Do you believe that if there were no religions, there wouldn't be nearly as much violence?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Religion is not the problem. The inherent evil of humanity is the problem.

Most Helpful Guy

• Religion isn't the problem, nor are weapons, or nations, anything but some few, that believe in some dogma, and blindly follow some BS!!
    I disagree with may of today's religious beliefs, but I would NEVER, EVER look at violence, and murder as a solution!! That is just blind ignorance an allegiance to a CULT!!
    There are no problems, no issues so terrible, so HUGE, that we, as a world, UNITED, cannot solve!!
    Only blind hatred, racism, ignorance and religious bias keeps us from having world peace, and feeding and educating all of the world's children!!

What Girls Said 6

• This depends on if you mean no religions and there never were any. Most of our laws and moral values even for non-religious people are based deeply in religion. Don't kill, steal, etc. So it could be said that without religion it would be more like the true animal kingdom, and that's a pretty violent place. We just wouldn't call it violent because it would be the only way we knew to exist.

• I feel like there would be less violence but a lot more suicide.

• Yes, I do. Some wars are caused by religion and by people who are intolerant and don't respect other people's religions.

• Terrorism, for the most part, is based upon religion. If religion didn't exist then we would still have crime, but not to the extent that we have now. It seems like whenever I watch the news, more and more people are being killed by ISIS, which is awful.

• Haha no, no way

Imagine me being a killer

I kill because I'm jealous of that person
    I kill because of blind anger
    I fought that other girl drunk
    I rob that person, cause I needed money
    I break in the house and attack the owners because they caught me
    I'm a rapist
    I'm a serial killer
    I'm a racist
    I'm a hooligan
    I pick a fight cause of road rage

I'm just naming other causes of violence. There's still going to be much violence, even without the religion gone

• Violence is largely a male problem, not a religion problem.

• And the dumbest answer goes to...

What Guys Said 9

• 99% of the violence isn't religious.

• Lol where did you get that statistic from?

• Also, pro-tip. Don't pull bullshit stats out of your ass next time lmao.

• Whats thousands compared to millions of people dying of different forms of violence? A small percentage.

I think they kill people because they are a different faction, not religion. The same reason nazis killed everyone who wasn't a nazi.

The purpose of terrorism is to cause terror. "Fear us, we can strike you and you cannot stop us"

Man this is childish. You won't change my opinion and I won't change yours. Lets agree to disagree and spend our evenings doing things that are fun, not arguing.

• No, humans by nature are confrontational, violent, power hungry, greedy and jealous. Greed and idealolgy would probably take over, as the primary reason for war but especially Greed, tree's, ore, oil, precious metals and stones, ancient artifacts, weapons, etc, so many reasons for violence and war, especially if it makes a profit.

FYI most if not all modern wars were fought because of ideology, greed and power.

• No. People would still have "group think" and an "us vs. them" mentality. People would still be extreme on ideas and beliefs. Religion is a scapegoat and an easy one because of how deep and personal it is.

• No. Violent people would just find another cause. Another excuse. Another dementia.

• no there still would be, but people would be more honest about why they are doing it

• Religion or not, there will always be violence unfortunately

• yeah

• At the core of all the current skirmishes in the world that I'm aware of lies religion.

• They'd find something else to fight about.