Should the president be allowed to get involved in the election if he isn't running for reelection?

• YesShould the president be allowed to get involved in the election if he isn't running for reelection?
  • NoShould the president be allowed to get involved in the election if he isn't running for reelection?
3mo I personally think it's fine but I think obama's overstepping his boundaries.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm just here for the cute little kid. Fricken adorable.

What Girls Said 10

• Of course.

• Yes. He has every right to say his opinion as much as you or I.

• I think it's fine cause when you're no longer the president and just a normal citizen I think you have a say like everyone else on who you want to rule your country.

• He is a citizen of the United States therefore he has the right to express his opinion

• I honestly wish Obama could get involved. I love him as president. But in general it would not be right.

• I love your baby pics.

• I'm inbetween. He has every right to give his opinion. But he should not openly tell people (as in campaigning) who to vote.

• Not to the extent Obama is. But... he is Hilliary's lapdog.

• Yes, as long as it's not illegal involvement.

• What exactly are you asking? What sort of involvement is he in?

What Guys Said 11

• What do you mean by "get involved"? The President has the same 1st Amendment rights as anyone elseto speak his mind. And, moreso, having taken an oath to protect the Constitution, he should definitely speak his mind if he feels a potential next President will not be capable or want to fulfill that same oath.

• He's still an American citizen and has every right to speak his mind, being president doesn't change that.

Being born in kenya does.

@Regulatus he is a documented United States citizen native of Hawaii, what his grandmother says doesn't mater:

I'll take granny's word over a computer generated forgery.

• A president doesn't give up his First Amendment right to free speech just because he's in office. He's sworn to uphold and defend that principle. As long as he doesn't violate any FEC rules, which are damn near impossible to enforce anyways, I see no problem.

• what do you mean by get involved?

• The President doesn't lose his right to speak his mind just because he is President.

• 1st Amendment :
    Freedom of speech

• I think it should be allowed but I view it as unclassy and beneath the dignity of the office of the presidency

• It's his opinion plus his allegiance

• no, due to his position he may be biased.

• Naturally people, anyone, should be allowed to endorse anyone else.

• yess