Have you ever saved an animal?

Yesterday I saved a goldfishes life. The goldfish had swim bladder infection. When a fish has that in most cases they are upside down or side ways on the bottom of the tank and have trouble breathing. Looking like they are going to die/are dead. Some people suggested flushing the fish. Yet, I decided to try to save it while it still was breathing.

After doing a couple of things, a day later the fish was back to normal. It felt good knowing I helped an animal from death. Which is why I want to be a vet.
#SavingAnimalsOneAnimalAtATime haha

Have you ever saved an animal? If so, what happened?

Most Helpful Guy

• One time I shot an opossum in order to get it to stop eating out of my trash. In that instance I saved myself and my dog, who were both annoyed by that goddamn thing rummaging through the garbage at 3 in the morning.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, more than a few over my life.
    The most recent one was a next of 4 baby raccoons in the upper part of my garage. I saw a large raccoon wandering about my yard at night (my dogs always barked at it) but never knew where it'd gone.
    I was cleaning up some vines and spotted damage (a hole) in my garage. I waited until night fall when the mother raccoon wandered off, then I quickly took a flash light with my sister and took a peek.

Sure enough, 4 baby raccoons all hiding in an old wash bin. They were crying and I knew the mother would be back, so I left them be and called the humane society.
    They kindly took the baby raccoons and trapped the mother so she could be with them, and would stay away from my garage. It made me proud to save those little critters.

What Guys Said 5

• Quite a few. I have been taking in homeless cats and dogs for decades, as well as caring for sick and injured native animals.

• Several actually.

• I dont know if this is count or not, but i love to feed random stray cats around my home,

• not sure if i ever did. i ate a fish yesterday tough :-)

• i saved an owl. he broke his wing and we (me and my sister) helped him through and through

What Girls Said 8

• A cat came around our back garden last year and we watched him get skinnier and skinnier so we started feeding him and eventually took him to the animal shelter. He got adopted in just two weeks and now he lives with a family that loves him :D

We unfortunately have a new cat this year who seems to be having the same problem :/

• Yeah, I was at my great aunt's house when I was in high school and found a tiny, injured kitten trapped in the bushes. One of his eyes was a little messed up, and he looked malnourished and had scratches on him. I brought him inside and we nursed him back to good health. Took him to the vet too and got his shots etc. She still has him.

• Yeah, once when I was like 7 my mom ran over a bird, but she only got the wing somehow and it was in our yard. I was so upset and so we took it in and nursed it back to health and waited until its wing was all better, and then we let it go a few weeks later. I love that bird. I cried when it was able to fly away aha

• Might have helped one, can't recall

• I saved my dog by killing a turkey if that counts

• I chose not to kill an ant one time.

• yes many times... birds.

• Yes I've saved several, from helping lost animals find their homes to saving pelicans wrapped up in fishing line.