How do you react if someone criticizes you or tries to start an argument with you?

I used to not retaliate but now I have started to.

Most Helpful Guy

• I do the rational thing depending on the circumstances, argue their points with common sense, factual evidence and relevant information.

If they're just being a pain in the ass though and just criticizing or trying to start an argument with me for the heck of it or because they have a chip on their shoulder. I'll end them, plain and simple.

Most Helpful Girl

• Break their argument down calmly, outwit them. If that just upsets them more then I just get up and leave, refusing to acknowledge what they have to say until they calm down.

I only take criticism if I think the person has a point, otherwise it means nothing to me.

What Guys Said 8

• I amuse them by arguing back until I get bored. After that, I just stop. But my goal is to get them to explode lol

• I first try to reason with them, and if they continue, I ignore them.

• Depends if its a fair point, annoying, they're salty, or if it's just pure stupidity.

• I listen then counter

• nothing better than someone writing a paragraph to insult you and u respond with a simple "u mad?"

• I think its best to listen and check legitimacy of their argument, then counter with best shot possible but if he is right. Then "he is right accept it".

• I say thank you, about arguments, I go calm with them, answering politely anything they might ask. There is no point at being angry.

• i will try to make some jokes to piss them off harder.

What Girls Said 13

• Depends on how I feel that day and if it's the first time they've acted like that to me or if they make a habit of it. I try to remember that everyone has a bad day once in a while and things going on that I don't know about, but I will definitely eventually have my point of enough and put you in your place.

• It depends on the circumstance. If someone is just being ignorant, I won't say anything and walk away. If they are persistent and keep saying false accusations to bring me down, I'll stand up for myself by trying to reason with them and ask why they are doing this, and where they go their false information.

• At work there is an atheist who will get in people's faces, and but into conversations. I lose my cool sometimes... but most of the time I just tell him to get away from me. He has a severe anger problem... sometimes he scares me.

• it depends on my mood.. if i'm calm i'd be like

25.media.tumblr.com/...m50fdjdv5D1rurt58o3_250.gif

but if i am in a bad mood then...

rs137.pbsrc.com/.../STFU_zpsb2a04557.gif~c200

• Criticizes me-No big deal if it's constructive.
    Tries to start an argument-I'm a little to old for arguing getting pulled into nonsense.

• No, I just tell them that they can be mad but I am going to not talk to them until they calm down.

• I just leave it alone. It's not worth it to me to say anything back.

• I can appreciate constructive criticism but with arguments I usually just diffuse them cuz I don't like conflict

• respond, defend my point, discuss. only dumbasses get angry at criticism.

• I retaliate because I'm very defensive and it hurts my feelings

• I would say to them "I'm not going to argue with you" or "I'm sorry you have a problem with [___] but I don't care"

• Smile and walk away

• I walk away. I dont like drama and if others want to act like they are middle school brats Ill walk away. My time and energy is too precious for drama.