Have you ever been to a Medium/Phsychic?

In a week I am going for my first time to a Medium/Wiccan.

What experiences have you had?

I'm not going for any real reason other than to try it out and was strongly recommended for her future insight. I have recently lost someone, but I'm at peace with the loss. So this isn't really to connect with anyone, but just see what they have to say. My boyfriend went to this medium long ago, and says that she mentioned me in a vague way before he even knew me. Now I'm a skeptic on that, hence why I'm going to check it out and see what they have to say lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I was always a skeptic despite having mediums in my family. More recently though I started seeing things, more specifically figures. I'd see them in the corner of my eye, and the only way I could describe it is that it looked like hot air, like vibrations in the air? These figures would only appear in certain places and move in certain ways. In one room though I felt unwelcome, and as though if there was something there it wanted to attack me, and that it was a man. I had a vision when I was half asleep of him with his head covered in blood.
    We

mentioned that something was in the house, but no details at all to the medium. Immediately she picked up on things about me that I've never told anybody but have thought about a lot, as well as stuff from recent very private conversations that she couldn't have known about. She went to the room where I saw the figure and felt like I was unwelcome, still I never said a word, and said that there was a man there who paced along the area I saw him, glaring at me, and that he wanted to strangle me. She said he had something wrong with his head, an injury.

I was skeptical before then so I made sure not to give away any details, but she got so many things that it couldn't be coincidence. So it does work in my opinion, it just depends on the medium, there are obviously a lot of phonies too.

• That's pretty creepy lol if this one tells me things like this I'm leaving lol I don't want creepy things

Haha it is creepy. The thing is bad spirits feed on your fear, so the worst thing to be is afraid.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have, and she got stuff right, even a couple of very specific things. I've been to others that got nothing right or were just guessing vague stuff.

What Guys Said 13

• Just for fun, ask her to tell you about your present. If she can't tell you about the present, how is she supposed to tell you about your future.
    Of course what she says is vague. They have no idea what's in the future, they are just guessing...

• Oh definitely. I will surely share my experience with you after. I'm not easily fooled. I made the physcology teacher cry on the first day of school for tricking them into falling for something they were trying to teach about. Lol

• It's a load of bullshit. Cold reading just boils down to being vague enough to hit any person but just specific enough to convince them that the information is specifically tuned for them. I've even done it with people thinking I was reading their souls without knowing what the hell I'm doing.

• I have multiple people swear by this one I am going to see. Saying she knows things that have never even been shared outside of their family and etc. so hey, it'll be fun at least lol I'll be the first to call her out on inconsistencies.

• If you call her out on her inconsistencies, just do it at the very end or else she will adapt her strategy. Don't give her a hint that she is wrong and she will keep being more wrong. That's why they ask questions. It guides their speech. Just say she should know since she is a reader.

• Multiple people could swear the earth is flat. Doesn't make it true. There is no such thing as a psychic. They are frauds. All of them. Without exception. James Randi has a million dollars waiting for anyone who can demonstrate any supernatural ability. He's been offering it for 30 years and no one has claimed it. Don't waste your money. Better results buying lottery tickets.

• Hell no !! If I want to know my future I get up and go live my life and find all the answers all on my own. I have always looked at that stuff as Horse nuggets

• no, my granny did that for me. she could do occult magic and stuff like that.

• Wear a pendent with two letters like an initials of a name.
    Any random one with no sentimental value.

Next wear a ring on your ring finger to signify married status.

Laugh when Medium asks if husband is okay. Let the medium attempt to guess said husband's name as well.

• I would except I wear no jewelry lol.

• "that'll be a waste of money"
      That's certainly true.

Well if you're curious why not. I know it's going to be the same generic, loosely defined, and all encompassing messages that resonated with people much like horoscopes do.

Do the people that have sworn about this medium also believe in horoscopes and the like?

• I believe in horoscopes. I may be a nut but it is a little thing I help combat my depression with. Little tokens of hope. Regardless, some horoscopes can be creepily accurate for me. I'm not sure of their views, but they aren't emotional people who referred me. Rather level headed and realistic.

• Who was the person you lost, if I may ask?

• my grandmother and my great grandmother.

• What does that matter to anything?

• Yes, it might determine if the medium is a fraud. My father was an aerospace engineer. So I would ask any medium claiming to be in contact with my father to answer some questions which my father would know but which a medium is highly unlikely to know (Dad, please define V1 or what is an angle of incident) These questions would be child's play to my dad, but it's unlikely a medium would know.

So what we're their professions?

• South park did a good episode on this, you make a broad assumption and OMG ITS TRUE.

• I love South Park lol

• :D thats awesome! Usually girls all find it stupid (which it is, but also surprisingly smart at the same time).

• They're relentless lol I love it.

• Nope I stay away from Witchcraft, evil all of it.

• No I would laugh at anyone who believes in that shit

• I'll probably laugh the whole time too but what's it gonna hurt lll

• I went to a large psychic once

• fortune teller once years ago

• Weirdo

• i dont believe in those people... and plus, as a christian, were taught to stay away from those

What Girls Said 6

• "she mentioned me in a vague way before he even knew me".
    That's a bad sign already. _Most_ mediums and psychics in business are frauds who are trained to tell you vague things that could be true for anyone and to reassure you when you're troubled.

If you're really curious about 'that stuff', my advice is to go schedule anconsultation with a reputable astrologer instead.

• *to schedule a consultation.

• His reading was done long before I came into the picture. She mentioned a female who loves the outdoors more than most (I'm an avid hunter), and ice would be involved (we met ice skating). But like I said, his reading was long before I came into the picture.

• I think it's all for fun. It can be fake but it might be what you need to think on a different level.

• This this this!!! It doesn't need to be real to give someone something to look forward to!

• Scam artists.

• No, but I want to

• I have not and would never go to one

• Yes its for real, if they are authentic and why don't you believe ya boyfriend