What are your thoughts on Gender?

How do you feel about bisexuality, homosexuality and transgender?

3mo Do you think someone has the right to decide what gender they want to be, irrespective of the sex organ they had from birth?

Most Helpful Girl

• It is talked about way too often, everyone just be yourself.

What Girls Said 10

• Wait so we have sexual orientation then transgender and a question about genders? But I don't care about others sexual orientation as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. I don't care about what gender you do or don't identify with. All I care about is when you're at the doctor, you tell them what sex or whatever you have going on down there to help you

• it's all good. All genders, all identities and gender role reversals too

• Um, bisexuality, homosexuality have nothing to do with gender identity. Also, studies are starting to show that transgender people are born with their identity of gender outside of their physical sex at birth. I've said this before, it's not my life, and not my struggle so I'm not going to pass judgement based on them for that reason. If they're a good person, that's all I care about.

• People should be and do whatever they want, as long as they are happy, and as long as they treat others good.

• I will put it quite simply. A person's gender is between their ears. A person's sex is between their legs. Sometimes the two don't match, it's easier to change the body to match the brain than change the brain to match the body. I have 2 transgender nieces. We knew from the time they were toddlers they were girls.

• I'm a lesbian so yes fine with me.

• Those are sexual orientations not genders..

• I don't care. Live and let live

• if you are confused about it check your pants, you are either male or female the end.

• You are what you are. Accept it.

What Guys Said 10

• Bisexuality means you have sex with your sex and the other sex

Homosexuality means you have sex only with your own sex. Considering exclusive homosexuality doesn't favor reproduction which is the primary purpose of every lifeform, I'd consider it an anomaly / defect, but there are some cool homosexual people out there so I hold no grudge, it's not really my business.

Transgender is a weird mental disorder. But I'd say the notion that we believe that we can somehow fit in as female just because we put on a skirt and high heels shows that our understanding of "gender" is mostly just bogus that we learn by imitating, creating stereotypes that make zero objective sense.

I think the idea that you can pick a "gender" is detrimental, because gender shouldn't exist. Only sex matters.

• people are free to believe what they want, i personally dont believe genders exist. just your biological sex exists. yes you can make body modifications to resemble the other sex and call yourself what you perceive as their gender, in the end it depends on perception.

as for bisexuality and homosexuality, yes the gods have created us to be very creative and some of us are compatible with more people than others. some of us are compatible with the other sex, some of us are compatible with the same sex. it shows the diversity in our species and brain chemistry.

• As for gender: my opinion on the whole thing is that we should stop treating females and males as different fucking species. Gender is a social construct. You're male or female (or intersex, but that is a disability), but that is only important in regards to reproduction, and absolutely nothing else. I am quite confused about my identity, and I cannot identify with "man" or "woman"; this should be my right. In an ideal society, everyone is human, and that's it. (And if you want sex reassignment surgery, that should be your right, too.)

As for sexuality: whether you prefer penises or vaginas (or both, or none) is not important to anyone but yourself.

Many people argue that gender dysphoria is a mental disorder. I'm inclined to agree (and thus willing to believe that I'm mentally ill). But does that mean that transgenders should be prevented from getting sex reassignment surgery? The recommended treatment for gender dysphoria is transition, "they should get help instead of mutilating their bodies" is a terrible argument.

• It's their choice, their body, their lives. I respect their wish

• There are only two genders... male and female.

• 1) Ok with it.
    2) Yes but after 18 (surgery wise)

• I think of it like this, if you have a XY chromosome you are a male, and if you have XX chromosome you are a female. There is only two genders, male and female. You can't change this fact.

• What do you mean?

Do you think someone has the right to decide what gender they want to be, irrespective of the sex organ they had from birth?

Depends on the law of where they live I guess

• that's not gender... you need to read more.

• weird and uncomfortable and most if is the result of a broken community who encourages pretty much anything without trying to fix it.