Catholics, please answer this?

So my niece has this Catholic prayer rosary, similar to this
Catholics, please answer this?

She is not Catholic, neither are her family. This might be a stupid question, but would it be really offensive if she made it different? She wants to take the cross off and put a pendant she has on the bottom of it instead. Is that really bad to do? Or is it offensive or something like that?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think almost all catholics except some arch catholics wouldn't even recognize that it is Catholic prayer rosary and mistake it for normal jewelry. Even if they recognize it, most wouldn't say anything allthough some might not find it correct as long as you don't say or do anything anti-catholic. But you can always run into someone arch catholic will call you the anti christ for doing this.
    (I was raised catholic but without the cross I wouldn't have thought it being something catholic since many jewelry looks similar)

Most Helpful Girl

• Well she's not catholic so the rosary has no symbolic meaning to her. As long as she doesn't like take the cross off and burn it or something disrespectful like that, then I think it'll be fine. I went to catholic school as a kid and they gave them to us for mass. They're literally just hanging on my grandmom's old wall phone in her kitchen as a weird decoration. We're not catholic.

What Guys Said 10

• Yes it would, rosary beads are a relic and a blessed item in the catholic faith. I see people wearing them as an accessory and even then I don't agree with it. It's not jewelry and if I seen someone desecrate a rosary I'd have a few choice words for them. Catholic or not.

• It depends what the pendant is.

• Just a charm that says "sister" she actually wants to do one each for her sister and herself.

• That's fine a lot of Catholic will find it cute.

• She's the Antichrist. 😨

• i was Catholic i wouldn't care but some people might dont like it. if she really likes it, she can do it

• With the cross removed, few people would even recognize it's religious beginning.

• Lol I think its better to do

• I'm Catholic and it wouldn't bother me at all

• NO! not offensive

• Any REAL Catholic would be deeply offended by such an action.

• Its a disrespect to the religion

What Girls Said 6

• I think it's offensive because us Catholics believe it's bad. However, I think she feels it's okay to decorate a bit.

• That's what I was worried about. Like prayer is important and crosses are too, I don't want her to do something bad if it's important. I can try to find her some other similar beads maybe.

• That would work for her

• I used to be Catholic and you're not supposed to take the cross off. She can decorate it a little but just look at other rosary designs to make sure it's not disrespectful.

• I don't think anyone would care. If they do I think it would very petty of them to go out of their way and say so.

• I'm catholic I think it's okay

• We don't care.

• I wouldn't. It could be seen as very offensive to others, possibly some of her friends.