Insecure when I'm not wearing makeup?

I wear makeup evry day because I have acne, not terrible acne but pretty noticeable. I feel very insecure when I don't wear makeup. My boyfriend says that wearing makeup evry day is going to make my skin worse. When I don't wear makeup he says I am still beautiful but I feel vulnerable around him when I don't wear it and I try not to look straight at him when I'm not wearing it. He is so amazing and so accepting of me, so how can I get over this awful insecurity?

Most Helpful Guy

• You should force yourself then. In time, you will get more comfortable and gain more confidence, at least around your boyfriend. We all have insecurities and it takes a long time to get rid of them. Be patient and for the time being stop wearing makeup around your boyfriend and make a conscious effort to look him straight in the eyes.

Also, you should apply ice cubes twice a day all over your face. Don't apply the ice directly; wrap one cube up in a piece of cloth or tissues. Apply gently over the infected areas for like 3-5 minutes and when the cube is nearly done, slowly slide it across your entire face. I used to struggle with acne (especially blind pimples >.<) and I don't recommend any products whatsoever. I haven't tried them all, but I am generally against them. Ice and honey seem to work just fine. In the end, all we really need is patience, confidence, and self-acceptance.

I hope this helps. : )

Most Helpful Girl

• Look at yourself in the mirror and say u are beautiful until it is engrained in your mind. I was like u feeling insecure cuz I believed what people said when they called me ugly but I told myself that I was more that and was pretty until I believed it. Your boyfriend loves u for u and that is all that matters, he does not love just your face but all of you, your body, your heart and mind. Do not be insecure. I do not wear makeup and I am pretty not cuz of my looks but my insides are just a beautiful. It is what is inside that matters, not the outside.

• Thank you this is so true and I hope I can get to a place where I am 100% ok with who I am :)

• U will. It will take some time but it is worth it in the end cuz u will be happier.

What Guys Said 4

• Just be who you are
    And u have a caring boyfriend
    What else u need
    every one has insecurities
    Just try to overcome with

acne are temporary and i have seen girls with terrible acne who became very gorgeous now

Stay happy and enjoy life

• You just have to remember that nobody is perfect

• Ah well. Thats living in a man's world everyday. There is no 'makeup' to cover up his imperfections

• lol this is why i dont like women.. theyre so fake.. makeup, pushup bras, fake boobs, fake smiles...

how do any of you men really like women?

What Girls Said 3

• You should be proud of your appearance, even without makeup. Honestly makeup can make acne worse, especially if you have dry skin or sensitive skin. I would recommend not wearing makeup for a couple days of the week. (Even if it's after you get home from school, or work, or just to run to the corner store) Or try not wearing as much makeup. Ex: replace full coverage foundation with a light BB spf cream, don't use blush one day, replace bronzer with a light translucent powder, etc. Little changes that help your skin, and each time wearing a little less makeup will help your self esteem too Hopefully it'll help you learn to accept yourself and what you see in the mirror without all that makeup.

Makeup just enhances what we have naturally. :) I'm sure you look just fine without it. Your boyfriend is reassuring you that you look just the same to him without the mask.
    Don't be so harsh on yourself, you shouldn't be judging yourself or making yourself feel the way you do.
    It takes time, but you'll get more comfy and confident with your appearance.

Try it out. Best wishes!

• Thank you this is really helpful to me!! :)

• Your boyfriend is right the makeup will be vclogging up your pores. Which means more acne. I used to be the same then one day I just said fuck it , now I only wear it on occasions.

• He loves you, hun. I deal with acne too. Wash your face and use a astringent twice a day. Also, use a cay mask once a week too. I prefer Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque. eave it on for 10-15mins.