You are now the last Man / Woman on Earth. What do you do?

What would you do if you woke up one day to find that everyone disappeared and you were the last person on Earth?

Animals are still around and for the sake of it you still have electricity and internet access for 3 days once you realize you're truly alone.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yay, I love hypothetical scenarios like this! (Sorry I’m probably going to go overboard)

Since this means civilization has abandoned me, I must learn to work things out on my own.
    I'm going to go under a few pretenses with the prompt:
    — I'm going to assume that I know I only have electricity and internet access for 3 days and that the electricity still works in other places.
    -- I'm going to assume that every literally vanished out of thin air except for me. Like all their stuff was just left where it was (primarily cars).
    -- I'm assuming I'm thinking logically here and not still looking for people or crying in the corner how I'll probably never have milk again lol

Day 1: Gas and moral
    -- Firstly, start my computer up and start to download all the TV shows I possibly can. Any chance I can over the next 3 days, I'll be religiously downloading stuff on my computer and my neighbors computers (to be put on external hard drives).
    — Find a German Shepherd puppy as something to keep me company, kinda like Sam in I Am Legend. I’ll use my roommate’s leftover dog food to feed him for now. I need to find one firstly because they’ll probably locked in cages and starve to death if I push it off.
    -- Find a pickup truck left by someone (I'm in Texas. They're EVERYWHERE.) Go to the stores. Get as many gas cans as I can fit in the truck. Also grab a hand pump for the gas. Go to the gas station. Fill up all the cans while the electricity still runs. I know of a store that sells generators. I’ll get a large and small propane based generator on a second trip.
    -- When nighttime comes, I will use the internet and look up any information I can use. Particularly, I will look into finding gas stations that can operate on generator. I'll print everything out.

Day 2: Food
    -- Water is going to be a big issue, so I need to focus firstly on this for the day. Bottled water only lasts so long before it runs out. Luckily, bleach can safely disinfect water. There is a creek nearby, so I can use that for a main source.
    -- Store runs during the day will include maps of the area as far out as I can go, an air conditioner that could cool off one room (it's Texas and heat is bad), and a heavy duty storage thing (like a UHaul). I will also use google maps to download one of the city for offline use (max distance is 120,000 km2).

• -- Night time will be spent researching stuff about hunting and wilderness survival. Knots, traps, fishing, fire, whatever I can get. Also, it will be spent dietary needs and such. I will print everything out. Although I'll have canned food around, all the meat will spoil and I'll need to adventure for dietary needs.

Day 3: Weapons
      -- I'll need to get weapons, and I'll use google maps to find a local weapon shop. Break in, take a few weapons and plenty of ammo. This will be used for hunting in the future.
      -- For nighttime, I'll be printing all the directions to Washington. (That’s going to be my destination due to the coastline, decent temperatures with weather, and high rain fall.) I’ll also be wanting to print up car repair material.

Day 4: Other stuff
      I will get the stuff done I couldn’t or didn’t need to urgently. So I will grab…
      — more entertainment stuff (aka art supplies and non electrical music supplies)
      — more food and bottled water. To cook stuff, I’ll use a propane burner.

• If you're the ONLY person around water will not be an issue at all. All convenience stores, super markets, etc. will have a boat load of it.

• @ProbablyTooMature The more stores that run out though, the further I have to go out (in Texas heat too). If I stay in one spot awhile, I'll eventually run out. It will be fine with simply driving initially, but then it'll be walking/biking eventually.
      And, given that some supplies are limited (besides water), and if a creek is nearby, it might be better to go for disinfected local water rather than convenience stores. Perhaps it would be best to hold bottled water more for emergencies when going out isn't a viable option.

Most Helpful Girl

• Firstly I would find my cat, and I would google the nicest place to live. I would then google/hunt the local places for vans/lorries to transfer an ungodly amount of fridges and freezers and then collect all the food and drink.

Then I would enjoy life. Recuse pets and keep them,
    But my cat is my baby. He sleeps with me.

Relax in the swimming pool, enjoy life, lots of drinking... And hey I'll have lots of everything I need - food, drink, drugs, car, fuel, etc, just live life and love it.

No more "only 3 units a day of booze" my rules my way! Woohoo! Bottles a day! It's healthy now!

What Guys Said 36

• Well, this is just like a I am legend movie scenario, in this case,

1. I would go to the supermarket and collect supplies, food etc since electricity and internet access will run out after 3 days.

2. Then I would go to a weapon store and take a few weapons and stock them at my house, just in case if I needed them for my protection.

3. Since electricity will run out after 3 days, I will make sure to set up a generator so that I would have electricity even after it run out ( Just like I am legend movie)

4. Then I would just enjoy my solitude, watch TV, surf internet and sleep 2 times a day.

• If it's warm out, take off all my clothes and walk around naked for a bit, sitting in churches and government buildings buckey-naked. After that, find all the fun, delicious foods and activities I could do. Drive all the fast cars fully blast everywhere. Where all the fancy jewelry or whatever for fun. Shoot all the guns I can find. If she's down, have sex everywhere you're not supposed to. Then after all the debauchery is done, probably start thinking existential thoughts. Does anything matter physically or materialistically in this instance anymore? NOPE! Maybe think about how really the world should develop again, because that would be my idea, to re-populate. However, a perfect world could never be achieved as people have their own minds and having unity is very much impossible.

• Get some different maps.
    Head to the sporting goods store and stock up on gear, guns, ammo.
    Head to a grocery store to stock up on food, water.
    Head to a good fishing/hunting area.
    Obtain seeds for fruits/vegetables wherever I find them.
    Visit libraries for info books.
    Use books to think up ways to improve my situation, solar power and such.
    Move all my crap into a decent home.
    Live out my days as a crazy old fisherman cat owner.

• drive to california, plant a garden. preserve all the chocolate cake I can rummage in freezer storage along with ice cream.

So there is no girl... pretty much screwed then...:)
    Find some fun dogs and teach them tricks. I'm sure I'd find something to do other than survive.

Print out all the recipes and information I can from the internet. and setup a library.

• Why only 3 days?

First matter of business find a way to keep the power on indefinitely which is completely possible.

Gather food, weapons, ammo and gear, among other things.

Next use science to recreate humanity via artificial wombs, gene modification and genetic templates, incubators and such. Normally I'd be agaisnt that but seeing how I am the only human left, desperate times call for desperate measures once I create the first batch of humans I'll teach them everything I know regarding survival, technology and the like so that once I die. They'll be able to create more and more humans and teach them and within the 100 years humanity should be on it's way to becoming something again.

• If I were in London, I would set about blowing up the houses of parliament like Guy tried to do. I would then spend my days looking through everyone's houses and exploring there privacy. After a long day of looking through peoples houses, I would go back to my awesome big ass home and look at my collection of cars that will be huge. I will then finish off the day getting high as fuck and masturbate until I fall asleep, cock in hand ready for the next day.

• Hmm interesting... well one of the two;
    Option A: Well, I'd go to the nearest genetics/sperm bank, learn how to do cloning and/or the method they use to 'safely' impregnate eggs in an incubator... take care of those kids when they are fully developed... rinse and repeat... they then'll do the rest once I'm gone... be remembered as the man who rebooted humanity. XD

Also, it'll take much longer than 3 days before electricity goes in a city... (Generators etc.)

Option B: But lets say it's only 3 days... (Impossible but...) then I'll probably learn how to manage/maintain a way to keep the power running (Solar power) then do option A. :v

• i would try and download all information of significance and download it it hard drives, usb sticks, whatever. then i would make a giant monument to try and explain as best as i can what happened. so if ever an alien race comes a long they know what happened.

then i would break into peoples houses go through their stuff, go into their refrigerators, i would steal cars drive around, shoot guns, do all the illegal shit as long as i live.

• In Chicago?
    Cross in the middle of the street.

• Haha first I would set upmy base of operations in the Whitehouse. Stock up on weapons, food, etc. Start broadcasting where I'm at incase any one survived. Then start looking for a lady to have crazy sex with all day. If there no women, I guess I'd have to become a scientist and try to make one. If that fails I'll wander the country until I die. Pissing on corners for fun and fapping repeatedly in public area's :-)

• Why would you need a base of operations if your the only one left? Lol

• @NoFcks2Give I meant like a living space, base of operations sounded cooler, in fact since I like transformers I would rename the white house, autobot outpost omega 1

• I print as many useful wiki pages as possible on how to survive, build, and keep myself healthy and comfortable, as well as growing vegetation and livestock. I then find a community/area I want to live in with access to constant fresh water and suitable soil for growing vegetation.

Lastly, I go to the city and eat all the perishables in my path.

• Read every book I possibly can, since Ill have all the time I need, and create a clone of myself. Im also sure I can find eggs that have been stored frozen for many years. Find a way to give birth to a female would be me and my clones mission until we get it right

OR
    Hop onto a nasa space shuttle and take off. Send out signals to aliens telling them im the last human. Garanteeed they'd come

• I will die hopelessly!.. Alone

But if they give me you in that world!.. I will thrive and we can be Adam and eve

• Gather weapons, an enormous supply of ammunition (as well as oil and cleaning flannel), transport, fuel and food that was suitable for long-term storage.
    Then I would go forth to find out WTF was going on.

• Go to church for starters, pray for a long while
    Second I would do whatever I wanted.
    Stock up on essential things for survival
    Take a truck I always wanted from the dealership
    Brush up on survival skills
    Read some books
    Jay walk in my birthday suit downtown
    Whatever else I felt like doing

• Find the nearest police station or hunting store, secure a firearm, and blow my brains out.

• A world for me alone huh? That would make me the mightiest man on earth. I would unanimously declare myself emperor of the world.

• Use internet to find a painless poison. Enjoy it as long as possible. Then just poison myself so I die in my sleep.

• I'd dance like nobody is watching!

• bask in the solitude :)

• lol there's not much to do, but travel.

• You wouldn't last to long human beings are meant to interact, that why solitary confinement was out lawed an seen as form of torcher because people become mentally unstable afterwards.

• Live among the apes as one of their owm

• I don't know. A girl companion would be enough for humanity's sake.

• jerk off till i die

• I wouldn't last much anyway, so I would eat the best food from bakeries and get high with prescription drugs that I would steal from drugstores.

• get on GAG

• I'd meditate. So much silence... mmm :)

• Take all the spam I could get

• Study on how to clone myself

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 9

• I'd probably be attacked by a bear or something if I don't watch out, so, I'd get some mace and a gun.
    I'd then cry because I know thousands of animals are going to die in factory farms, homes, shelters etc because no one can let them out.
    So, I'd drive to the nearest shelter and feed them then another and another and another and maybe the zoo too.
    There's no need to worry about food or water because I will find canned goods for a long time. However, I'd try to find a good greenhouse for veggies and gardens as well. Then, I'd set up my own piece of land and eat those vegetables and have a few horses and other animals. And I'd read many books on how to trains dogs to protect me (maybe I'd just go save the dogs from the kennels that breed those type, get the ones that are already trained)
    I'd get a radio, a bunch of batteries (you never know!)
    I'd also read lots of articles, books, watch videos on what I should be doing and save those documents (picture, print, etc) and if I could find a way to set up my own solar electricity thing, I would so I could warm water for baths and food and also heat my home and the farm barns.

Summary: I'd research what I should be doing to set myself up for long term sustainability. And I'd try to save a lot of animals. And live on my farm. :)

• steal the nicest car I find and travel somewhere nice and get like a hundred pets ❤ and when I get bored Id just repeat

• Wow, this is such a depressing question. I don't know if I could handle this. Certainly not alone. If I had my boyfriend with me then I think I'd be okay, but being by myself I'd miss him too much. I'd probably go crazy.

• The loneliest person in the world...

• post a gag question about it

• Surround myself with cats then probably kill myself

• Revel in the fact that I no longer have to shave my legs or pluck my eyebrows.

• you're a feminist tho. You already dont do that

• @Joesyyyywhales you shouldn't talk about things you don't know or understand. It just makes you look even stupider.

• Only three days? Ugh well I don't know. Sleep probably.

• Take care of as many dogs that I can