Why do I feel ugly and weird all the time?

Why do i feel ugly and weird all the time?
Most of time i feel so ugly and unwanted , like really ugly , i keep looking at myself in the mirror and i lose it and start crying.
All i see is beautiful girl with nice bodies , and i look like a freak , i feel like i'm not good enough for anyone.
What should i do? this makes me feel depressed all the time and sometimes i give up on eating and going out and i just lock myself inside my room so no one sees the monster i am.
Plus i'm not assertive and i lose it in social events.
Any help?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your picture looks pretty enough from what I can tell.

Both insecurity and confidence are cascading forces, you know?

If you have insecurities, you tend to behave in a way that makes people less welcoming of you. Then you tend to fuel the insecurities, and start looking for things to blame about yourself.

If you have confidence, you tend to behave in a way that makes people more welcoming of you. That tends to boost the confidence, and then you start to feel more and more attractive.

It's hard to break a vicious insecurity cycle which tends to operate like a downward spiral, but I'm thinking that's all you have. When you are reaching rock bottom when it comes to insecurity, you'll tend to think you're the ugly duckling even if you're a swan.

• Generally people who have spiraled downwards in terms of insecurity (which is usually more related to social behavior than anything else) will even have a fucked up way of looking in the mirror, zoning in on little things they hate about themselves that other people often won't even notice. If you're there, even the way you look at yourself at the moment is completely misaligned with how others perceive you.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you have time to be insecure then you need to be busier. Start working on things and get out of your head. One of my good friends always told me that when I was having a hard time in lacrosse, she'd tell me to look around and get out of my head. It helped me a lot.

What Guys Said 10

• No matter how ugly you think you are, you are amazing. Just being alive is amazing.
    Not only are you alive but are one of the only intelligent species on this planet, top of the food chain

You should treasure it, live to the fullest and not think too much about how you look

• Awww hey baby if thats you in your profile pic then I must say you seem to be very cute and beautiful... 😘😘
    Don't feel ugly cause you are not!!!

Can you change your profile pic and show your face completely also give me a Follow so that I that talk to you in pm

• You shouldn't
    I don't think you are ugly
    You should be confident about your looks
    Just chill and have fun
    And yep never give up eating
    Ok?
    Hope you got it

• Hmmm you need to learn to love yourself girl. Was self conscious about my big head but I am on the cute side of the game... Are you at least pleasant and agreeable?

• I was like this ( still am, kind of)
    I think you should get some courage and socialise more. It helps.

• Well according your profile you don't seem to be ugly i think you are ok just belive in yourself.

• I do all the time

• Don't feel ugly. You aren't

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• Sounds like you might need someone to talk to professionally if it's affecting you that much. It could be that you have social anxiety which is not your fault. If you are depressed, it's not your fault. It's okay if you need to get help because you shouldn't fight this alone.

• Because you have low self esteem.

If you want to make a change, start exercising. Even if you're thin, it'll do wonders to your mind and body. Exercising makes you feel more positive. You can still be thin and out of shape.

• But what if i can't exercise? i feel so tired all the time , like i don't have the guts to do anything

• I'll try

• I love you

• Looking at your picture, you look pretty! (Except the cigarette) I think it's all in your head.

• You need to learn how to love yourself. Know that you're beautiful the way you are, inside and out. You dont need to look like them to be beautiful, you only need to be yourself.

• I guess you just need to gain some self confidence. Maybe focus on everything that's good about you and not worry about the bad things