How do you clean your ears?

I do mine with a cotton bud, even though everybody says you're not supposed to. I don't know how they clean their ears.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've always cleaned my ears with q-tips/cotton buds, never had a problem. I always try to "pull/scrape" the wax out, and make no contact when pushing the q-tip back in. That way I'm not just pushing and spreading the wax all over in there. I also use ear candles which essentially suck ear wax out of your ear. I use them about twice a year. Basically, you lay on your side, put one end in your ear, and light the other end with a lighter. Very simple, and very effective! Look them up!

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not supposed to clean them, the wax is there for a reason, it'll dry up and fall out. But as I have small ear canals I get my ears cleaned annually by suction. It's not the most pleasant experience, but if I don't get it my ears get blocked up and it hurts my ear drums.

What Guys Said 5

• Cleaning isn't necessary. Any wax in there, is there for a purpose. Only if it becomes excessive, like you have muffled hearing, should you do something, but then only under medical supervision.

• I have an ear irrigation kit.
    Use it once a month.

• Q-tip. Leave some wax in to pevent infection.

• Q-Tips. Thats what I use.

• Ear Candle !

What Girls Said 2

• Cotton buds, then ever now and again I'll use like a baby wipe.

• I don't know how you call it, that little stick thing