger if he started earlier

• Billy Joel was way bigger. He was like the American Elton John. Billy Joel can still sell out stadiums.

• Billy Joel was bigger but Billy Idol was good too , "Dancing with Myself"

• Billy Joel one hundo

• billy joel