Would you rather a joy/despair roller coaster or a quiet life of stability?

Would you rather live a life where your mood & experiences varies to extremes, you feel amazing joy & awful lows--your mood changes fast but may also stay the same for months at a time, yr love life is never quiet but brings you immense pain (as well as joy), or a life in which yr one most constant companion is monotony? Your days are predictable, & while you never feel the soul crushing guilt, despair & torturing agony that the first person feels, your life is unremarkable? Despite this, you're relatively satisfied; you're functional in whatever way you wish to be--a job, nice house, wife/husband & kids (if that's what you want) -- whereas person A cannot hold down a job for any extended period of time? Which would you prefer, peace or... excitement?

Additional question: would you rather date person A, or person B?

(For the purpose of this question, assume there are only these two extremes of people in existence---you are one or the other.)

Most Helpful Girl

• My life has always been a roller coaster. My adversities have made me a strong, resilient, a great problem solver type of person. I would not trade that for a stable life.

What Guys Said 1

• Stability. The "rollercoaster" you describe is not unlike bipolar disorder or Borderline Personality Disorder.

What Girls Said 3

• Excitement. I want to feel pain and love and sadness and happiness. Without these emotions life isn't complete.

• The latter is the safe option so I choose A. excitement.

• I already live the first life and it's caused me a lot of psychological, mental, and emotional damage and would love nothing more than stability.

• Yeah this is p much how my mental illness affects me. It's shit. I was feeling like giving up on 'getting better' & asking myself if I'd rather live this way and the obv answer is no but recovery is so goddamn hard yknow? <3

I wish you all the best <3