My new HS life sucks?

I moved to a new high school and it sucks, it's been a year and I still haven't made any friends. And the ones I've made are loners like me. I'm just so shy and depressed. I feel lame and embarrassed. I'm not one of the "cool" kids who parties and is really attractive. My family and friends from my old town say I'm pretty and I think I'm kinda attractive. But I'm still really shy and haven't been able to focus on myself without comparing myself to other girls that I'm jealous of. It's hard. My grandpa says I'm cute right now but when I get older I'll be beautiful like my mom. (Basically saying I'll "glo up") I'm using this website as my outlet because I have nobody to talk to. It's hard to be the "cool kid" because the cool kids have everything, smarts, humor, fun, they can dance. They get attention from guys/girls. I just feel so down

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll be starting High School this September. So I can't give you experience for high school, but I can give you Real. Life. Advice. The only way all your HS problems are going to be fixed... is if you put effort into it. I don't know what it's like being shy.. I've always been a quick witted and sarcastic person who speaks his mind when ever he wants. But you need to get confidence. Attempt to make friends with someone who's not popular, but just understands everything well enough to have a "decent" HS life. And from there, you'll slowly graduate from "loner" to "Mrs. IWishIWasHer". I try to make friend with everyone. Me personally, I purposely include the loner people and MAKE them talk to others. It really helps. So just get that confidence. For your benefit.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Well as you said. Your friends are like you. And your not going to be 'the cool kid' if you don't even talk to anyone. You just need to build your confidence up :)

• I think you should try talking to a bunch of people.