Do you ever wonder what's the point in living?

- NOT a suicide question.

Do you often feel hopeless enough to seriously doubt if your life will be worth it? why?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've struggled with depression on and off, so yes, I feel like killing myself now and then, but whenever I do I remind myself there's still a lot I want to do in life like travel and get my degree. That's how I keep going. I think about the longterm and my future to get through the present and the little things.

• I do the same thing. It gets bad when i can't even think about a positive long term future.

• Never thought of that.. I might give it a try, thanks! :)

• Great! Good luck!

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I feel like that a lot but I've decided I'll die when when god want's me to, which sometimes I feel like that may be before I'm 40.

• I wish I still believed in God...

• Well good life is better with god in your heart. Just go at your own pace and not others.

• I will keep that in mind man, thanks!

What Girls Said 7

• Yes because I'm meaningless, just like every other human on this planet. Completely and utterly meaningless on a bigger scale and earth is just a planet in an incredibly huge space which will eventually burn when the sun dies & even if humans or whatever species they will evolve to will have made it from the planet by then they will die by the time the last sun dies and the universe turns into a cold, empty, lifeless space. Depressing future isn't it?

• Inhave stated that very future on here for the universe. But I have a deep sinsere belief in God so no worries for me, even if I am wrong it doesn't matter.

• @nfigure hahah that's totally relevant

• @nfigure pandas serve purpose lol they die things eat them to live bam a purpose lol

• Yes because I feel like I'm doing everything I can to actually acomplish my goals nothing seems to change I just think what's point in trying anymore.

• I used to feel like this a lot, then I started taking SSRIs. Now, when I think about the future, my future specifically, I think about all the things I want to do to make the world a better place for humans.

• Yeah existentialism

• Tbh I kind of believe that I'm the only real character in this mmorpg and the rest of you are NPC's that help me along my story line. Then I sometimes believe that we're all specks and none of us matter. Usually the first though, it's way more fun 😏

• But I don't want my girlfriend to be a random NPC. :( I think I'll stick to my usual thoughts!

• You can modify 😉

• Yes! I don't have depression not suicidal thoughts nor am I a psycho. Although, I have become agnostic.
    I always ask myself what's the point in life? I believe it's easier to answer that question if you are religious.

I say we are just "visiting" earth

I just try to be happy, do as much as I can, travel, be with positive people.

• There is no point in doing ANYTHING if we're all just gonna freaking die anyways. All these years of studying hard at school, going to college, getting a boyfriend or husband, having kids , having a great career etc. Is all worthless it's just temporary. So , there really is no pint in trying so hard if we're all gonna lose it at the end of the day. Life is just such bullshit honestly.

What Guys Said 13

• Yeah it seems pretty pointless but the idea of dying and not existing really scares me so I just keep going.

But in the end we lose everything we worked for. All our material possesions, the knowledge and skills we gained, our friendships and bonds. Everything, we lose it all. I also think about what if I get to like 60 and never felt true happiness. Just 60 years of just existing but nothing more. Seems really pointless.

• There is no inherent purpose for living, biologically speaking. We simply live. However, this doesn't bother me in the least. A purposeless life can still be a happy life and that is what counts.

• almost everyday i ask this question.
    then, i play music. and everythings gets clear
    and i write, and i feel like im doing what i have to do
    those two things, along with travelling, gives me meaning more than a sea of bullshit existential wankerdoms and useless materialism

follow your guts. whatever makes you feel a thrill up your spine, and gives you chills of pleasures is the reason you're here.

• At 14 I did think that kind of things. That's an eternity ago. :D

• I wonder what's the point of living all the time but not in the same sense as you where you have a pessimistic view on it. My view of wondering is based off of just wanting to know why.

• That's definitely a much more interesting view. I hope i can leave this pessimism some day.

• Yeah. I never did before but I've thought about it a lot lately. One day you're gonna die and that's the end. There's nothing after that. It's like you never even existed. That sucks.

• Yeah, I do but I do believe in a deity and I'm having ravioli for dinner so I can stick around for a while

• Yes it happened to me a few times. I mean come on people are people we can't change them nor could the prophets, so why bother with the nonsensesical behavior of the people

• Nope, my life is awesome.

• There is no point, none at all. The only meaning it has is the relative meaning you give it.

• This is the most coincidental question I've come across. Because I was just feeling this way!

• You're not alone man :)

• Because it's Sunday night. The weekend is over and I have to go to work in six hours time.

• I wonder that all the time. All I want is a loving companion, and I have been denied that because of my lack of endowment.

I have lost all the joy in my life. I've stopped creating art, stopped writing stories and poetry... video games don't even make me happy anymore. I'm just existing.