Is a 40 dollar watch cheap?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I think that's very cheap but then I'm a swiss watch-type of person, mainly bc quality, and they tend to be quite pricey so maybe I'm just used to that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I suppose it comes down to why you want it. Watches start at a few dollars and work up to several tens of thousands, so why do you want it? If its because you like it, then it doesn't matter, to impress its cheap.

What Girls Said 3

• No, $5 would be. But it's not the price that matters, it's how well it operates.

• Yea, it's cheap... as in very affordable. Nothing wrong with that :)
    I have 2 Timex Weekender watches, which are about $20 each, and I love em.

• Tbh in my opinion that's expensive for a watch

What Guys Said 11

• Compared to things like Rolexes and the Apple Watches? I would think so. But why bother anymore? We have smartphones to tell time with? What do you really need a watch for?

• No not all seeing that 10 dollar watches exist lol

• Literally everything is cheap from one person's perspective while expensive from another's. At the moment, it is a Schrodinger's watch. It's both cheap and expensive.

• $40 is not that expensive , yes maybe from your POV! $4000 watch is expensive so $40 isn't that much , go for it :)

007 GoldenEye watch like Pierce Brosnan - $3500.00

• My watch is my phone, so yeah $40 is pretty cheap for a phone.

• No idea. As long as it works, right?

• yeah it is. When it comes to watches it's best to get something really nice or something under $20.

• I dont throw my money at the street for a fucking watch 40 dollar is too much instead of that i go to drink a coffe with my girlfriend 10 15 times

• $40 is really not a lot of money. It's not even a nice meal for one person.

• Granted, the social economic differences can change the situation. However, since the asker is in the US, and I'm in the US, my answer applies. Also, $40 just isn't a lot of money.

• dont create bullshit as i said for you not expensive thats all we dont fuck people here you fuck each other to get money as fuck and spend it with these foolish things

• yeah thats pretty cheap

• Out of my 12 or so watches I think one was cheaper than that.

• no its moderate