Is it bad that I thought the Rio 2016 Opening Ceremony Was Rubbish?

Brazilians, I'm sorry, but what on earth did you just do? Your government has embarrassed your country to the entire world. That opening ceremony was by far the worst I've seen! There is no chance that can come anywhere near London 2012 and Beijing 2008.

Beijing was stunning, London 2012 was sensational, and then you get to Rio 2016. Worst hosts, half finished venues, worst ever cheap opening ceremony, and the corrupt country. I hope every Brazilian is ashamed. Really cannot believe some of Brazilians are saying their opening ceremony was better than 2012 and 2008, how fucking embarrassing.

Rio will go down one of the worst ever games. Terrible country too. Well hey, at least the fireworks were decent.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it wasn't bad. I think they did the best they could.
    And I guess people aren't interested in watching the opening ceremony, they just want to see who wins the medals.

Most Helpful Guy

• I didn't watch it, but it's been widely reported that it would be nowhere near the spectacular opening of London, or some of the prvious games. There is a limit to what they could afford, and some Brazilians think too much was spent anyway.

Let's face it, it's not about who can put on the best opening, but who can be the best and win medals!

What Girls Said 1

• Even though it wasn't the best. Brazil still broke but definitely the fireworks and the torch were lit

What Guys Said 3

• I actually liked it more than the London opening, discounting Rowan Atkinson's performance. The Brazilians seemed to put in more heart in to the thing, whereas the Chinese were all about showing off large numbers and colors.

• I didn't even know the Olympics were on. I'm just happy football is almost back!

• I don't think the opening ceremony means shit
    If it were up to me i'd just skip all that crap and jump to the games