Do people take advantage of you?

My personality is naturally quiet and kind. I don't cause drama and actually try to stay away from problems. Lately I feel like I'm being taken advantage of. And it's my fault. I'm passive and I'm allowing this to happen to me.

What about you guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a selfless shy extrovert and I'm getting taken advantage of all the time. Usually I know it and stop it but sadly other times I can't stop it. Don't ever think that because someone used you it is your fault because it is not. I have been down that rabit hole a few times and feeling guilty only make it worse. I lost two close freinds because I was the one keeping the group of girls and two guys together and of course "no man can be up to any good" so they conspired and made it seem like all of the group's problems were my fualt. Only two of my freinds backed me but still. I felt like it was my fault that it happened for a while and I knew that it would all fall apart without me and it quickly did. After a while I stopped blaming myself but still It is really hard to not let people take advantage of me.

Most Helpful Girl

• It has in the past, you will reach a point where it becomes too much and you'll stand up for yourself. It can be a simple yet effective gesture and you'll feel better after. I never do this in a dramatic or rude way, I just make it known I won't be taken advantage of. Different situations are a bit harder to address, but I believe since you notice and feel taken advantage of now, you'll think of ways to prevent it from escalating.

What Guys Said 2

• I can't think of any a time that's ever happened. Some people have taken me for granted though... Sucks for them...

• Don't be a push over, learn to assert yourself, say no and tell them to fuck off if you have too

What Girls Said 5

• People used to. I remember in high school whenever a student was being loud the teacher would ask me to switch spots with them. I knew they asked me because they knew I wouldn't say no. But I have started standing up for myself so it has stopped.

• No, they know I'll call them out on their bs. I'm nice but if I feel taken advantage of, I'll notice and act accordingly.

• I'm the same way & sometimes I don't really feel like people take advantage, more like walk all over me

• Som times by close family members

• They used to, then I learned how to be more assertive.