Do you believe skin color is the reason some police use excessive force?

So there has been a lot of police brutality cases in the US lately, lots of people have been killed by police for almost no reason.
Some people believe that its a race issue, while others believe it has nothing to do with race. I just want to know what you believe

• People are getting shot by police because of racism. If they were white, they would probably be alive
  • The police are just doing their jobs. Its not a race issue, if you obey the officer then you will be fine. Its simple
  • Its not about race, White people get shot by cops for no reason too
  • other
I'm obviously not talking about the entire police force. I'm talking about the white cops who were involved in brutality cases.
The people who think all cops are bad and racist, are retarded

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm very mixed on this. Police brutality is a problem. Period. Yes, the media is reporting case by case and these recent cases involved black people.

There has also been cases, that involve police brutality against other races (hispanic, white). I'M NOT SAYING THAT POLICE BRUTALITY ISN"T A MAIN ISSUE AGAINST THE BLACK COMMUNITY RIGHT NOW!

I'm sorry for the caps, but I'm so tired of sjw's coming for me like I'm taking anything away from the blm movement -__-*

What Guys Said 17

• I'm not convinced that it is. Whenever there's a story of another BLM protest over a black man being shot over there it always seems to be the same story - they talk about what a good innocent guy he was, show a picture from when he was about 12 looking all innocent, and it turns out he has a rap sheet as long as your arm. Meanwhile the large majority of black people get killed by other black people. It seems that to these BLM groups the only time black lives really matter is when a white cop shoots a known criminal. I think police brutality is a problem and with the number of bent cops I don't always trust them, however they (BLM types) have this anti-cop, anti-white mentality and of course such people are going to get shot when they threaten the lives of cops.

• Oh? Why would you say a thing like that?
    https://i.imgflip.com/16g74z.jpg
    You'd have to be blind not to see that it does, even unarmed people are getting shot even when laying down hands up in the middle of the street.

• NOT ALL WHITE COPS ARE RACISTS!!! But If someone can fire a whole clip into a mans chest and claim they didn't mean to or if cops can get off for breaking a mans spine with vacation pay, then maybe, just maybe there's something wrong. I don't watch fuckry I stay to myself, idont watch news , don't have social media (lots of negative shit there), and I try to keep my body in tip top shape... Dont forget link up with old friends. This world sucks and sadly some humans of all races are ignorant as fuck...

• Personally, 99.99% of the time if you don't do something stupid and obey the cop, you will be fine.

• If Cops already think you going to be violent there not gonna take any chances, a cop might act different if white guy reaches into his pocket than if a black guy reaches in to his pocket.

We do the same thing since 9/11 now if a guy with a turban walks a plane everyone has their eye on him before 9/11 no gave a damn about middle eastern people being on a plane.

• Sketchy people get shot that's the truth. Their are probably more native and black street people than any other race and many smoke crack and drink and don't listen that's why they get shot. Rich coke heads probably run their mouth and can be similar I suppose. It's usually people high, drunk, poor or sketchy that get shot

• Yes, let's not ignore that it's racism. But sometimes those "races" play the victim card and pretend. There's no doubt about some cops being racist have having excessive force on coloured individuals. But it's not cops as a majority.

• Usually it's because of some level of resistance

Basically distrust between the two aforementioned parties has led to the situation we have here today

• I'm white as a ghost and have been harassed by the police while living in southern california. It's not a race thing, it's a cop thing. The police need better training and we need to deal with all the corruption in the police force.

• Black men are seen as a threat because the media calls them violent, but unless your black you won't know what it's like just like being a women I have no Idea what it's like to be harassed all day by men, I only know what it's like to be seen as a threat every where I go :/

• In these unfortinatant cases I would say that racism is acting like a room full of propane; It's fine as long as there's no sparks. these killings wouldn't occur if no problem existed, but I belive in most cases, They'd be in prison instead of 6 feet under.

• I wish it was number 1 in our society, but sadly it's not.

Ha ha. Take that liberals! lol

• Don't commit crime. Then you'll have no problem with police.

• Yeah, US police just like to shoot black people

• Aren't there twice as many whites shot by police yearly than blacks? It just doesn't do as well on national television. The media knows it will rile people up.
    Then you have the fact that minorities do tend to do way more than their fair share of violent crimes and also hate police. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize why cops might be on edge around some versus others.

• Your argument makes no sense if white people are more of a threat than black people then shouldn't the police be more afraid of them?

• I like how you, yet again, glossed over everything I've said to push your narrative. "W/e" lol
      I'm trying to figure out where the disconnect is here. Rationality, I guess.
      I just said that it's understandable why cops might be on edge a bit more around blacks versus whites. If you are a rational human being, you'd understand too.
      I feel like if I took race out of it and made a analogy, you'd understand a bit better. I think the race angle is clouding your judgment.

• When having a discussion on the Internet their are bound to be miss understandings, but let me just stat my point out right. In poor countries police still end up killing people even if there are no racial barriers. It comes down to class, if you can't find work your more likely to rob and commit crimes, and the police will frequent those poor areas more, but in American most black people live in poverty so police are going visit those areas more. And because it looks like police are just targeting black people instead of poor people every now assume that all black people are violent instead of just being poor.

• I've seen a whole lot of people getting shot or handled roughly by police lately but what a lot of people fail to see/mention is that those people are resisting arrest and disobeying simple things like the officer telling them to hand over their license and registration. If u only go by the stories the media puts out then yes it's obviously all about race. But if u go by what's ACTUALLY happening, it's all races. Yes some police are on a massive power trip in this country and it's a problem. But no it doesn't appear to be targeted at any specific skin color.

• No, I don't. I believe the police use excessive force when they are dealing with an non-compliant suspect. I also believe that the United States has become divided and fed up with the way social justice groups go about politicizing these things and how the media seems to race bait and focus on half truths. Most police officers are doing a job. There are of course bad officers, but that is the exception not the rule.

• an African American man who was protesting about this was actually invited to see what it is like to be in the situation the cops are in. After his "simulation", he actually agreed that it wasn't because a racism (because the man was unarmed), but because it was to defend himself from the man agressivly moving toward him even after he said stop. Lots of the stories are like this. If you look up the number of people killed by police based on race, whites are killed a LOT more than African Americans, its just that the media loves to report African American deaths.

What Girls Said 18

• Cops usually protect us. A few retards shouldn't make the entire police force look bad.

• Hey if it happens everyday then they should at least do something about it.

• I voted C due to how cops treat my cousin who is white. One point they stormed his house and had all guns on him for no reason at all. They basically held his past against him, which is what cops do now.

It's not race that they hold against these people, it's their criminal past.

• Even though my cousin has improved greatly they still harass him from time to time. :(

• He probably was a drug dealer or gang involved then

• @Nomad69 He wasn't at all, he had a drinking problem at one point and a really bad temper.

• I've seen some pretty disturbing youtubes of police brutality with excessive force. Then again, I was sent a youtube recently with what police in America have to deal with every day. Pretty horrendous stuff. I think that the cops are so on edge and wound up in what happens every day (depending on where their beat is) that they just go overboard and go mental. Just my own opinion.

• Yes. White American cops have been eagerly assaulting and murdering black people for centuries. The only people who can't seem to see this clearly are some white Americans who seem to be sheltered, living in a bubble, or playing stupid.

• Deaf people have been shot before for no reason as well, regardless of race. I don't know what to think of it other than it is pure idiocy.

• News stories only talk about when black people are shot and killed by police but never talk about it when people of other races are. I saw something that had the numbers on it and more white people were shot and killed by police this year. I think it's kind of ignorant to say that its about race when we all know that a lot more goes on in this country than we know about.

• I would be interested in seeing an article on how these people where killed on maybe some video evidence too, because if there was more case where white people where shot by police there would be more video than the black cases.

• I don't know much about this 😕

• People who think discrimination and racism doesn't exist in today's time need to stop the denial

• Let's call a spade a spade and stop sugar coating and water downing post American racism!

• Im convinced race plays a part in it. Though I have personally never seen a video online of a black person being mistreated by police without resisting arest (verbaly or physicaly).

• Race does play a part in America but in other companies police shoot innocent people because there police:/ so either way if you give a man gun he will eventually use it.

• It depends of the cop.

• Skin color definitely sways their actions.

• There are some racist cops, but most are not. Yes to some degree

• Found a lot of racists here

• No but black people acting like overly emotional cunts is

• I think there are stereotypes that black people are criminals and based on that, there are police injustice

• If you give a person a gun he's gonna eventually use it, especially if he thinks you're poor and prone to violence.

• It has nothing to do with race. If there is any more abuse on blacks than whites it's because there are more black people in low income neighbourhoods than white people.
    Also, statistically, there are more cases of violence of black people harming white people than there are cases of white people harming black people so I don't know why the fuck Black Lives Matter is a thing

• There are countless stories of black men and women who do exactly what the officer wants and still get beaten/shot.
    In fact, a couple days ago on the news there was a black man wheeling a disabled black child across the street. The boy had a water gun, and the police stopped saw from across the street. They told the care-taker to put his hands up which he did (video evidence) but they shot the disabled boy anyway.
    There are dozens of these stories and let me tell u: it never happens to white guys in business suits