"It's the thought that counts." True or false?

• True
  • False
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• In certain cases yes, it can be the thought that counts. But in others no.

A case where it does count: Say your boyfriend is broke, they cannot buy that expensive ring/pair of shoes or whatever expensive items girls want for Valentine's Day. He wanted to buy it for you so much, but he couldn't because of financial reasons. So he instead got you a teddy bear, some chocolate and a hand written note expressing his love for you. It would be the thought that counts. He wanted to get it, but he couldn't, he instead got a smaller gift cause it's what he could afford.

Where it doesn't count: I'm gonna tag @ProbablyTooMature in an effort to use his example. He makes a great point.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends. You can't hand me a banana peeled for my birthday and be like "It's the thought that counts." Bull fucking shit.

But you can give me like a.. a matching bracelet or like a shirt that says "I'm with idiot" when your friend has the same one pointing at you, with yours pointing at him. That's "It's the thought that matters" that I can accept.

What Girls Said 3

• Depends but mostly yeah

• What's the exception?

• Bleaching colored clothes even though they tried to do laundry, if I get food poisoning from something someone cooked me

Stuff like that.

• True but also the effort. : D

• True, but sometimes you should put a bit my thought into it.

• A bit my? You meant more right?

• Yeah i meant more, oops lol

What Guys Said 2

• Oh SO false! "I know I cheated on you but I was thinking about you, not her! And that's what counts, right?" Thoughts don't matter, actions do.

• False. Only results matter.