Guys and girls , do you ever go to the cinema or eat in a restaurant alone , do you find that desperate / pathetic?

thanks really everyone for answering and sharing. it feels soooo nice when you find out that you are not alone !. when you think you are weirdo then find out that you are just as normal as others.. and yea.. girls really have the perfect way to make a man feels confident and normal , i really think this is the reason Eve was created by God :) .

Most Helpful Girl

• I went to a concert by myself once, I still had fun. Sometimes I'll just go get some ice cream for myself and walk around town.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 12

• if i want to eat the food i go. it's about the food.

• I've done it. It's neither desperate or pathetic. It's healthy to be comfortable spending time by yourself.

thanks for ur opinion really :)

• Yes because I have a different taste in movies than people I know. I like scary shit and they like chick flicks which bore the crap out of me. I'd rather go alone than sit through 2 hours of sappy drama.

yes , i understand that... and i guess u enjoy ur own time by ur self too

• Maybe I'll go to a bar alone but not to movies or out to eat unless I figure I might run into someone I know or works there

why not?

Well I kind of have a shy personality to begin with. I guess I'm just self conscious of looking like a friendless loser.

yeaaaa that is exactly what i am afraid of... to look like a friendless loser !! it is good to find some one that thinks as i do

• I haven't gone to a cinema alone but I eat lunch at restaurants alone often and I cherish it.

why not the cinema !

That's date time. My boyfriend and I switch off on movies. He picks one I watch with him then I pick one. Last night we saw Jason Bourne (his pick) next time he'll have to suffer through a chick flick with me. probably Bad Moms. lol.

• I do this all the time especially if it's a movie I want to see and no one else wants to go or has time.

• you are really my kind of girl !! thanks really for answering :)
      knowing that others do that would make me so comfortable with myself

• I p much only ever do these things alone if I do them at all. I don't like to be with people. They drain me.

• really? you go to the cinema alone? i dont know why i feel so insecure about that ! i feel like every one in the cinema would be looking at me and saying loser... alone loser !!

• Well, the cinema... no. I consider it too indulgent & not worth the money it costs :P

But I do eat out alone. Not at fancy restaurants but... yeah. Eating is necessary; this is my excuse.
      My dad does all those things alone.

I don't think people care too much. Don't be so insecure anyway. Fuck what they think! Are they people in yr life? No? So their opinions don't matter.

The only thing that worries me is as a woman who is Out Alone a lot, I get a lot of male attention, which I don't like. :/

• haha , sometimes i just like the idea of going out.. i have a stressful hard work. and when i have time to do so. it would be so difficult to find any of my friends. coz they would be busy and it would take for ever to scedule it. so it is much easier to go alone. i dont care about people most of times but on some matters that iam already insecure with , i care.
      thanks for being supportive really :)
      and well , a lot of guys attention means u are pretty ;)

• I don't do either without other people. I hate watchinf movies without talking the whole time and I hate restaurants without conversation. I should go somewhere alone though, I haven't done something alone for a long time.

• Why would it be desperate to have some alone time

• becoz these places are places full of friends groups or lovers.. being alone is like being a loser

• No your wrong.

• No it's not desperate or pathetic.

• do you do it though?

• yes , they can just fuck off :)

• by the way iam following u now

• No, I really enjoy it sometimes

• do you go alone cinema? really?

• exactly, enjoy yourself :)

• thanks @heera

• No. I do that sometimes. If I go with friends, I can't do whatever I want.

yeaaa , so u enjoy ur time alone?

What Guys Said 7

• haven't done it in years but i love going to movies by myself from time to time

i can see the movie i want. no one makes you late. sit where you want to sit. it's essentially like watching a movie alone at home only on a massive screen

• yes , bro.. but in home no one would judge u. but in cinemas it is like people are looking and asking why are u alone? dont u have friends or a girlfriend? it makes me feel like a loser !

• and if your friend judges you as a loser for going to watch a movie then they aren't really a friend

• sounds right , i agree :)

• I've never gone to a cinema... and I never go to restaurants, unless "forced" by others...

• I tend to go by myself most of the time. And why should I find it 'desperate or pathetic?' That's such an unhealthy way of thinking.

• Some people just like their own time alone and independence

• nah, i do it too. a long ago i used to think as you did, now i enjoy my own company

• It'd be more pathetic to sit at home and wallow in your single life misery

• Yeah, I have no brothers and sisters, so I will often do stuff on my own, since when I'm available to do things, my friends aren't (too busy with work)