Do you remember the good old days when health and safety was called common sense?

well it did in the UK maybe not your side of the pond but here we had for a long time before the european laws come in
didn't mean to post that there never mind

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I find it very helpful. I have a nut allergy, and I once bought a packet of nuts to eat- thankfully, there was a warning "this packet may contain nuts" that stopped me in my tracks.
    Also, I got myself a new cooker recently. On the hob cover, there was a peel off sticker on the outer wrapping that I read before I opened it. It said "careful, hob plates will become hot during use" I'm extremely lucky I read that, otherwise I could have touched the hob plates while I was cooking!

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• yeah, it was better

• Common sense when out the window a long time ago way before I was born in way before you was born. Show some common sense and recognize reality 40 years ago the big news was that ceftriaxone was used to treat gonorrhea. Where is the common sense in that? Why was there no common sense back then yet you call that the good old days

• Ceftriaxone is STILL a recognized treatment for gonorrhea.

• @Regulatus you are correct except it is no longer recognized as single therapy 1 g of azithromycin is recommended to be added. But that's not the point you missed my point. Even if you are totally correct on antibiotic therapy it still miss my point. The point being that we could have asked where were the good old days 40 years ago so longing for the good old days as you seem to be is way past your birthday. The good old days might have been in the 40s or the 50s but certainly not while you have been alive. It is obvious that my answer to your question went way over your head. Sorry about that

• I never asked a question. I'm not the OP

• You mean like chain smoking and driving around without seat belts?

• I'm pretty sure they are still common sense. Are you referring to some example in particular?

• LMAO!!
    Common sense is not too common now a days, sadly...

What Guys Said 5

• The common sense gene seems to have left the pool.

• I remember the days when common sense was common and not called uncommon sense. It was a day, the last day in 1999 the last day of common sense.

It seems when the world clock struck 2000 the whole world just started going to shit.

• What is this "common sense" you speak of?

• That never existed. Time to take off those rose colored glasses.

• well it did in the UK maybe not your side of the pond but here we had for a long time before the european laws come in

• In the UK? I know your history better than that. You didn't outlaw hanging people till 1969. And you literally went medieval on people before that. Boiling them alive and even using the French guillotine.
      Not to mention the royals abusing people, aristocrats being openly greedy assholes and the church having a huge say in parliment.

Sorry to disappoint you, but this isn't an ignorant American.

• never said you were.

• lol yes i do