Do you feel safe in your country?

This question is up till i learn the safest country in the world !
Updated.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah definitely lol, no wars and shit and terrorist attacks and the like quite unlikely and a lot of police around so I guess it couldn't be much better :P

Most Helpful Guy

• ABSOLUTELY NO ONE AND NO WHERE IN THE WORLD IS TRULY EVER SAFE.

You're always under the illusion and delusion of safety and comfort, because unexpected and unpredictable horrible and tragic things CAN and WILL happen. It does NOT matter who you are and where you are. When you are in the WRONG PLACE at the WRONG TIME you could be done for just like that WITHOUT ANY WARNING WHATSOEVER.

Therefore enjoy a carefree life and live for the moment as you can't really know for certain that the safety and comfort you see before your very own eyes is actually working or would even last, regardless of where you are in the world.

Thanks for MHO! by the way, what do you think about what I said here @Unit1

My opinion is, that some places are safer and some are not so much.
      Iraq or Syria are shitholes, even muslims report, that they hate the ISIS.
      The safest place seems to be those, where the least attacks are being reported. Right now it's not so much Europe anymore as it used to be safer prior to the refugees.

But safety all in all is an illusion. You can only trust your 4 walls, floor, roof and your sturdy metal door, that will protect you from citizens. And even then, authorities can breach their way in if you are found as a suspect.

No real safety, you can still be found if you're extreme enough.

What Girls Said 33

• Yes. I'm also white so it helps

• Yes I do. Despite all the attacks, I do feel safe. Relatively

• In rural areas, kind of. If I go to a city, hell no.

• I'm going to have to say no I don't really feel safe. I live in a rural area and feel relatively safe there but I work in the city and don't feel even an ounce of safety other than the 1911 in my purse but in November I was separated from my purse and brutally raped by 3 men in the parking lot where I work.

• Oh no ! I am so sorry to hear it :(

• Yeah, as Muhammad Ali (rip) said, "I have One bodyguard"
    lol something like that.

• Muslim girl :)

• Oh girl there is nothing to be bothered :) i am just someone who always hides himself even in rl :) you just achieved to catch my attention once. that is how i know you :)

• haha ^ _ ^ well

• Yes of course.

• sure.. safe.. just like how i was attacked by a serial rapist when i was 16.. or how my friend was stabbed (survived) 3 years ago.. sure.. .. haha.. safe..

• to be fair, city's aren't safe no matter where you live, especially late at night..

• It depends on your neighborhood too. I feel safe enough in the US but not super safe in my specific neighborhood. Mad drunks and druggies. Also lots of old creepy loiterers.

• Yes, I do. Even though people are start talking about terrorism, which is normal nowadays.
    But I would say it's still a peaceful country.

• More or less, actually. My personal experience has been pretty chill. I've only been mugged once, and it was because I was really not paying attention to my surroundings... guy in a bike ran by and stole my phone right out of my hand. Sigh. I live in Brazil, by the way

• No. Not at all.

• Yes it's a great country

• What country are you talking about?

• Im American and the usa is racist

• @ikissedtheskyonce no a few people are. We on the whole are not.

• I feel safer where I am as compared to some other places but I do not feel like nothing bad could happen to me. Terrible things happen every single day and it is sad

• not at all, 3 terrorist attacks in a week in germany and also some bomb threat in my city a few times.

• Mostly I do. There's still this feeling of insecurity every time I go out in crowded places though... can't do anything about it.

• that makes sense you know, after all the stuff that has happened in France.

• Hollande hasn't done anything to secure the borders and make the country safer. He needs to go when the elections come up

• @chriss don't worry, I think he will. No one's voting for that same government again.

• Yeah I feel very safe in my country.

• In suburbia or rural areas i do. In the city no. In general yes. The U. S. has a decent military

• Absolutely not. And if Trump becomes president that fear is going to get bigger

• *Clinton

Fixed it for you, you're welcome.

• @gotc147 😂 okay an email scandal vs banning all Muslims from America because of the actions of few... let's start there

• Let's... Jimmy Carter did that back in the 70s, it is not unconstitutional and it is 100% the President's job to prevent people from entering the country who might pose a national security risk.

If you're given a bag of 100 M&M's and are told 3 of them are poisoned, are you going to eat any of them?

• Yes, very safe.

• I feel safe, I live in an awesome place

• I'm a paranoid person when I'm alone. It's probably safe, but I'm just easily scared

• most of the time

• I do, most of the time

• Yes, but that's all going to change when the new president gets elected.

• Kinda

• Not the entire country but my town is very safe.

• It depends on where I am and what time it is. But for the most part, yes.

• Of coarse I do.

• Yes.

• yes i do.

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 31

• Yes, very safe. I'm from Switzerland and well... it doesn't get much safer than Switzerland hehe ;-).
    www.thelocal.ch/.../report-switzerland-is-worlds-safest-country
    Some foreigners would perhaps find life here a little boring but on the up-side, it's incredibly safe. We don't have any real poverty and thus also no "bad neighborhoods".

• Yeah seems pretty safe in Australia. I can usually walk around on the streets at 2am or so, and not feel threatened about being mugged or killed. There are a few shady suburbs which I avoid, though.

• Nah, the citizenry is armed, the cops fear me, courts have a bad record dealing with people who look like me and some of my vanilla-skinned peers hate that I just said all that or reject it entirely even though I have nothing but love for them and my opinion has no malice.

• I feel plenty safe, I live in a place where a lot of people carry guns, you'd have to be suicidal to try something here.

• Yep, it's pretty easy going throughout most of the USA and I live in a pretty safe place. On an international scale no one really wants to tangle with us. They posture to complain, but in the end the negotiate. Most nations get stepped on or rolled over, we tend to get our way.

• I feel safe, yes, as long as I'm not on the highway.

• I think my country is the safest out there despite all the bashing we get

We are friendly
    There is no racism
    High morals
    Lots of traditions
    We're like one big family

Couple murders a year, mostly gang related
    No serial killers
    No rapes

We do have a problem with domestic violence

• We also don't have natural disasters.. An earthquake every 50 years or so but nothing major

• So many serbians want to emigrate though?

• @pooper89 there's little work. Most of them would stay if there was enough work, and most of them return eventually

• I feel very safe in the UK.

• In the main cities yes. In crowded places yes. But in a rural area with oh so few people no.
    Robbers steal and threaten on killing a lot here (phone stealing is very common) so yeah. I try to keep out. Lately a new law was confirmed which made me really happy. They will start shooting robbers who carry deadly weapons around. Which is better. They should learn to stay in their places now.

• Oh it seems most American live in rural areas most of them talk about it:/

• I'm not American xD but if I compare my country to america then mine is way more safer.
      We have gun control. The only weapons someone could have are melee weapons such as knives, daggers etc..

• Argentina would probably be the safest in the world. Or Switzerland.

I feel pretty safe but not Switzerland safe

• Yeah I live in a very rural area too so like not many people exist out here.

• I live in Canada. I'm safe.

• yes, the only thing i fear in this world is the disconnect between the people and those in power

• Yes I do

• No, I don't.

• Yes i do.

• Yeah, I do.
    Though I've had a couple of close calls with wild animals

• Less and less by each passing day.

• yeah mostly. if i dont go in bad neighborhoods.

• For suuuuure! There is not one place coast to coast where I wouldn't feel safe.

• No, I dont.

• Yes. I'm also white so it helps

• Yeah.

• I feel like an angry bird.

• Dont know

• As a teenage African American boy I don't. I don't like the fact that I want down the street in my flash t-shirt and people go out of their way to avoid me. I live in a quiet neighborhood. I walked down the street and two gay men were holding hands while walking their dogs. ( Fun fact: they are both about 6'1 or so because they were my height and taller) They both basically walk into the street to get out of my way. I live close to a police officer and he isn't exactly the best person. He brings his squad car home and parks on his lawn. He can be seen drinking beers in uniform. He stairs at me when I go for run around the block. I don't feel safe period, while people avoid me because of my color and I don't like that. I'm only 16, with no criminal record, my associates degree, and treasurer of the school choir. I'm not a bad guy.

• The area I'm in, I feel relatively safe. We've been robbed (unarmed), but that's about it. If we lived about 20 minutes west of where we live now, we'd be in a city where you really don't want to be in. But yeah, I feel safe here in the U. S.

• Yup! (Australia)

• Yes I do

• More from Guys
    1