Why tf is it when I order a cheeseburger do restaurants automagically think I mean I also want onions, lettuce, mayonaise and tomatoes?

Who ever told you I want greens? This stuff all tastes like what it tastes like when I have an allergic reaction!

Not to mention I always make sure to say I want a PLAIN cheeseburger and they still manage to fuck it up! Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because usually that's what everybody orders and expects to have on a cheeseburger. However if you did order one way and they give you another, you need to speak to the manager if they are there, and tell them what happened. You have the right to get your money back. And if they refuse, don't go to that place again. You do not to patronize a place that does not take consideration to every customer, because of one measly mistake from an employee, who does not know how to follow directions and simple basic instructions. If they can't handle your order, another employee should take over. There is no excuse for it, but at the same time you need to get the manager if this is a continuous offense, or don't step foot in that restaurant.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depending on where you're going, that's the standard burger. Some places let you customize (Harvey's, South Street), others have a standard set of toppings (A&W, Wendy's, Burger King) that you have to ask them not to put on.

If they fuck it up, TELL THEM.

What Girls Said 7

• A lot of places have cheese burgers with those things included always. That is "plain" to them. try saying you want a burger with cheese, nothing else.

• I do that and they screw it up still :'( so tough being a carnivore rabbit

• It's probably their standard. Just ask for a plain burger, with no mayo, lettuce, onions, and tomatoes. Like, I see you said you did but repeat it to whoever is taking your order and verify that's what they wrote down. I've rarely had an issue where they messed up my order.

• Probably because you don't need a "special order"

• Yes, probably. Some people like what comes with it (lettuce, tomato, pickle, mayo). I can't stand mayo, so I always ask for that off. I like tomatoes, but not on burgers because it made it too messy. So I just asked to take what I want off.

• That's like being upset that Ceasar salad has anchovies in it.

• Explain that analogy cuz I don't get it lol

• That's true, so don't go to that place again or you could just put on your big boy panties and eat what's given to you.

• Psshtt nah

• It's part of the recipe, so if you don't want them you must tell them.

• It's just the typical stuff they put on it. Just ask them to make sure there's nothing else on it

• That is what a "plain" burger is. If that's what it comes with originally then just ask them not to put onions, lettuce, mayonnaise, and tomatoes.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 12

• What state are you in? Some places, CA, especially, put that sht on everything!! I HATE IT!!
    Why would you ruin a perfectly good burger putting Mayonnaise, lettuce and tomatoes on it? What idiot thought that up!!
    Burgers are beef!! You want to taste the beef, not the sht the cow was eating!!!

• Missouri, I think it's an everywhere thing

EXACTLY! There needs to be a place for us carnivores, too! Cheeseburger is just cheese and burger!

• I actually just started to make my own sausages. I have a grinder, and a book and tried some 'basic' recipes. BORING!!
      Looking at making something interesting and Minnesota, where I live!! Wild rice, for sure, maybe chick thigh (REALLY CHEAP) and something exotic, maybe, like venison.. . .
      Who knows? A few months to deer season to figure it out!!

• Venison I hear tastes similar but is both healthier and more tasty

• Because those are the ingredients that are specified in the menu. Spit is extra.

If you dont want something you should say so. However, I suspect if you say "no spit please" you might get double spit.

• I do be specific, as said in the update (I know you probably didn't see it in time tho)

• You are correct I didn't see that haha wow thats so unfortunate. I guess it must have been a big chain because they seem like they get a lot of customers so they dont care about pleasing them anymore.

• Ahh. Yeah, they're pretty big, that makes sense

• THAT'S A STUPID FUCKING QUESTION... Because that's what a cheeseburger has in it... No one tells you what you should eat... Just ask for them not to put what you don't like... But don't be mad if they make you a cheeseburger the way it is originally

• El bastardos!

• Exactly. please change everything for me ASAP cuz I won't tolerate this injustice!

• I always mention to leave that stuff off.
    I then ask for bacon, pickles, barbacue sauce, and hot peppers

• Read the menu so you know WHAT COMES ON IT, instead of assuming it doesn't. Then you can say "no crap I don't want". If it doesn't have all that on the menu, send it back. Plain and simple.

• They didn't specify on the menu and I ordered it plan!

• If you ordered it plain then send it back. They screwed up.

If it doesn't specify on the menu then stop eating at fast food places, or just *ask* since you already know every place adds a bunch of crap you don't want.

• Because that's what comes on it. If you didn't want it you should have said so, you know be like “Can I get that with just cheese" why would you think your server is a mind reader? That's just stupid. A closed mouth doesn't get fed.

• Nah nah I do tell em and they still fuck it up!

• As someone who manages a kitchen I find that extremely hard to believe.

• Well believe what u want good sir but they give it to me and when I try to check the bag cuz it's a recurring experience, my mom is already driving off

• Its your responsibility to say that. You think a fast food place shoudl ask every single person if they want each item individually? LOL

• Nope, it's just that cheeseburger involves just cheese! And a burger in the word! Yo no understando!

• because thats the recipe dude, do you know what that is?

• Be more specific about what you want. Problem solved.

• Except I do that, cuz apparently they don't get. I say I want a PLAIN cheeseburger and i really enunciate the plain part and still they fuck it up!

• Because that's what comes on the burger dude :-) tell them what you want on it when you order!

• Then don't go back to the restaurant and make sure you tell they're manager that you asked for one thing and received another. Tell them you'll never come back and your telling your friends don't come and I guarantee the manager will make sure it never happens again. You might even get a free burger

• Yeah same issue here, I don't like lettuce, tomatoes or onions.

• Cause you probably tell them you want a Royale with Cheese 😂