What book (s) do you recommend?

Sooooo, I want to start reading again-- I really don't like reading.

what books do you recommend? They could be in English or Spanish.

Thank youuuu!!!

You so pretty, you shine like a diamond in theeee skyyyyyyyy!

Most Helpful Guy

• To Kill a Mockingbird
    Pride and Prejudice
    Count of Monte Cristo
    Robinson Crusoe
    Any Sherlock book
    Twelve Against the Gods

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't like reading you should read something fiction.
    Slave To Sensation by Nalini Singh is an awesome gateway Paranormal Romance novel if you want to give a romance a try.
    Poison Princess by Kresley Cole is an equally awesome post-apocalyptic Urban Fantasy for Young Adults. This series is pretty popular it even has a video trailer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P1MTIRMj3M
    I love both of these authors so much. I hope you like them to. <3

What Guys Said 14

• 2|2
  • The Conformist, by Alberto Moravia. Portrait of early Italian fascism, unfortunately a lot in common with the current US---frightening

• My all time favorite series is The Old Kingdom by Garth Nix. It's listen as teen/young adult, but it is a really really great story.

Flowers for Algernon is also quite good.

• My personal list of books everyone should read, I found them all thoroughly enriching in a myriad of ways
    - His Dark Materials trilogy, Philip Pullman
    - Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk
    - Battle Royale, Koshun Takami
    - Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell
    - Steppenwolf, Hermann Hesse (this is originally German but a good English version is available)
    - The Satanic Bible, Anton Szandor LaVey
    - The Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde

• His Dark Materials is fantastic. I wish I could read that series again without knowing how it ends.

• @93stepsawayfromhome I loved it while I was reading it and it was brilliantly done, but it was only afterwards when I started writing my own religious fiction (which he influenced quite a lot) that I realised just how amazing it is, from the clever ways he wrote stuff to his loyalty to the source material of judeochristian mythology in ways most people wouldn't even pick up and the way he hybridised science and religion and government and all the good stuff, the guy does not get enough credit for being such a visionary

• Run baby Run the Nicky Cruz story

• I've been reading Arnaldur Indriðason's books lately. Icelandic writer, but his books are widely popular and have been translated into English. His stories are fascinating, but still not very complicated. Won't be your thing if you don't enjoy crime novels, though.

• Well... this is what I am reading right now:

1. Holy Bible: Proverbs is my favorite, but right now I think I am in Kings II.
    2. Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
    3. Meditations Marcus Aurellius

What I want to read: Course of Miracles.

• A Song of Ice and Fire

• Como água para chocolate

• Go set a watchman

• I recommend movies & TV.

• Dr. Sleep.

• The secret!

• the art of the deal by donald trump
    my new order, hitler's speechs. A book trump keeps at his bedside.
    www.weeklystandard.com/.../2001343

What Girls Said 7

• If you aren't a big fan of reading try the House of Night novels by P. C. Cast. The first book of the series is called Marked. They're still books, but it's simple and modern. It's a vampire book, but a different take on vampires than just sexy vampire vs rough sexy werewolf. It has some romance/sex in it, but it also has action, comedy, and a little mystery/horror. It doesn't focus on a love triangle or even romance, it's mostly the struggle the main character goes through in life with some bad shit going on around her. My mom, 11 year old sister, and myself all liked the series (and it has a lot of books, so if you enjoy it you don't get that crushing feeling when the book ends.)

• What genre do you like?

• Romance, crime novels

• Try Philippa Gregory. It's historical romance. Or you could try a book called Dead Heat. It's a crime novel.

• *Wasted by Marya Hornbacher
    *What Purpose Did I Serve in Your Life by Marie Colloway

Both aren't light or happy reading though.

• Any kind?
    You can read this short poetry book.
    It cost less than $1, kindle version.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J07CQT2

• Check out Stranger with my Face by Lois Duncan

• You should probably ask @guyngals <==== we need your help here haha

• Carmilla - J. Sheridan Le Fanu