Is it worse to fail at something, or never attempt it in the first place?

Why do you feel that way?

Most Helpful Girl

• Worse to never try. You try and you fail. Then you try some more. You try and try until you don't fail. It's really that simple. You never quit.
    Had this argument with my 10 year old niece over fast pitch pitching. She quit pitching becuase she was afraid to fail. Not a valid excuse in my book. I spent more hours than I care to count playing catcher for her. So many bruises and bumps I had to wear pants for weeks to hide them. But it was all worth it when she ended up starting pitcher and was voted MVP.

Most Helpful Guy

• Never attempt it. Later in life you tend to most regret the opportunities you ignored, not the ones you attempted and failed. It might merely be a matter of outlook on how you reflect upon your life, but often it's the things we could have done that we didn't do which leads to regret over the long term than things we did do but didn't succeed at doing.

What Girls Said 10

• I would say fail is better than to never attempt. I saw this recently and I was like "wow". Let's be fair, not everyone will have the opportunities she's had in the first place, but for those who do, I think this is a great way to reframe how we see things.

https://vimeo.com/175524001

• To never try it.

What if you'd never started talking to me? O. o Would you be wondering about it right now?

hehe. :P I'd rather fail knowing that I tried.

• Never attempt it. That way you can't look back and wonder what would have happened if you did take the leap and do whatever it is.

• Worse to never attempt in the first place. You'll never know if you don't try.

• I notice someone on here is down voting comments that say if you don't fail you don't learn. Clearly someone that doesn't try.

• i think it would be worse to never attempt it mainly because you would be missing an experience and a chance to gain knowledge.

• Never attempt in the first place is worse because then you will never know if you would have succeded

• Never attempt it in the first place, because there is a 50/50 chance of succeeding.

• It's worse to fail.

• Never attempt. I know, I keep failing things by procrastinating and not doing them. Feels awful. It's better to fail for these reasons:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw2qEUwFbGM

What Guys Said 7

• Waaay worse to never try in the first place. I dont have a problem with people who dont try, but when you dont try then complain... these weak willed individuals really grind my gears.

• Failure to me would be less. Failure is a teacher , in what not to do and can lead to a better outcome in future attempts. Never trying is the losers and quitter way of dealing with life. I man not always succed the first time , but you can bet ima be back to try again

• worse to not try, you'll never know you failed, and never learn from it. keep trying and you'll succeed one day.

• "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
    -Wayne Gretsky
    -Micheal scott

• To never attempt. Failing something helps you learn and experience things

• never attempt

failure in life in a surreal sense is good. With it making you have to think smarter and with a renewed determination to succeed

If you never failed you would walk around thinking your shit didn't smell

• It's worse to never attempt it in the first place.