Do you believe in destiny?

in our life there are lots of good and bed cases. we often say that what happened was necessarily had to happen. when we are getting married we believe that our husband is our destiny. and many different cases like these. how do you think, we create our owns future or there exist destiny which will come to us no matter what?

Most Helpful Guy

• Totally believe Destiny. Though I personally wouldn't call it that.

I imagine life as if it's a massively impressive computer program. With any given situation or function, there are only a set amount of choices one can make. Using ones knowledge and experiences that weren't entirely decided upon by said individual (because this begins at inception, and who remembers their first few years?), the individual will make a decision based on these variables. Therefor I conclude we have the illusion of choice, but we make these choices always based on things that came before. Like I said before, this goes back to the point where we made no thoughtful choices and were being shaped by our environment around us.

So as I see it, everything I do, say and think is a result of everything that came before me in some way or form (whether I can immediately realize it or (MORE LIKELY) not). I'm particularly inclined to make certain decisions whether good or bad and any effort I make to change these decisions are also probably a result dealing with these decisions.

This goes against what most want to believe these days though it seems. And I think I get why, the idea that I have no real control over my life seems scary and sad... but I encountered that thought based on my experiences and I'm a bit stuck in a thought circle.

Maybe it's not just one or the other, but a little bit of both? A lot comes in a destiny like way, but we are given a few choices to make... but a lot relies on luck and randomness. Such as when a situation presents itself where you feel like the choice is 50/50. Then you might flip a coin and go with it that way. You could say it was your choice to flip a coin?

Or maybe Destiny and non-destiny are actually the same thing and we're trying to oversimplify it too much, just confusing the matter and creating a needless argument.

• very good answer! :)

• Indeed, looking back, our life is the result of a multitude of decisions , some big , some small, most uninformed. "If I had known..." Many variables not fully understood.
      Eg. : I had not the slightest idea about average *real* income by profession when I left HS I didn't know much more about it when I applied for my first job. In this country people are more discrete about their income than about the size of their dick. Many companies explicitly forbid by contract their employees to reveal their wage.

What Guys Said 20

• Your future is limited or widened by your background.
    If your parents were lower class, it will be harder to become middle class.
    If your parents were middle class, it will be hard to become upper class.
    Some exceptional persons have the brains , energy and/or the mere luck to do better.

Your spouse will probably be the same class as you or your parents. And you'll probably meet him or her in your neighborhood or school.
    But if the dad is abusive, girls tend to pick a guy who's abusive.
    If the mom is controlling, guys tend to pick a girl who's controlling.
    UNLESS they analyzed their parents knowingly and revolted, started looking knowing who to avoid.

If you want to call it 'destiny' that's up to you. But it is NOT some Invisible Hand guiding your 'fate'.

Thus you create your own future within some limits. Some of these are in yourself, others are imposed by society.

• Not one bit , both of my grandmas died the same week my dad died , the following day my dad died found out the girl I was seing was fucking two other guys at the same time , then had a OCD breakdown and family lost all money , couldn't work cause my mental health hit the wall. However crawled my way back to finishing a degree , getting my physique back (I dropped 20kg$ when I had OCD , put that muscle back on and also have a good paying job coming my way. Destiny what a crock of sh^t , just work hard

• No. I don't. I believe that destiny is only brought on by one's own day to day decisions. Thinks only happen in accordance to the choices that we make.

• I belive in G-d who as already made everything to be, it just has to happen. While we control parts of things there is nothing we can do to stop his will.

• i dont believe in destiny, i think its more important to believe in yourself

• Destiny believes in me

• Depends on whether or not determinism is true. If it is then everything happens the way it was meant to based on all prior events.

• I think we make our own destinies... so YES

• I mean I don't believe in destiny much, but if Destiny brought me you I would lol

• There is no such thing as destiny.

• I think there is something in this because some people have great lives where as others like myself are lonely and miserable! I have never had a girlfriend and I think it is because it was never my destiny, I am not sure what my destiny is but it would be nice to find out.

• i have never had a boyfriend but i don't think that i'm lonely or miserable! i'm sure you have friends and you will find your soulmate :* don't be depressed

• I don't believe in destiny in terms of faith/spirituality.
    But if there is only one timeline in our universe it is a logical assumption that everything would always happen the same way because of how the universe works.

• Nope I believe in coincidences and statistics

• Destiny does not exist, we create and are responsible for our own actions, perceptions, and in turn our realities both future and present

• I believe in destiny! ❤️

• NOPE.

• No destiny is a lie which has been created by people who dont want to see their faults.

• Yes 100%

• no such as destiny.

• no. I believe in caring government and people.

What Girls Said 3

• I believe that we create our future with our own hands.
    Even our less important choices and actions are connected to the main future events.
    Destiny? That's what people blame for when they can't do something or when they didn't achieve something.
    The truth is that we are main creators of our destiny and our life.
    I am responsible for my life, for my success and for my mistakes, not destiny or any other supernatural powers.

• Yea I do believe

• not really