Is it bad that I want to fuck around with a Ouija Board?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 32

• A lot of 19th and early 20th century occultists took the ouija board very seriously. Frater Achad, Paul Foster Case and Alcester Crawley all experimented extensively with the 'oracle', and it's believed John Deer used a similar device.

There is a book called 'Alcester Crawley and the Ouija Board' which covers their experiments in depth, although I u derstand it takes a pretty liberal approach to the truth, lol. It's mission statement is also to show how to practice it in a 'thelemic' way, as opposed to a 'spiritist' way, which mostly means using it for something specific and not just opening the door for its own sake. It seems like you don't have anything specific in mind, so it'd be next to useless for you. (It also advocates a method that seems to me to make the board completely redundant- that you should banish, evoke a spirit, use the ouija board to communicate, and then banish again - why, then, use the board at all? Wouldn't a regular evocation suffice, at that point?)

So bringing up the book was pointless but I thought it was interesting, lmao.

As for should you do it, I guess so. Read about it a lot before you do it. Read about how to safety communicate with spirits and about how the board actually works - it's not being moved by ghosts. There is no empirical link between the movement on the board and the spirit world, in the same way there is no empirical link between the shuffling of a deck of cards and our inner selves, nor between the movement of distant planets and the structure of our personalities, and there never will be. Nonetheless the tarot and astrology are *indispensibly* important - I really mean that - and extremely useful. Why? I don't know. But perhaps there are similar mysteries to the ouija.

My problem with the Oracle boards I guess is... why use them? There are much better ways to contact spirits. What use does the board have, which seems only to contain the limitless expressive capabilities of spirits to spelling with letters and numbers? Spirits that can already communicate verbally, visually, physically, sensationally, and in undescribable, ineffable ways? Maybe I am missing something.

http://www.livescience.com/41859-ouija-board.html (an article explaining it's function, the ideomotor effect - direct communication with the unconscious, huh? Sounds pretty powerful after all...)

Anyway, good luck and stay safe.

• Not really. I wanted to as well but one of my old friends freaked the fuck out when I told them that and started lecturing me about using sage and doing it properly and 'do you even know how dangerous that is?' so now I'm not really planning on it :P

• Don't just fuck around.

First ask for its number
    Then take it out to dinner
    Then you can fuck around with it. I'm sure the ghosts will appreciate being wined and dined.

• Don't do it Waffles. Like REALLY don't do it.

• nope... lol

• i have NO idea what that is.

• I've always wanted to, too... but I'm too scared :(

• Do it if you want. Just make sure you put some precautions in place. I doubt you'll talk to anyone but you wanna do salt circles and stuff just in case.

• Are you gonna use protection?

• Oh let me join!

• I have always wanted to. So as long as you do it responsibly.

• Nope

• I was going to a couple years ago on Halloween but we couldn't find the one my mom had when she was younger or one at the store, but they've got them now.

• Yes, I don't believe in ghosts but oujia boards make me more open minded.

• DO IT!!!

I dare you

Also, I alway wanted to play it, but no one else wants to. Let me know how it goes ;)

• Yes it is. Leave that shit alone.

• Doesn't sound bad

• Try it out! Id love to play with it, I wonder if its real though. Watching Jumanji made me curious.

• Nope you're just going to get possessed and tortured by ghosts and demons for the rest of your life. Have fun!😊

• Nope, you'll be fine

• I have done it, it doesn't works lol

• Not really. I wanna try it too

• No, I would like to as well but curiosity killed the cat

• i'd love to try one but i don't know anyone who'd do one with me :(

• Not really, people have curiosities. Treat it with respect and always use protection.

• Fuck around with it and see what spirits you get to talk to.

• Haha I've done it before. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but it fucking works

• @redeyemindtricks yeah have you ever done it?

• Tried twice with groups of friends. Both times were back in the days when I was still running on like 10-15 hrs/wk of sleep, so, I fell asleep both times... and ma friends just let me sleep ahah

• Nooo don't please just don't! It works I'm sure of that! It happened to some of my relatives and they got possessed I swear!

• I think it's bad. Feel free to do it and see what happens

• No everyone gets curious

• More from Girls
    2

What Guys Said 18

• Now, I'm not exactly very superstitious, and I believe 99% of ghost stories are fake (lies or explained with logic). I mean, chances are there is a person who died in almost every spot we've been in given the human race's history. It could even be 100%, although I find some hard to explain.

You'd imagine there'd be more spirits if they actually existed in the traditional sense. I mean, it's not like spirits die for some reason lol. Instead, most of em seem to be from the last 500 years. Why would that be? (This is just a random thought I had)

Nevertheless, a Ouija Board is almost certainly complete bullcrap. Chances are it'll do absolutely nothing. However, given as I cannot, with complete certainty, guarantee that it will be 100% safe, I would not use it. From that, I suggest not to use it yourself.

• And why would it be bad? Do you seriously believe in all that paranormal nonsense perpetuated by hollywood and various other similar media?

C'mon, it's been debunked a long time ago.

It's been long debunked as an "ideomotor effect" or "ideomotor phenomenon".

It's all delusion and in your head. If you do mess around with it and found something substantial and concrete to be proven otherwise why not record it all onto video and broadcast or livestream it to everyone then?

If you want to play with it, it's entirely up to you. Believe that it's for real for what it claims it does, or what many others had claim that it does. Or realize and accept the fact that it had already been debunked and that it's just a whole bunch of made up nonsense.

• It ain't no joke.

• You'll find out if you'll actually fool around with it

• That stuff freaks me out a little bit - I know it is superstitious but even getting little goosebumps typing this, I wouldn't do it.

• It's a kids toy for sleepover fun. Have at it.

https://youtu.be/221lInw7Wj0

• You REALLY shouldn't...

• Yes. Don't play around with that stuff If you have little to no experience with the paranormal.

• YOLO matey. Haha

• Every person who is skeptic, and don't believe in demons or in the spiritual realm should probably try it to see what happens lol

• It's a bunch of bs. I've done it at least five times. Someone is always pushing it. There is one person who freaks out, one person tells a "true" story, a cynic, a religious person and someone who gets stoned 10 minutes before hand.

• I want to make a pact or deal with the devil

• Get ready to call Ghostbusters :P

www.cool2bkids.com/.../Ghostbusters-Logo.jpg

• If you summon a spirit it may follow you around and cause havoc in your life

• Do it. It's all bullshit anyway

• Not really. Because it's all pretend.

• It doesn't matter cuz it's total bullshit.

• You're gonna get a lot of paper cuts.