"Money doesn't buy happiness." Agree or disagree?

• Agree
  • Disagree
I agree and disagree
3mo who agrees or disagrees or both?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't buy happiness at all. Dad told me yesterday something important. You make your happiness by your own. Its only YOU. If you are happy with what you have (let it be a lot or not) then you will be happy. Because happiness comes within yourself. But you might have EVERYTHING and you still would want more and more. Are you happy? No. Why? Because you aren't convinced of what you have. You aren't satisfied. Just like some celebrities who can be comedians and millionaires but they will end their own lives by suicide. Why? But they were happy!!! Or that's what it looked like. Its because they weren't happy within themselves. They had an empty life. An empty life in which all the money can't make them happy.

• BUT i must add that if you DO have money then that would make your life at least better by making you more relaxed and you can do more things. So to SOME POINT it can help you be happy.

Thanks for the MHO 😊

What Guys Said 27

• My favorite quote of all time about this topic, is a quote from a song by the rapper Fabolous:

"Money don't buy happiness, but it's a damn good down payment"

• My first year psych professor opened up to the class with, "Money might not buy happiness; but, it makes a helluva down payment."

• My father grew up in the slums of South Africa he saw a man attack another with a machete for a loaf of bread. Being rich may not be the best thing on the planet, but being so hungry, due to being poor, that you turn to harming another man for a loaf of bread isn't what I would consider being happy either. So I disagree

• I agree to an extent there is a point where additional money won't add happiness. for me a quick bite to eat with friends goes a long way.

• Satisfaction does and money can bring it most of the time. 99% that is.
    If you have money, you can travel, you can buy anything you ever want, you can look super good, you can help others charity/donations wise, you can do a lot with money. So yeah. But for the one condition which is satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with the things money buys you, if you are not convinced then in that case, in your case, money will not buy you happiness.

• Money doesn't buy happiness? Come to dubai habibti

• Not necessarily. But it does give you a door to walk through to find happiness.

• People who say that should give me their money so I can prove them wrong

• There was a study on this, they found that up to a certain point money made you happier.

• Money provides less financial worries. So naturally if you have to worry less you are more at east in your life. But that doesn't mean money itself makes you happy. It just means you aren't stressed out because you are lacking it.

• Agree. It can't buy true happiness and even then it's usually only temporary. It doesn't matter what you want because once you get it, you want something else

• Disagree...
    That's valid for love. Not hapiness. But those two are indeed close.

• It doesn't buy happiness but it gives you the means to build your own happiness.

• Money can only make you so happy. You have to make yourself happy.

• Sadly.. it buys happines.

• it doesn't buy happines, but buy stability. then happines might come your way

• up to a certain limit

• The right answer is "Money doesn't buy happiness always".

• I'd be pretty darn happy if I had some real money right about now.

• can be true but still, have you ever seen twitch's poker channel?

• I disagree, smart human can be happy with lots of money, only a stupid person would waste such opportunity.

• disagree

• It depends

• yes and no

• poverty sure as hell doesn't buy it.

• I don't know about anyone here but if I had a lot of money I'd be damn happy.

• Money buys things that make you happy.

• Statistically people who spend money on experiences (travels for example) are happier than people who spend money on things (phone, car, etc)

• @FakeName123 --I was including everything. House, car, vacation. charitable donations, etc.

What Girls Said 27

• wow to all the people that chose disagree, it can buy happiness to a certain extent but it can't buy you love. speaking from experience I had a lot of money to spend a certain time in my life because well I got lucky, so I bought things I always wanted, could afford anything I wanted and actually still have them. but im not really happy, im more sad than anything. too bad you can't have love with money thats meaningful.

• Whoever invented this quote must have never had the life changing broke decision to say guacamole or not on their burrito bowl each trip to chipotle I see.

• Money can't buy happiness directly.. but it can buy Skyrim..
    And what's the difference again?

• Money usually gives people the freedom to find happiness

• Temporarily sure, but not long term

• People who say that shit ain't never been broke.

• Money does buy me happiness. My happiness is buying food and making my parents happy with my love AND buying them what they want, so yes.

• It depends on my opinion. I do think it does to a certain extent because being in financial difficultly is depressing, stressful and it's upsetting tbh

• According to economists it does

• I agree but I feel like it would definitely help improve your life.

• depends on the persons circumstances

• all of u saying no, gimme all ur money thanks

• Agreed! Infinity

• Donate a million bucks to me and I'll test it out for you 😏

• I agree but we do need money still

• It doesn't buy happiness but I would rather be unhappy & rich then unhappy & poor.

• In an ideal world, yes. But not in the one we live in.

• Money buys plenty happiness. Oh lawd if only i had money.

• Money = shopping. Shopping = happiness
    so Money = happiness

• People who say that just don't know where to shop.

• Not necessarily but It does buy financial security

• DISAGREE. I'm happy as hell with my new wardrobe

• Yeah cuz who would want financial stability

• Can money but me Batman?

• It's the closest alternative to happiness

• Never dear.. money and happiness are two extremes. Happiness bring money, but money doesn't bring happiness

• Bullshit

• Id rather cry in a mansion instead of a trailer. 😭
    I disagree. It buys unhappiness!

• Disagree