If you were given the chance to be the president of your country for a day with absolute power, would you take it? What would you change if you did?

Absolute power as in the power to enforce, rectify or completely rescind any law immediately. Would you take the chance to be the president (or whoever is the equivalent is in your country)?

• Yes. I would. And this is what I would change...
  • No. I wouldn't.

Most Helpful Girl

• oh definitely yes, and i would have 5 decisions that would (hopefully) fix the country. (warning: your nose will bleed o. o)

1. brutally reinforce anti human trafficking efforts and allow use of lethal arms and kill them all, no survivors!! >:)
    2. have all rapists in jail and on death-row publicly executed by ingesting sulfuric acid, all recorded on national and international news networks
    3. restart decades old "postponed" political lawsuits and have despicable ex-gov figures like Gloria Arroyo properly prosecuted and jailed in a maximum security prison instead of a hospital (because she claims to have broken her neck and wears a cast, well its been years since then and she's still wearing that stupid cast.. wake up and smell the coffee, jeez)
    4. disclose the actual truth of philippine history worldwide, let everyone know that not only are almost all our national heroes not even filipino, but the most revered of them "jose rizal" never even wanted to meddle in political affairs and just wanted to continue his pursuit in medical science, and that the philippines was sold to the united states by spain (yet we have more distraught over American's than Spaniards? wtf), and that theodore roosevelt was a spineless cockup, and that the EDSA Revolution was a staged set (because i refuse to believe a freaking tank can be stopped on its tracks by 30 weak as hell civilians on their bare hands), and that the Assasination of Benigno Acquino Sr. in the airport was a staged false assasination orchestrated by none other than his wife Corazon Acquino to win over the hearts of the filipino people and wrap them around her dirty little finger (because ninoy acquino died in the states on the surgery table for a heart bypass that failed) and the one shot down was just a double who didn't even know we was going to get gunned down (which is also funny because they say the killer shot him from behind, yet in ballistic examinations the bullet left the back of the skull, so it was done by a sniper and the staff of the plane was used as a scapegoat), and also demonizing Ferdinand Marcos even though he literally brought this country forward 30 years at least and allowed it to catch up with the rest of the world and made so many huge projects that if finished would have fixed all the problems this country still has to this day, -

the false accusations towards the marcos family after his death was also cruel and unjust because they never did anything wrong and never actually had any kind of buried treasure hidden somewhere in the philippines (which cory acquino profusely searched for decades even if it meant desecrating national landmarks) and that her massive collection of brand shoes, slippers and sandals were actually all just samples (left shoe but no right shoe), and also for Corazon Aquino's theft of the national treasury which left the country bankrupt after her 2 terms have ended and Fidel Ramos somehow managing to save the country from stifling bankruptcy before his 1 term ended despite being branded as not doing anything for the country (he freaking saved us damn it) -

This!

1 and 2 are too morbid for me to handle haha but with the kind of discipline most Filipinos have today, I would've suggested more dreadful ones. XD

3. I wish Miriam could still work for the judiciary. :/ I would also suggest an increase in the number and quality of people who work in the judiciary as more and more criminals are born everyday. lol. Moreover, the 1987 Constitution is too darn old and needs a lot of amendments.

4. I don't think disclosing the true Philippine history worldwide would still have an impact though I agree with what you said about EDSA Rev'n, Aquino's scripted assassination and Marcos' prosecution. Not that I believe it was totally scripted, just the case is still unsettled (I don't think it will ever be.).

I'm against the unjust accusations against the Marcoses too but I am open to the possibility that Marcos HAD the "treasure" but I don't believe it was "ill-gotten".

There was a docu about it but I didn't pay much attention to it as I'm not so into politics but as I have understood, he did not steal the gold bullions. He received them as commission for being one of the custodians of the Maharlikan. He planned to use them for the country's welfare in the next 30 years after he leaves presidency so he deposited them in the form of cert. of deposits in an in'tl bank (forgotten the bank and the terms :() It also said that the Phils could've been the richest country in the world if Marcos was able to claim those certs of deposits. I don't know what happened next.. ahh. TMI xD

After the Aquino presidency I don't think there's still a chance to uncover the truth behind Ninoy's assassination and demonization of Marcos. :/

Anyways..

Most Helpful Guy

• 1.) Execute the whole Bush Family for Treason
    2.) Execute the top 100 members, of the CIA, NSA/ Then force roman style decimation on the remainder
    3) Execute the top 100 owners, ceos, board members of the Banks that own the FED
    4.) Dismantle the FED and have the government resume control of money creation. Free of Debt
    5.) Disband all private militaries. All owners would be Executed
    6.) All private military contractors would be disbanded and any patents held would be transferred to the American people. The military would take over their previous operations.
    7.) Outlaw capitalism in healthcare
    8.) Make Killing of any endangered animal by an American citizen punishable by death no matter where the hunt took place
    9) Release all non violent drug offenders
    10.) legalize drugs and prostitution
    11.) Issue tax breaks for people who get vasectomies or tubes tied
    12.) Outlaw all fertility clinics
    13.) Have all of the above executed wealth and resources seized and returned to the people,
    14.) Choose my successor

Forgot I would need to execute all members of Bilderberg, CFR, and Trilateral Commision that happened to be on American soil at the time

What Girls Said 11

• I probably wouldn't due to the stress that comes with it. Though I guess I would still try just to see if I could fix anything.

• Yes I would I would enforce a sex offenders list as we don't have one here in Ireland which I think we should have.

The only proper sex offenders list is an obituary

@Nomad69 I just think we should be able to know if their are any registered sex offenders in our area. About 2-3 months ago some news station found out that their were 17 sex offenders living around a school and 42 living in another area close to a school.

• Yes I'd be that president going to jail with a shotgun in hand and shoot all the murderers, rapists and stuff.
    I'd publicly shame all bullies, cyber bullies for Everyone to see

Delinquents who would be released after fighting, stealing, breaking stuff, will have the same stuff happen to them before they can go

• Nah.. I'll pass

• Probably I would refuse it but when I am more experienced I'd get that with my effort.
    Being president of my country is great responsibility and I don't want to be remembered as bad president in history.

• I would abolish cars, the age of consent and banks.

Interesting. Why cars? That's not going to work very well for about 90% of the US, nor the US economy.

• No, I would hate that much visibility and there are way more qualified people who are experts in politics.

• I would, but anything I did would probably get undone right away in the following day. So why try?

• I'd separate religion from the goverment of Pakistan.

In the US, Immigration reform so that people who come to this country legally and are working, continue to be able to work, go to school, pay taxes, overall, be able to stay in the country.

• I would and what I would change will be : a higher salary, less hours to work less than 30 h per week, 2 month of vacancy, no homework for student, no marriage gay, no adoption for gay and it will be ok to wear flip flop / sweatpants / hoodie / sneakers / shorts at work.

• I would lower taxes for the middle class

What Guys Said 20

• Absolute Power Corrupts, ABSOLUTELY!! In the US we have the Separation of Powers, so no one person, or branch, gets absolute control!!
    There is no such thing, as a 'Benevolent'' dictator!! Power needs to be by the people, and elected leaders, not Tyrants or Dictators, however benevolent they may seem, at first!!

• I'd make it mandatory for schools to start at 9 AM instead of 8 AM.

• I would lower taxes for everybody. And cut government wasteful spending. Since it's one day of power. I would give every citizen a refund check because I had the power to.

Their goes the economy

@Nomad69 the economy wouldn't get destroyed that way. The goverment cuts would make up the refund checks. That would be the reason why I would cut it. The economy wouldn't tank in one day. In my area my major of my town lowered the taxes for everybody. And it reduced the mil rate and the amount of taxes being paid.

@Nomad69 the economy would benefit from this. another silly little kid that doesn't understand how money works

• Pluralist voting, insider trading applies to everyone especially politicians and every candidate gets a 15gb hosted. gov. us website and thats it

• I wouldn't have any idea of what to do. I'd pass on that opportunity.

• I'd dismantle both the Republican and Democratic parties, forbid any party affiliation from being shown in ads or on any ballot, end taxpayer funded party primaries, and end the practice of legislative offices (Speaker of the House, committee chairs and memberships, etc.) from being handed out by party affiliation. People need to start talking about issues instead of blindly choosing a side based on what letter appears after a candidate's name.

And all lobbying must be done on live TV for complete transparency. Failure to meet that requirement would carry a federal life sentence without parole.

• id fire 80 percent of government workers and cut taxes by 95%

• No, the president shouldn't have absolute power and no matter how “good" I might be it would create a precedent for future presidents to wield absolute power too.
    And as the adage goes power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

• Yes
    1. Bring back death penalty
    2. Decriminalize marijuana
    3. Legalize nudity In public like parts of Europe
    4. Extend punishment for rape from 3 years to 10
    5. Set marijuana convicted felons free
    6. Make a scholarship for white males only

Care to explain why you don't like this? Or do you have no retort?

• MAKE FREDOS 5p!!!

• No, I wouldn't, since I can't make good decisions.

• Allow people to buy military firearms.

• require america to redo this ellcetion. Trump versus Hillary? what are we thinking!

• Eh. I'd like to attempt to make the country as secular as possible, but I would probably just collapse under stress.

• i would accept it and abolish the monarchy

• Wipe out all violent criminals and bigots. Once the rubbish is gone create a think tank that encourages the development of new businesses and technologies that are more efficient than what we have now. As these industries evolve so will the growth of jobs also will evolve. More advanced technologies will make it possible to reach and mine the vast resources of the Asteroid Belt greatly increasing the United State GNP and eventually wipe out the national debt and even creating a surplus. The current culture of disrespect for your fellow person is replaced by culture of order and respect among everyone. Make irresponsible actions like drug use, bigotry and crime a thing of the past.

• No. I wouldn't.

• Ban all religions and send their followers to evolution reeducation camps.
    Legalize abortion up to age 5.
    Lower the age of consent to 13.
    Legalize bestiality.
    Legalize all drugs.
    Nuke the entire state of Kansas.

• I would abolish all of the executive orders that have been inflicted on the USA over the last 7 1/2 years

• I would reform the entire tax code, immigration laws, and end all religions.