Spanish speakers, what does "te quiero" mean?

i tried to look it up but it keeps saying it means either "i love you" or "i want you". what is the most popular definition of it?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It literally means I want you. Querer - to want in yo present indicative form is Quiero or I want
    Placing the reflexive pronoun of te (you) makes it I want you.
    But te quiero is more of a casual I love you. Te amo is something you say to say your SO not like your friends or family

What Guys Said 2

• Shoulda said te amo instead

• Is that the Stromae song u mean?

What Girls Said 8

• means "I love you", but it doesn't actually mean "love" it's just that you don't have any other words to compare it with..

• I does mean "I love you" or "I want you," but it's not as strong of a meaning when speaking about love. "Te amo" is the deep, serious version of "I love you."

• It depends on context.

• Quiero = I want
    Te = You (as a direct object)

So technically it means "I want you" but it is used mostly as "I love you" in a family or friendly way. If you want to say I love you in a romantic way, use "Te amo."

• It means I love you, but it's more in a romantic way than a general way

• I want you?

• i thought that was taco bell's slogan

• It does mean i love you