Is there anything you regret doing in the past? Or things you didn't do in the past?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/37-things-youll-regret-when-youre-old?utm_term=.hrOJmwerM&bffbtasty#.lgeA8qlW6

I'm not a buzzfeed fan but I found this article pretty on point and I wanted to ask what your opinion is. Do you have anything you regret? Or would there be anything you would regret if you didn't have the chance to do? Or any adivice to share?

Most Helpful Guy

• I regret not picking a different career. I like my career now, but I had the chance and the connections to go to flight school but i didn't >_<.

As for advice - NEVER give up on your goals if you don't try you'll never know, pity parties never helped anything so get out there and do it. Since it's GaG, it applies to dating too I have been rejected more times i can remember but meh whatever move on to the next girl.

• I'm sorry to hear that!

Thanks for MH :)

well I found your opinion inspiring so you deserved it :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I regret being such a pushover all my life, I shouldn't have let people intimidate me, I cared far too much about other people's opinions of me and their feelings in general, should've said "yes" to something that would've been life changing when I was 8, I really regret some of the things I used to do for years (something that I won't admit), I regret not knowing how to keep things to myself, I shouldn't have allowed myself to become so secluded to the world and everyone else around me, I wish I showed more respect to my parents and actually listed to them and behaved myself in the past, I should've taken school and college more seriously, and I definitely shouldn't have allowed myself to end up in the position I'm in now.

• I'm sorry to hear that, is it to late now to try and fix something?

• I understand, I'm sure it's not easy, it takes time as well. Wish you the best and congrats for not giving up :)

• So nice, thank you 😊

What Guys Said 18

• I don't think I have any significant regrets. I'm sure there are some small things I could have done better but I was very mature at a young age and I've always tried to reflect a lot on my life and my actions and not make any stupid decisions.

If I have one advice to give, I would say this: Don't ever regret past mistakes but instead, view them as a gift. Try to think positively. Why? Because every mistake we've made also taught us something important or it made our life better in some strange way. I'll give you just one example: when I began my studies at university, I took it suuuper slow and easy. High school in my country is very tough and getting into Uni a big deal. Not a lot of people make it. So once I made it, I felt like I can just rest and be very relaxed about it. In my first year, I just took like two classes or so. I was mostly hanging out and enjoying my free time. Hypothetically, I should be regretting this now because it made my studies a lot longer than they should have been. University studies do take longer in Switzerland than in the US or in the UK but if I had hurried up from the beginning, I could be done at the age of 28. Instead, it will probably take me until I'm 30 or 31. However, you see, during those first 2-3 years where I was being lazy, I also met the love of my life (at Uni, that is ;-)). She was an exchange student and originally only intended to be in my country for one year. Had I been a diligent, hard-working student from the beginning, I would have probably never met her. And even if I had met her, I would have never been able to make so much time free for her and see her almost every day. I would have never managed to establish such a deep relationship with her and eventually, she would have just returned back home and we would have broken apart. But because I was so lazy and not taking a lot of classes, I had a lot of time to enjoy my first, BIG love. And because I spent all this time on my girlfriend, we grew very close and decided that we always want to stay together, no matter what. So in short: Yes, being lazy about my studies was a mistake on first sight. I could already have a job soon and make a lot of money. But then again, I would have never found the big love of my life. So really, there's nothing to regret. Eventually, it all worked out great :-).

• I totally agree with you, that's a really good advice and an amazing story :) Thank you so much for sharing it!

• Forget about regretting and JUST DO THE THINGS you REALLY WANT TO DO before your time is up and before it's lights out forever.

You know what they say, you only live once, so you might as well have as much fun as possible before you are not able to have fun anymore.

The list makes important points. Everyone really should come up with their own kind of bucket list or be as spontaneous about what they want to do with their lives and enjoy it.

• I regret a lot of instances where I made fun of fat girls, lesbians, sluts, and gleefully spread gossip about my friends.

Also being 'hands on' with female friends at inappropriate times.

Just for openers!

• I wouldn't know where to begin. When we stand before God to be judged (and there will be an accounting), we'll all have a litany of regrets.

• The only real regret I have in life, is not pursing more relationships in college. I saw WAY too much cheating, and was an accessory of cheating, when I was in undergrad, and didn't want to deal with that shit.

But now, I see so many of my friends from college found their spouse in college, and I feel that I may have missed out on that opportunity by not pursuing serious relationships in college.

• indeed, you miss out things when you keep running from being hurt, sorry to hear you've been cheated on tho. But it's not late to find a good match for you :)

• Actually no I've never been cheated ON, but I hooked up with girls and later found out they had boyfriends at the time. Felt a little guilty afterwards and that lowered my faith in most college girls that party being faithful. :-/

• yes there are lots of things i regret from my past and not just regret, my past is a nightmare that if i think of some moments from my past i can't even think of it without getting scared and frightened.

and about the advice to share, i would say "get out/escape from this life while you can because it gets way much worst that you can't even imagine".

• I regret not staying in contact with all of my old childhood friends.

• Sorry to hear that, is it too late now?

• that doesn't mean they wouldn't like to keep in touch with you :)

• We no longer have anything in common, I'd say.

• Yep, there is one,
    I cheated when She was actually trying to improve. I know people consider me cold blooded person but Still I have heart to.

• wouldn´t have waited so long to approach my crush so that i maybe had a chance and wouldn´t have landed in the friendzone xD everything else i´d do again.

• That's a pretty good list, and for all of you youngsters, it's something to give a thought about. There are several things on there that I definitely regret, and it's too late now to change.

• I regret using cocaine, legal highs and spending four/five years of my life binge drinking to dangerous levels every weekend.

• it's a good thing you realized that and it's obviously you learned from your experiences

• well it's a total different thing when you learn from experience than from warnings. Congratulations for being a better person now! :)

• Thank you. :)

• i regret failing my drivers license test.

• owh, that is one of my fears! but I'm sure you'll do better next time!

• i hope so, because here you can only fail 2 times and then you have to get lessons and that costs a lot of money.

• Here you can't apply for exam at all if you don't get lessons... and yeah, it costs a lot. But I wish you to pass next time. Goodluck! :)

• Letting my ex fool me into thinking she cares more then she did when she didn't.

• ex girlfriend

• Not one. 100% truth.

• To be honest, Nothing to regret about

• Only thing i regret is wasting my time and effort on certain women.

• well, we learn from our experiences, at least you know what kind of women to avoid :)

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• Uhhh, I can't think of anything at the moment.

• I think that's a sign you don't have big regrets, it's a good thing :)

• Yes, I regret a lot of things, some of which still haunt me.