Do you think fairy tales influence our choices in dating and finding somebody long term?

Most Helpful Girl

• OOOh YES! Officially Disney fucked me up! -_- And all other fairytales that talks about "true love"...

First they let You grow up thinking everyone has their one true love:

67.media.tumblr.com/.../...ieCeHg1ri5lopo1_500.gif

Aaaand You can't trust people with Your heart...

66.media.tumblr.com/.../...kaVKGi1s5tknvo1_500.gif

Buuuuuuut than You grow up and find out You're stupid and everything's a lie! Aaaaand WELCOME TO REALITY! ^^

66.media.tumblr.com/...ltisadLdas1qm6oc3o1_500.gif

And You learn how this world goes by and fairytales become just stupid no good for nothing fairy TALES... ^^

media.tumblr.com/.../...line_mir5n0PLRq1qz4rgp.gif

Aaaaaand in The End... You'd think a girl would learn! -_-"

www.athoughtandahalf.com/.../...5gmS7oq1qz4rgp.gif

• GOTTA LOOOVE IT! ^^

• Thank You! ^^

• Your very welcome.😀

Most Helpful Guy

• Fairy tales told me that a man with good enough character, treatment, and evidence on his side can restore a woman's faith in herself when she's been beaten down and broken by her unfair life. That if you set out to be a Knight in Shining Armor, those in your life - especially your family - will guide your path and help you save the damsel.

You can at the very least save her from a bad future, if not secure her for yourself.

That was the fairy tale. Reality: your family promises to do exactly that, then makes endless excuses not to later. You're on your own. The girl? So broken and bitter, she doesn't want to believe in hope anymore. Your efforts to give it to her just offend her even more than her oppressors have!

She throws her own life away. You're devastated. Your family is like: "Don't know what to tell you."

You try to move on. You find more broken souls. No hope. You find someone who acts like you can get somewhere with her. She turns out to be a dangerous psychopath. Suddenly, you're the one who needs rescuing! And you just barely get it!

Oh yeah... pursue your dreams? Do anything you set your mind to? Except the one thing you say you want to do. Then, all you ever hear is: "That will never happen! That's something you have to be born into! You're wasting your time! Focus on something else that will make money! Blah blah blah!!!"

Instead of helping you chase your dreams - even when they are almost within reach - those you once trusted most instead try to destroy your dreams, just because they don't understand them!

You save a man who's stranded at the roadside in a movie, you make a new friend. Try it in real life, and a 3rd-party tow truck driver shows up and tries to mug both of you. When he finds you don't have $55 for him to move the other guy's car a mere 7 feet to get out of the ditch, HE calls the cops - on YOU - simply for declining his offer because you don't have the cash! The stranded guy goes to jail. You get let off with a warning.

Get a government job? In the movies, you get a girlfriend - and hope she doesn't get assassinated. In real life? Your security clearance is revoked and you're laid off, because the Ukrainian orphanage your adopted siblings came from got blown up by Putin and the Feds can't verify the address anymore.

• And two months after your security clearance is revoked, your girlfriend cheats on you with a basketball player and then dumps you. And then blocks you on Facebook. Her sister pretends to be your friend for four more years, and then disowns you for no reason one day.

• The one good side to this: if I do get a happy ending, I'll have one hell of an autobiography.

• Yes that is true man. You will have a great book and you can make a movie based off your life.

What Girls Said 12

• Kind of. I believe it does. A woman meets a man, they get married and they live happily ever after. Then they have children and what not. So I feel like sometimes it has made us gear off that way. Of course we don't follow it at all, as we are all different and want different things. Some people don't want to get married and others don't want children. But I believe fairy tales does have some influence over us.

• Not really. I grew up seeing so many adults in bad relationships, and then getting divorced. I knew not to expect that kind of thing when I grew up. When I was twelve, I even knew I'd probably never meet anyone because that's when I started to get bullied for my looks. I was right. I've never had a relationship. So I've always had realistic expectations.

• That sucks. :( Im sorry to hear about the bullying. And their has to be somebody out their for you to date.

• Yes for me it did but my life and love story is not a fairy tale.

• In grade school, 10 years ago, sure.
    Nowadays kids are all about doing everything as they see it in music videos... This world is slowly decaying...

• Not really... Because they are what they are: fairytales. But what really does affect the way we date and all, are more real things like social media and society and things like that.

• Used to but then I woke up and smelled the sh**T

• I thought everyone found love but this site proves otherwise 😂

• It's tough to find true love because people are very picky. And some people's areas don't have many options and few good selections.

• Um no? Has 0 effect.

• maybe a bit

• I think it definitely ingrained in us that there are happily ever afters and handsome princes.

• Lol their is some good princes out their and some people do have the happily ever after ending.

• Yes, assuming you're 5 years old.

• Nope.

What Guys Said 8

• Of course they do!! But so do the VS Models, on billboards, and online, and all the super model nonsense, and media gossip about 'famous people' Society seems to set them as the standard we are supposed to believe, once we realize 'Fairy Tales' are just 'Movies' and not reality.

• If by faerie tales you mean "All that bullshit you were ever told about 'love', faithfulness, etc", then yeah, they sure do.

• Yes, they do, but fuck that! That's why I prefer watching horror slashers over this wishy washy garbage.

• Hmmm, give me an example? I can't picture it

• Yes, especially chicks who watch Twilight.

• No matter how small, yes, I think it does.

• i never have read these things.

• Not really no